** Pwned by the USO Draw!!! Good luck, Andy, eat your Wheaties! ** - Page 203 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #3031
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Pwned by the USO Draw!!! Good luck, Andy, eat your Wheaties! **

Oh well, nothing new.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #3032
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

*le sigh*

Still wish he won a set, but he played well right? So that's all I/any Andy fan can hope for (: Andrew
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #3033
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee!. View Post
GM bugs me I need to not go in there.

I will not argue with tards
That is a smart way of thinking. GM just sucks you in with its ignorant backchat about Andy. Heard it all before. YAWN.

That was a good match, he played nearly as well as he possibly can (that extra bit is nearly all in the return, i think). From his press interview, it sounds like he's fully aware that despite the losing scoreline that he did well. Frankly during the first bit of the match i was just glad the match didn't follow the AO 07 path, but this performance from him was far superior to that one in January.

His intensity was just fabulous. I don't know if it was because of Federer, AA, New York....or most probably a combo of all three, but that was great. It was like a flashback or something (only with some MUCH improved volleys d: ) 1st serve % was over 70? Over 80% in the second. What a way to bring it (:

The loss of consecutive service games in the third set was tough, but understandable. Andy was so highly focused, his body just went away a bit. Considering what an easy route to the 1/4s, he did extremely well to be able to go toe-to-toe with Federer like he did. I think he SHOULD have got a set, really (the 2nd one most probably). I think it would've more truly reflected the match's competitiveness.

Andy needs to always hunt down the 2nd serve return. He wasn't doing it so much at the beginning of the match, but once he settled he did much better. I also loved how he never let his head drop, he was pretty much there fighting from start to end. It was a good performance.

And i wish he would quit moving so quickly in anticipation of where the ball is going. How many times did he jump the gun last night?

And on another note, Jimmy + Suits = LOVE.
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #3034
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Just like the media to try to create controversy regarding Roger's comments. My respect for the media continues to have no bottom.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #3035
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Deb but in fairness I think it's possible that Federer played even better than he did last year. He definitely gave away less UEs and he served better today, especially on 2nd serve where Andy often had no chance.

The way Andy protected his own serve today was most impressive. He held 14 service games in a row and there was nothing even Federer could do. On both 1st and 2nd deliveries Andy was bombing it in, with better accuracy than last year, and the FH or smash usually finished what the serve couldn't. Federer was at his best, at least as good as at the AO, and yet Andy pretty much matched him for two and a half sets - for me that was the most pleasing aspect.

But we shouldn't raise our expectations and expect Andy to beat him next time because it won't work that way. If they meet at an indoor event or at the AO next year Andy probably won't be as intensive as he was today. All you can hope for is that Federer eventually has an off day against him because no-one in the world beats him on a fast court when he's playing like this.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #3036
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

From everybody's comments, I understand he would have beaten most players with yesterday's performance. That's good sign as it means he (Yay!) can raise his level. If he had better seeding he could have avoided Roger in the quarters. Hopefully he will play the indoor season and collect some precious points in order to avoid Roger so early in the next AOpen.

It's still disappointing even if that's what we expected. DC here we go.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #3037
country flag kristanmichelle

kristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond repute

I am disappointed Andy did not win, or take a set; I really thought he could have. But I am impressed with the way he played, that was his best tennis of the tournament. Really, it was great tennis on both sides.

I am even more impressed with the manner in which he conducted himself. Andy never hung his head or got down on himself. As we all know, he has the ability to do this, or get frustrated and lose focus. This never happened, he was adamantly focused and out there for a reason. In general, this is encouraging. If he can translate this mental attitude into other matches it should help him. Whether he will or not, who knows? But he has proven the capability of such intensity.

He played strong tennis. He came out and served well and was playing well off the ground. Jimmy also appeared to think Roddick played some pretty tennis at points. Last night it was not enough, but it may be in the future—I am sure they will encounter each other again. If Andy keeps taking his shots with such a determined approach and powerful tennis he has every chance to beat Fed (most probably at Wim or USO).

That is all down the road, the DC tie is up next. Even with Andy losing, I am excited about the tie and the US’ chances. I am kind of surprised that they chose an ice-rink, but I think the US is the favorite either way. I hope that Andy can translate the positives of this match into DC.

Oh, and Jimmy was just so cute at the match.

***It’s weird, I usually do not feel this impressed/good/disappointed-but-not-upset/wistful after Roddick loses. I did not expect this set of emotions, but I knew into the second set that even if Roddick lost, it was a good match and he was playing high quality tennis. Honestly, I was bracing for distressed before the match. I get that it was still a loss; the tournament is over for Roddick. However, I just do not feel the bleak withdraw I expected; and it appears that several others are like this as well. The match may have gone differently with the change of just a few points—I am not saying Andy would have won (he may or may not have – confidence/disappointment is huge from winning/losing a TB), but the match may have gone deeper. Regardless, his mentality and skill gave him opportunity and for some reason I am content with that for the moment—not pleased, mind you—but content.

And I think Jimmy will be around for a while.
kristanmichelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #3038
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

These are great comments I totally agree and whilst I didn't expect him to win I am impressed with the score and by what you have all been saying he played really well. I am looking forward to Davis Cup (even though it isn't televised here grrr) I think the US have a very good chance and it is also one of Andy's priorities - I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of today.
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #3039
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Sigh, I thought he might get a set. It sounds like it may have been closer than the scorline might indicate but still, straight sets I mean it's good that he did the best he could, but that's what he SHOULD do, so it's hard for me to be extra-happy about that.

And I hate to be the reminder of bad news, but he was a LOT closer last year to beating him and it didn't seem to do him a bit of good considering what happened the next time they played

Anyway, he better win DC, because it's the only thing that would salvage a year that has somehow turned out to be even worse than last year
The thing is: Roger played much much much much better than last year. So did Andy, in my opinion. His serve was awesome, he kept fighting, fist pumping, Jimmy always motivating him till the end of the match. I think if you actually got to watch it you'd understand why we are happy/proud of him.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #3040
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytta!. View Post
The thing is: Roger played much much much much better than last year. So did Andy, in my opinion. His serve was awesome, he kept fighting, fist pumping, Jimmy always motivating him till the end of the match. I think if you actually got to watch it you'd understand why we are happy/proud of him.
It was definitely a 'you had to be there' match. Otherwise the scoreline suggests pretty much same old, same old.

Andy's ability to keep serve consecutively throughout the match, even when the games got a bit tight, showed huge mental strength. That alone, made me smile.
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #3041
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb6687 View Post
were they saying anything else, outside of the coaching stuff, that also annoyed you? I had commentary in spanish, and while I'm thankful I didn't have to hear those retards, i heard that agassi was in booth?
Andre just basically sat there and waxed poetic about Roger for over 2 hours. It's annoying to be on the edge of your seat, watching Andy serving and all you hear is Andre yacking about the magnificence of Roger. It gets old

Yes, he's great, we know, move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee!. View Post
Yes. He said something like they have been together a little over a year but you have to wonder how much longer they will stay together or something like that. If I am wrong someone correct

Yay! We can gang up on them That whole booth needed to just die.

EDIT- His press conference
Yes they did . I was so annoyed. Let's go get 'em!

Thanks for the pc

---

I agree with what Sarah said, both men played their best tennis and unfortunately Roger's best is better than Andy's best. But he was absolutely on last night, and if he played anything like that against any other player he'd do serious damage. Hopefully he'll take that fight right into DC and he'll get one of his four goals this year . He was impressive, moreso than the scoreline says.
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #3042
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFairy View Post
It was definitely a 'you had to be there' match. Otherwise the scoreline suggests pretty much same old, same old.

Andy's ability to keep serve consecutively throughout the match, even when the games got a bit tight, showed huge mental strength. That alone, made me smile.
Agreed.

And well, yeah. Roger's best > everyone else's best.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #3043
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFairy View Post

I completely agree. It's easy to look at the score line and be like oh crap another beat down, but it wasn't like that at all.

Andy was in that match start to end. He was holding his serve and managed to get into a few of Roger's service points. He didn't get negative or anything like that.

The biggest issue I saw was that he seemed so over anxious to be out there. He really needed to calm down a little bit.

It was a clean well played match. Roger went out to win and took it up a level in the third set. It was better tennis from both then the final last year.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #3044
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytta!. View Post
And well, yeah. Roger's best > everyone else's best.
I know after I typed that I thought Wow, that was a DUH statement.
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #3045
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenyminymo View Post
I know after I typed that I thought Wow, that was a DUH statement.
haha It needed to be said anyway