Guille Coria: any news? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #16
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guille Coria: any news?

Maybe he should wait and read the articles before he gets so angry about it, I can't see anything wrong with what the Clarin journalist writes. The article clearly says Mancini is just helping him as he isn't allowed to coach any player as DC captain.
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2007/07...es/d-08501.htm

It also says Gumy will keep working with Fede.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Yes you spelled "purpose" correctly, Santi.
I'm gonna agree with Argentiantennis just because I want to tonight. In fact, I'll go on to say that as many coaches as Guille has had, there's gotta be something wrong with him as he can't keep one.
And why the hell would Gumy want to coach a fellow like Marat?? Isn't that like, WORSE than working with Guille? Oh wait, Marat still plays tennis I'm so pissed about this right now, I'm just gonna stop.

Hey, hey, hey...we all know Guille is a difficult guy to coach and he's had his share of problems with coaches during the years. But a coach doesn't define him as a tennis player, it only helps him with and I think you shouldn't blame Gumy for wanting to give the partnership with Marat a chance. And remember, Marat is also a tough guy to coach so it's not like he went to a better tempered guy Why wouldn't he want to coach a guy like Marat? It's not like he's a worthless, uninteresting tennis player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #18
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey! don't start that. he says Mancini is only helping.....
thats all he needs ... at the start! then soon...

this is how little births work. its not all clean & settled to begin, but as things roll, more becomes clear & defined. you tell me: coach davis cup a couple of times a year or work with brilliant coria? which do you want? when guille begins with the magic, mancini will be there.

i understand the politic if him not wanting to say that right now, and he's right to CAUTION the press from putting pressure & attention on the delicate situation, but ....the future is the future.

Mancini has his commitments to Davis Cup.
OK, lets give this ONE YEAR FROM TODAY and see how coria advances, and where the commitments are going to be then.

you know...history DOES have to be written! mago & luli will be writing it.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

Last edited by daze11 : 07-14-2007 at 12:55 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #19
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post

Hey, hey, hey...we all know Guille is a difficult guy to coach and he's had his share of problems with coaches during the years. But a coach doesn't define him as a tennis player, it only helps him with and I think you shouldn't blame Gumy for wanting to give the partnership with Marat a chance. And remember, Marat is also a tough guy to coach so it's not like he went to a better tempered guy Why wouldn't he want to coach a guy like Marat? It's not like he's a worthless, uninteresting tennis player
i agree, safin was ready right now, guille was not. marat needed him badly full-time, guille did not. a good decision.

thank you fate for making it so painless to finally open the door to guille & luli picking up again. i am so happy...

sorry to go on about it, but its just that I have been promoting this union of people since just after...the french open 2004...and I never stopped believing that was the right choice. All the others so far HAVE been the ...not-so-right choice, IMO.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
country flag daze11

Another thing, dont know if y'all remember, but last time they got together was that davis cup australia match and guille was on FIRE!! he lost to hewitt but beat the hell out of him for the most part, and played the best grass court match i have ever seen him play - the first set was pure art. That was little more than a 'conversation' with mancini, and it produced amazing sparks.

It is ALSO the last 'bad-boy' classic in the vault, as mancini brings out that trouble-maker side of guille that is just...part of who he really is. They are together, in essence, DOUBLE trouble! Ahh, finally.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sorry. I forgot you were a Safin fan give me a break damnit. Can't I get upset every once in a while without being shot down like I'm some kind of troll?
Anyway, I guess I should've said here what I said on FC, which is that I understand Gumy's situation and surely if I were in his position, I'd would go and work with Marat as well. Once again, I APOLOGIZE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
thats all he needs ... at the start! then soon...

this is how little births work. its not all clean & settled to begin, but as things roll, more becomes clear & defined. you tell me: coach davis cup a couple of times a year or work with brilliant coria? which do you want? when guille begins with the magic, mancini will be there.

i understand the politic if him not wanting to say that right now, and he's right to CAUTION the press from putting pressure & attention on the delicate situation, but ....the future is the future.

