Eurovision Song Contest: Semi final and the final - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-13-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eurovision Song Contest: Semi final and the final

Hey all

Did you watch the ESC yesterday evening? I wonder what you thought of the songs that made it through to the grand finale on Saturday. Here's what I think:

1. Finland / Jari Sillanpää - Takes 2 to tango

One of my favourite songs before the ESC started (I listened to most of the songs beforehand), I was really disappointed by the performance and most of all by the vocal 'qualities' of Jari. I thought I would be disappointed if it wouldn't go through, but I was glad it didn't.

2. Belarus / Alexandra & Konstantin - My Galileo

One word: AWFUL. That's what I thought before the contest started and after too. I heard that a lot of people really liked it, so I feared that it would make it to Saturday, but THANK GOD. What the heck was she singing? Sorry, but this was just very bad.

3. Switzerland / Piero & The MusicStars - Celebrate!

Yes, I'll celebrate. Celebrate that it didn't make it. To think that Piero actually participated in a Pop Idol-like tv program in Switzerland.. He was one of the worst singers out there, who was also hyperactive and really annoying. The backing vocals were OK, but compared to Piero, everything was.

4. Latvia / Fomins & Klein - Dziesma par laimi

I had mixed feelings about this song. I kind of like it, but then again, compared to many other songs, I didn't want it to go through. The performance was a bit odd, with an Ozzy Osbourne look-a-like. Had it been a radio contest, I would have given it a better chance.

5. Israel / David D'Or - Leha'amin

Well, vocally it was kind of strange, but not out of key. Before I saw his performance, I hated the song. One of the worst Israeli entries for years, but then again I usually like the Israelian songs (especially "Ein Davar" - Tal Sondak). I somehow started liking the song a bit, but I cannot say that I'll mind its absence Saturday.

6. Andorra / Marta Roure - Jugarem a estimar-nos

Average. That's all I have to say about it, really. She could've sung it much better than she did, but at least we have our first Catalan song in the ESC.

7. Portugal / Sofia - Foi Magía

This song didn't make it to the final and I probably am the only person here that cares. I really liked her performance, I like the song and she looks HOT A great effort by Sofia , maybe the song is a bit monotonous, but it surely is much better than Bosnia and Herzegovina, for instance.

8. Malta / Julie & Ludwig - On again.. off again

Woo! Of course this song just had to go through, and it will do very well on Saturday. At least, I predict it will. One of my two favourite songs (Denmark is out; now Albania is my other favourite) and yes, I have to admit, I even voted for it. Mind you, I never vote! It's a nice and cheesy song. There's nothing wrong with it The first song I was actually singing along with, too.

9. Monaco / Maryön - Notre plančte

It's good to see that "Help the world" songs don't necessarily do well. She looked hideous in that outfit and I don't like the song either. Won't be missed.

10. Greece / Sakis Rouvas - Shake it

My God. It was as if the Gay Pride was broadcast on my TV. That what he was wearing (what was it?!?) really annoyed me and that stripping act with his two female dancers too. They looked better with more clothing one. Of course it was sure to get a lot of votes, but the song was not good. But the effect it has is great; I found myself mumbling the song when going to the toilet

11. Ukraine / Ruslana - Wild Dance

One of the favourites to go through to Saturday and I never discovered why. I don't like the song at all. The start is so annoying (HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY) that I wanted to zap away. She looked nice and it was a nice act, but not one that appealed to me.

12. Lithuania / Simona & Linas - What's happened to your love?

It didn't go through and that is a bit of a deception. It's a nice song with a very nice performance. They should've left Linas out and let Simona do it alone, though I never expected it to do very well, but I thought it would've gone through. Blah.

13. Albania / Anjeza Shahini - The Image of You

What a great song! I hadn't really paid attention to it when listening to the songs on my computer, but now I really, really like it I am glad to see it again on Saturday, since basically everything about the song and performance is good! Tirana 2005?

14. Cyprus / Lisa Andreas - Stronger every minute

The title is not a paradox. It's just plain false. It's a tacky song, sung by a girl who had some major difficulties with her voice. It sounded very bad and it looked that way too. Why the heck did it receive so many votes?!

15. Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia / Tose Proeski - Life

The performance was really good. He sang it really well too. So naturally, I was very pleased with this song and probably is in the top 5 of my favourite songs for this year. I am glad that he sings it in English, rather than in Macedonian. Good luck in the final!

16. Slovenia / Platin - Stay forever

The fact that they're getting married today should be enough happiness. They didn't deserve to go through, but it was an OK performance. One that I didn't mind watching, but I didn't mind it when it ended either.

17. Estonia / Neiokőső - Tii

From what I heard, a lot of people thought this was a good song and when it was broadcast I liked it at first. For the first thirty seconds that is. Then, I completely changed my opinion and thought it was quite horrible. That drummer should be sacked. Apparently he has said that the girls can't sing. Well, they did a better job than the song writer or the drummer, who should've banged his head a little bit harder.

18. Croatia / Ivan Mikulic - You are the only one

It seems as if Croatia will never be able to top the "Maria Magdalena" performance. This ballad was OK, but it wasn't in my personal top 10 for the day. Had it been only Western countries voting, he wouldn't have had the chance to perform again.

19. Denmark / Tomas Thordarson - Shame on you

This is the song I played most on my computer. I can sing along with it in Danish and English, and very loudly so. But, I was really disappointed with his voice and I can see why people didn't vote for it. Still, I expected it to make it. The song deserved better.

20. Serbia and Montenegro / Željko Joksimovic - Lane Moje

This is a very beautiful song and probably one of the strongest contenders for the title. It's still growing on me. At first, I totally disliked it, now I think it is nice, though I prefer more uptempo songs. But it is one of the best (not necessarily nicest) entries of this year.

21. Bosnia and Herzegovina / Deen - In the disco

What to say about it? It was so awful, that it was actually funny. A freaky song sung by a freaky guy. The only positive thing I can say is that Deen does good work for charities.

22. The Netherlands / Re-union - Without you

How I feared this song wouldn't make it. It is one of the best songs of this year's contest. It's so beautiful and simple, that I didn't think it stood much of a chance. But it made it! Congratulations and keep up the good work! The performance was unfortunately not as good as in the Dutch contest.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #2
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest: Semi final and the final

These countries made it to the final:

1. The Netherlands
2. Bosnia and Herzegovina
3. Serbia and Montenegro
4. Albania
5. Cyprus
6. Malta
7. Croatia
8. Ukraine
9. Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
10. Greece

These would have been my ten songs:

1. The Netherlands
2. Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
3. Albania
4. Serbia and Montenegro
5. Portugal
6. Denmark
7. Lithuania

8. Latvia
9. Slovenia
10. Israel

I don't really care for the last three songs and maybe I should've mentioned Croatia rather than one of those. The top 7 should just suffice.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 05-13-2004, 07:39 AM   #3
MONSOON season.

OOPS

I am too lazy to edit, but I totally forgot Malta. Then bump out Slovenia / Latvia / Israel.

Old 05-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I saw it, well it was really funny this year.. CooCooCachoo did you also see that the singer of Denmark could be a look a like of Erben Wennemars... still can't beleive that Greece made it.. was not in my list. That was so flat..and well I thought that Bosnia was good fun.. what a good tekst that song had; "kiss me and turn me slow,up and down, here we go!"
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:57 AM   #5
MONSOON season.

IN THE DISCOOOOOOOOOO lol

And the commentator said he had a girlfriend? He looked so gay, lol.. The same goes for the Danish singer, but then again he is gay. I don't think he looks like Wennemars, though.

Well, Greece was going to make it with that 'sexy' performance. I didn't like it at all, but hey, that's what scores you points these days

Old 05-13-2004, 08:26 AM   #6
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok,well I thought he had something from Erben. and yes its really sad that they just choose songs that way.. that Greece song was no good in my ears.. but well it was a great evening full of entertainment.. and well I just found all the songs on the internet.. so you can listen them over and over again... so "clap your hands, we life in a beautiful world"
Old 05-13-2004, 08:42 AM   #7
MONSOON season.

I am singing along too lol.. Foi Magiaaaaaaaa lol

I have the songs in a RealPlayer format, but now I am downloading them too.. MP3

What's happened to your love? What's happened to my love? We've been together for so long.. but now the feeling's gone

Old 05-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #8
country flag bovenbuuf

ah Letvia.. had some problems with My Galileo.. could not hear that very good what it was all about...but just watched the video clip that is nice...
Old 05-13-2004, 09:34 AM   #9
MONSOON season.

Quote:
ah Letvia
Actually, it was Lithuania not Latvia Latvia sang in Latvian --> Dziesma par laimi

I couldn't understand the Belarussian song either except from "centre of my life" lol. Terrible song anyway..

Old 05-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #10
country flag bovenbuuf

Sorry that was it.. stupid mistake.. I heard Latvia.. could not understand that either.. but well that was because that song was not in English..Same with Sweden, could use some translation there.. what is Lena singing??
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 AM   #11
MONSOON season.

Haven't heard the Swedish song yet, but I think she will sing in English. And she must have a better pronounciation that Belarussian Alexandra

Old 05-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #12
country flag COMA

COMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
Lena will sing in English "It hurts" but actually the Swedish version "Det ger ont" was much, much better... Still, she is one of the favourites on Saturday

I think Ukraine has a GREAT chance to make it. Bosnia had a big performance last night, even though I didn't like the gay look of Deen. Actually I tipped 9 of 10 songs that made it yesterday. I din't expect Croatia to succeed but then again - so many Former Yugoslavia countries voting
I'd rather see Estonia in the final - not Croatia...
COMA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 AM   #13
MONSOON season.

Yeah Deen's look.. Ugh. And he has a girlfriend the commentator said lol.

I hope Malta, Albania or FYM Macedonia wins Or The Netherlands of course!

Old 05-13-2004, 11:04 AM   #14
country flag bovenbuuf

still can't believe that that guy has a girl..and yes well i hope that the Netherlands win.. it would be great to win after Ding a dong..
Old 05-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #15
country flag COMA

COMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't think he has a g/f.... no way

Netherlands was OK, but the guy in white, on the left was vvveeeery annoying to me. The one on the right made up for that anyway.... But I don't think they'll make the top-10.
I think Ukraine wins, and in the Top-5 we'll see Serbia, Sweden, Belgium (awful) maybe Poland or Romania.
COMA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote