Aisam Ul Haq Qureshi thread - Page 109 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #1621
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aisam Ul Haq Qureshi thread

Paris Doubles Final Result

[7] R.Bopanna/A.U.H.Qureshi 6-2 6-4 [WC] J.Benneteau/N.Mahut

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 11-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #1622
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Great week for the Indo-Pak Express, claiming their first Masters 1000 title!

Their 3rd title of the year and puts them in great form ahead of the World Tour Finals which starts next week!!

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 11-13-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #1623
country flag ImmzB

The World Tour Finals Group:

Group A

Bryan / Bryan
Bhupathi / Paes
Lindstedt / Tecau
Melzer / Petzschner

Group B

Llodra / Zimonjic
Nestor / Mirnyi
Bopanna / Qureshi
Fyrestenberg / Matkowski

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #1624
country flag ImmzB

London RR Result

[5] R.Bopanna/A.U.H.Qureshi 6-7 (2-7) 6-4 9-11 [3] D.Nestor/M.Mirnyi

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #1625
country flag ImmzB

Tough loss for the Indo-Pak Express after being *6-3 and *8-6 in the MTB but couldn't close it out!

Overall, it was a good match but unlucky for Bopanna & Qureshi they couldn't get the win.

Their next match will be played on Tuesday, opponents yet to be confirmed.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #1626
country flag ImmzB

London RR Result

[5] R.Bopanna/A.U.H.Qureshi 6-7 (6-8) 3-6 [5] M.Llodra/N.Zimonjic

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #1627
country flag ImmzB

The 1st set was key, Bopanna & Qureshi served for the 1st set and had 2 SP @ *5-4 but couldn't convert they also saved 1 at *5-6. The TB they were 6-2* up and lost 6 points in a row!! That was massive for the duo!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #1628
country flag ImmzB

London RR Result

[5] R.Bopanna/A.U.H.Qureshi 2-6 1-6 [8] M.Fyrstenberg/M.Matkowski

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #1629
country flag ImmzB

0-3 at this years World Tour Finals! All the best to Qureshi in 2012 and the same said to Bopanna!

Quote:
Qureshi confirmed afterwards that Bopanna would play with Mahesh Bhupathi in 2012 at the Indians bid to compete at the Olympic Games in London in July. "I respect Rohan's decision to play with Mahesh, with a view to competing at the Olympics," said Qureshi. "I hope I will be there too."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...owski-Win.aspx

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #1630
country flag raahaat7

raahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond reputeraahaat7 has a reputation beyond repute

Shocked to read about the split??
Dont know much about J.J.Rojer. Will/can they click as a team? Any inputs are welcome!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #1631
country flag ImmzB

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/bo...aisam/881727/1

Bopanna’s decision to part ways came as a shock to me: Aisam

Quote:
Pakistan’s Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi, one half of the Indo-Pak pairing, tells The Indian Express why he’ll miss playing with the Indian. Excerpts:

You won your first Masters title with Bopanna earlier this month but now you have to look for a new partner.

* The partnership is over. For me, I would have liked to continue because I had such a great year with Rohan. But I didn’t have any say in the decision. I was just told to find a partner. It definitely came as a shock to me. I know the Olympics is a big thing and it is a huge goal for me as well but my thinking was that Rohan will want to play with either Mahesh (Bhupathi) or Leander (Paes) for about three to four weeks before the Olympics. I was not expecting it will be a matter of changing partners for the whole year.

Will it take time for you to adjust to the new set-up?

* When I was told about this two-three months back, I had two choices. I could either feel sorry or move on. And I decided that I have worked really hard for the last ten years to be in the top-10 (doubles) and even in this new scenario I need to do my best to maintain that. Ever since I started taking doubles seriously, I have played only with Rohan, so it will be tough and a new start for me.

What aspects of your partnership with Bopanna will you miss?

* A lot of things. The main thing about our pairing was that we got along so well off court too. It was almost as if tennis was secondary. We understood each other and that translated into complementing each other on court. I was more of a serve-and-volley player and brought finesse into our game, while Bops was a powerhouse with his big serve and big forehand and backhand. We have known each other for 15 years. So I hope it is not going to harm our friendship and we can still hang out together.

The end of the partnership also means end of the Indo-Pak Express.

* I’m very proud of what we have achieved together off court. There are very few teams that have global recognition as doubles pair on the Tour — the Bryan Brothers, Paes-Bhupathi, Nestor-Mirnyi — and in two years we had managed to have an impact. Being an ambassador of peace for my country, having the Stop War, Start Tennis initiative and winning the Arthur Ashe Humanitarian award were highs for me.

Both Bopanna and Bhupathi are ad court players. Do you think that could be a problem?

* That is something they will have to deal with. There will be some mix and match initially to see what suits them and either of them will definitely have to make adjustments.

Can we see the Indo-Pak Express coming together after the Olympics?

* No, if things are going well for me with Jean-Julien Roger, I will have no reason to switch. How can I leave him in the lurch? My partnerships are very sentimental for me.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #1632
country flag ImmzB

Brisbane International 2011

4th seeds, Qureshi & Rojer take on Jones & Matosevic in the 1st round.

Doubles Draw: http://www.brisbaneinternational.com...D-31.12.11.pdf

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #1633
country flag ImmzB

Qureshi & Rojer are 5th on court 1 tomorrow (Tuesday) for their Doubles 1st round match!!

Hopefully they start the year well and also as a team!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #1634
country flag ImmzB

Brisbane Doubles 1st Round Result

[4] A.U.H.Qureshi/J.J.Rojer 2-6 4-6 G.Jones/M.Matosevic [WC]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #1635
country flag ImmzB

Apia International, Sydney

Qureshi & Rojer take on top seeds, the Bryan brothers in R1.

Doubles Draw: http://www.apiainternational.com.au/...2/01/MDD-1.pdf

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!