Mancini has his commitments to Davis Cup.
OK, lets give this ONE YEAR FROM TODAY and see how coria advances, and where the commitments are going to be then.

you know...history DOES have to be written! mago & luli will be writing it.
Indeed Mancini will be there when the magic starts...just like he's at all the Argentine players matches scouting for the DC team. Right now, I'm not sure about him resigning as DC captain to coach Guille for the future and history, but if it'll keeps thing chilly around here, I'll just say "ditto!" and leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
Maybe he should wait and read the articles before he gets so angry about it, I can't see anything wrong with what the Clarin journalist writes. The article clearly says Mancini is just helping him as he isn't allowed to coach any player as DC captain.
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2007/07...es/d-08501.htm

It also says Gumy will keep working with Fede.
Well usually does wait and read the articles and he's always angry. I guess he figured he'd get the "pissed off" part over with in advance I guess he can be happy now since the folks at Clarin decided to add a bit a jounalism to this article.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!

Last edited by Guille's Girl : 07-14-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: missed some words needed for clarification
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #22
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry. I forgot you were a Safin fan give me a break damnit. Can't I get upset every once in a while without being shot down like I'm some kind of troll?
Anyway, I guess I should've said here what I said on FC, which is that I understand Gumy's situation and surely if I were in his position, I'd would go and work with Marat as well. Once again, I APOLOGIZE.
I didn't shoot you down like a troll...just expressed my point of view which is different from yours, that's all no need to over-react and apologize. We live in a free world, we're free to have our own opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #23
country flag daze11

Quote:
Well he usually does wait and read the articles and he's always angry. I guess he figured he'd get the "pissed off" part over with in advance.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #24

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't shoot you down like a troll...just expressed my point of view which is different from yours, that's all no need to over-react and apologize. We live in a free world, we're free to have our own opinions.
Ok

Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #25
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There is an interview of Mancini in La Nacion, but he doesn't say much more. He definitely remains DC captain, but since they are not playing in DC at the moment, he has time to help other players. The Federation and the players gave him the authorization. Apparently, it was a request of Oscar Coria. Lulli says they have to help him. He can't say much about his problems since they haven't started working yet.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/Archivo/n...nota_id=927032
Quote:
Mancini: "Tenemos que darle una mano"
El capitán de la Davis fue autorizado a entrenar temporalmente al Mago

Desde el lunes próximo, en Rosario, Guillermo Coria comenzará una etapa de transición. Ya sin Hernán Gumy como entrenador, con quien no llegó a jugar ni un solo partido y ahora es el coach del ruso Marat Safin, el Mago buscó la ayuda de Alberto Mancini, capitán del equipo de la Copa Davis y que ya dirigió al jugador hasta 2003. Carta mediante del padre de Coria, Oscar, solicitando el permiso correspondiente, y tras el visto bueno de los jugadores convocables y la Asociación Argentina de Tenis, el lunes próximo Mancini comenzará a colaborar con Coria en Rosario, hasta que el tenista consiga otro conductor.

-¿Por qué aceptaste?

-Coria fue un terrible jugador, de Copa Davis en su momento, N° 3 del mundo. La AAT como institución y yo como capitán tenemos que darle una mano a un jugador en una situación difícil, es algo que se siente.

-¿Qué te pidió Guillermo?

-No hablamos muy en detalle, porque yo esperaba el OK de la Asociación y los jugadores. Estuvo parado unos meses y tiene que empezar de nuevo para volver al circuito, pero no me dio una fecha de regreso. Además, lo mío será sólo un entrenamiento fuera de competencia, hasta que consiga un coach.

-¿Qué pensás que necesita?

-El fue perdiendo lo del saque y a partir de eso su identidad como jugador, su juego se fue desvirtuando y necesita volver al Coria que fue en algún momento, ganar confianza con eso, ir armado en su juego. Eso en su cabeza es fundamental.

-En estos casos, ¿el problema es mental o técnico?

-No te lo puedo decir porque todavía no trabajé con él. En general, estas cosas tienen que ver con lo mental y eso se traslada a lo técnico, pero no te lo puedo especificar en este caso.

-¿Y qué se ataca primero?

-Eso también lo tenemos que ver día a día. Por ahí mejorás algunas cositas técnicas y eso repercute en la confianza. Y si tenés confianza, también mejorás la técnica. Van de la mano.

-¿Podés dejar la capitanía?

-De ninguna manera, por eso pedí autorización. Esta posibilidad se dio porque ahora no tenemos competencia.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #26

Ooo Thanks Fran!