*** 07 US HC SEASON "Hard Court, Low Bounces, YEEHAH!!" THREAD*** - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 AM   #31
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** 07 US HC SEASON "Hard Court, Low Bounces, YEEHAH!!" THREAD***

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
LOL

why would federer unravel? It doesnt make too much sense to me. He's had SO MANY HEARTBREAKING losses that he probably would have spiralled down already. Thats the difference between federer mentally and a guy like mathieu or any other talented player. Federer is the most resilient player i have ever seen.He may not be as mentally tough in matches as some of his competitors or other players in history(sampras, borg etc)...but he is the most resilient.

I dont mean to gloat but after federer won wimby 2003 i thought he could win 20 slams. I first saw the guy against ferrero at the usopen and was not overly impressed. But when i saw him play defending champion sampras at wimby at the age of 19. I was like He is the male version of steffi graf.

The only reason he may start to "unravel" is if he loses motivation. From hearing federer speak, he seems to be a guy thinking beyond tennis and will be content to beat sampras record by a hair. Then he may quit.

At the same time i was surprised sampras won 14 slams. so what do i know. Sampras was such an overachiever.
Steffi didn't have a BH.

When I saw Pete in 1989 (one year before he won the Open) I thought he had a chance to be a multi-slam winner. When I saw him in 1990, I thought he was going to win 10+ slams easy.

Until 1990, Becker was the player that 'if he played his best, he would win'. After 1990, and until he retired, that man was Pete. That's one long stretch of ass-kicking.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #32
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
Steffi didn't have a BH.

When I saw Pete in 1989 (one year before he won the Open) I thought he had a chance to be a multi-slam winner. When I saw him in 1990, I thought he was going to win 10+ slams easy.

Until 1990, Becker was the player that 'if he played his best, he would win'. After 1990, and until he retired, that man was Pete. That's one long stretch of ass-kicking.
sure. but i was talking more about the dominance factor. Although athletically, forehand-wise, it matches up pretty well. Steffi did develop a decent bh topspin by the standard of the women's game...and her defense was stellar with that beautiful bh slice. Tennislurker used to call federer "steffi-fed" and if gunthardt becomes coach, this would come full circle. i know you were joking with the smilie but i still wanted to explain.

i didnt see too much of sampras in the early nineties...but of what i did see, agassi was to me more talented though Sampras was more versatile in his game. Though their accomplishments dont speak to this.
World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #33
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
Rogi hasn't played a tourney betw Wimby and TMS TO/MTL for some time now... not since he won Gstaad04... he needs his rest before the hc season and all the pts/titles he has to defend: TMS MTL, [Cincy doesn't count for much R] USO, Tokyo, Madrid, Basel, TMC Shanghai... that's a ton of points! It's impossible for Rogi to defend them... even half w be pretty good.

Rafa must be laughing... and he's in Stuttgart trying to over-insure himself v. Rogi's No 1 dominance... he is loco.
If anyone can defend all those titles and keep the #1 ranking easily, it's Roger. I've learned at this point to not underestimate what he's capable of. After the 2 times he saved 15-40 in the 5th set, I became a TRUE believer in his mental giant.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #34
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Go Rogi!!!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #35
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

At least there's somebody else who thinks Roger reminds him/her of Steffi. And when Roger dips his right shoulder on his backhand, he reminds me of his boyhood crush -- Gabriela Sabatini.
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #36
country flag ryder66

ryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond reputeryder66 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if anyone saw ESPN's "Pardon the Interuption" from Monday or Tuesday, but the hosts were talking to James Blake about Nadal overtaking Federer. Blake said that Nadal has not really proved himself as well on hard courts and needs to get to the final of the US Open. If that happens, Blake said they could revisit that subject. For now, he thinks Federer is still the stronger player. I hope he's right and Roger has a great hardcourt season! It did make me wonder, after Wimbledon, with all the commentators praising Nadal, what the other players are thinking heading into the HC season?
ryder66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #37
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

The top 45 players now entered in the tournament

http://www.rogerscupmen.com/3/en/new.../liste2007.asp
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:27 AM   #38
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing Roger a great HC season

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #39
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
If anyone can defend all those titles and keep the #1 ranking easily, it's Roger. I've learned at this point to not underestimate what he's capable of. After the 2 times he saved 15-40 in the 5th set, I became a TRUE believer in his mental giant.
Was that before or after you were going to change your handle to NadalFan_2008?
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #40
country flag Marek.

Marek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE View Post
It was before the final. Here's the quote:

Quote:
BTW, if Nadal wins, I'm changing my moniker to "NadalFan_2008". I have no time for losers, so you better fucking win Roger.
Signs of a true fan.
Marek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #41
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE View Post

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #42
country flag turkjey5

turkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond reputeturkjey5 has a reputation beyond repute

why does he play the Rogers then the Western & Southern? He ran out of steam last year.
turkjey5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #43
country flag t0x

t0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly worried he's not playing any other tournies... we all know he'll go to Cincy burnt out or withdraw completley if he wins Canada. I was hoping he'd add some MM tourney a few weeks before Canada starts just to get his FH going which has been so inconsistant this year.
Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #44
country flag t0x

t0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkjey5 View Post
why does he play the Rogers then the Western & Southern? He ran out of steam last year.
They're master series, he has to put them on his shedule since their compulsary. Although realistically, he should withdraw from Cincy with fatigue this year - last year he gave a horrible, tired performance.
Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #45
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if Roger can allow himself to withdraw from Cincy this year, this is one of his only chances to get some extra ranking points - he can't count on Rafa having such a bad HC season as last year...
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote