*** 07 US HC SEASON "Hard Court, Low Bounces, YEEHAH!!" THREAD*** - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #46
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** 07 US HC SEASON "Hard Court, Low Bounces, YEEHAH!!" THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x View Post
They're master series, he has to put them on his shedule since their compulsary. Although realistically, he should withdraw from Cincy with fatigue this year - last year he gave a horrible, tired performance.
That's true, but as Or already said: he needs the points!
I too wished him to play one or more tournaments during the summer, in stead of having a long break now and then having that same harsh schedule in August/September again...

Well, we'll have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #47
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by that tennis guy View Post
Signs of a true fan.
Signs of a true Bandwagonner.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #48
country flag PamV

PamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond reputePamV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** 07 US HC SEASON "I believe in Blake, Berdych, and Youzhny." THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
if we are talking about the #1 ranking...it isnt. Feddy cant win everything, and what he doesnt...nadal has a nasty habit of picking it up
Nadal has been able to be in the right place at the right time before when Roger didn't enter a tournament and then there were no other top players who could bother him. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #49
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** 07 US HC SEASON "I believe in Blake, Berdych, and Youzhny." THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamV View Post
Nadal has been able to be in the right place at the right time before when Roger didn't enter a tournament and then there were no other top players who could bother him. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.
I'm not aware that Nadal is playing any optional HC events in the US either. Last year the media was talking about him being the "real #1" and he didn't win another event after the Wimbledon final. Of course one has to assume that won't happen again this year, but who knows. I wonder what the media would be saying had Soderling or Youhzny taken Nadal out at Wimbledon.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #50
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL@Nadal being the "real #1".
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #51
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x View Post
They're master series, he has to put them on his shedule since their compulsary. Although realistically, he should withdraw from Cincy with fatigue this year - last year he gave a horrible, tired performance.
Why is it that this seems to happen so often with Fed?
I see players playing every week, i.e. Davydenko, and do pretty well.
How unfit does he have to be to get burnt out barely into the second week?

Granted that these MS tourneys are whole different circumstances than MMs and other players normally do not play 5-6 matches every single week, but still.

To think that if he doesn't start off this HC season well, he will have pretty much no other way to make up the points the rest of the year....

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #52
country flag Marek.

Marek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming he wins Montreal, he should do okay at Cincy since he would get a Wednesday start. Last year he had four consecutive three setters in Toronto then had to play his first Cincy match on Tuesday. If he plays shorter matches in Montreal he should be okay for Cincy because he was able to win Madrid and Basel back to back with no problem.

Right now, I just want him to defend Montreal. If he does, I don't really care what happens at Cincy.
Marek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #53
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
I questioned his fitness a few times in March-May this year. However, to say that he was unfit in 2004-2006 is pretty ridiculous. Unfit players don't reach/win finals in every event they play.

Anyway, Murray has the game to bother Fed. It wasn't a fluke win due to Fed being tired.

As for someone like Davydenko, it does make a huge difference that very often they don't bother to win a tournament and play a couple of matches to get their appearance fees. Also, many players have "vacations" during grass or clay seasons and they don't experience the mental pressure of being an "expected winner" every week.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #54
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE View Post
Was that before or after you were going to change your handle to NadalFan_2008?
RonE:

You know me by now, I'm a total headcase when it comes to Roger. Doesn't mean I don't love him to death.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #55
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
RonE:

You know me by now, I'm a total headcase
Edited.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 07-17-2007 at 05:55 PM.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #56
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and show me how many Slams Davy has won
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #57
country flag t0x

t0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post

Granted that these MS tourneys are whole different circumstances than MMs and other players normally do not play 5-6 matches every single week, but still.

To think that if he doesn't start off this HC season well, he will have pretty much no other way to make up the points the rest of the year....
Well Cincy is a VERY humid place at that time of the year, this sort of makes the fatigue worse
Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #58
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe for a second that Roger is too tired to compete in Canada/Cincy back-to-back. So far he hasn't played as many matches as last year and he'll be coming off a 4 week break. I don't doubt he'll be a bit rusty, but he shouldn't be tired.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #59
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
I don't believe for a second that Roger is too tired to compete in Canada/Cincy back-to-back. So far he hasn't played as many matches as last year and he'll be coming off a 4 week break. I don't doubt he'll be a bit rusty, but he shouldn't be tired.
I certainly hope so!

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:19 AM   #60
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by that tennis guy View Post
Assuming he wins Montreal, he should do okay at Cincy since he would get a Wednesday start. Last year he had four consecutive three setters in Toronto then had to play his first Cincy match on Tuesday. If he plays shorter matches in Montreal he should be okay for Cincy because he was able to win Madrid and Basel back to back with no problem.

Right now, I just want him to defend Montreal. If he does, I don't really care what happens at Cincy.
If he wins MTL [like he won TO last year], who cares what he does in Cincy... better to do well at USO... let someone like Gonzalez or Ferrero win CINCY...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote