Rhyne Williams - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #91
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rhyne Williams

SapELee:

I like your new avatar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #92
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a bit of his match in round two of qualifying. Nice game.
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #93
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
SapELee:

I like your new avatar!
Thanks. I wanted to make one of Rhyne for quite some time, but couldn't find a recent picture that I like until now .

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #94
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

36 46 46 , will try to watch the replay later.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #95
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Saw the replay and have to say OMG, it was so weird to see Rhyne without a hat. Somehow, it didn't feel right . He played okay, but could done better and what in the world happened to his forehand .

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 09-01-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #96
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

From usopen.org
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f_28AUG12_468_williams.jpg (294.7 KB, 0 views)

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #97
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

1st two sets.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #98
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 564375_10151144142393701_1581607257_n.jpg (40.7 KB, 0 views)

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #99
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #100
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default 2008 Jr USO

Link

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 09-20-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #101
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Of all the players I follow on twitter, I have to say Rhyne is probably the most entertaining. But at the same time, I'm afraid of what is he is going to say next.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #102
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It took me a while to get used to the haircut, but I like it. I wonder if he is going to stop wearing his baseball cap; that, I don't know if I can get used to. Bring back the hat.

Quote:
Rhyne Williams ‏@RhyneWilliams

I want to thank @MariaVS10 for forcing me to get my hair chopped off. #bossy

Quote:
Maria Sanchez ‏@MariaVS10

@RhyneWilliams I do like being bossy!
Congrats to Maria on making the final of the 75k Albuquerque.

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 09-23-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #103
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm glad that Rhyne didn't give up tennis. Have always wondered if he feels pressure coming from a successful tennis family.

Catching Up
Rhyne Williams Matures with the Vols and Hits Pro Circuit

by Marcia Frost, 25 September 2012

Quote:
As a junior tennis player, the two things Rhyne Williams was most known for was his superior talent and his wild temper. He earned his share of violations and lost additional support he could have gotten from fans and the USTA, but Williams has learned to push his talent past his temper - and he has come out where he wanted to be all along. I don't think he has changed much

The tennis ability of Rhyne Williams is certainly not a surprise to anyone. His mother, Michelle DePalmer Williams, was a professional player. His uncle, Michael DePalmer, Jr., was a two-time All-American for the Tennessee Volunteers, where grandfather Mike DePalmer, Sr., coached. The elder DePalmer also helped with the founding of the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, where Michelle DePalmer grew up. The family ties continue all the way to his first name, as "Rhyne" was his grandmother's maiden name.

Even though, Rhyne Williams' father, Bob, played college tennis at Duke, he grew up in Knoxville, and it was the Tennessee Volunteers that would be deeper in his bloodlines. That's where he would end up playing for two years, but the situation at the time was not the way it was planned.

"I guess the main reason I went to school was to mature," explained the now 21 year old. "It gave me a chance to get away from the pressure. I won a pro tournament when I was very young (16) and there was a ton of pressure for me to turn pro. I was thinking about it and I started to kind of hating tennis for a while, and I wanted to get away from the pro tennis deal. So I went to school, matured, and started enjoying tennis again."

Williams credits the college atmosphere with the change in him.

"It was incredible playing on a team - playing for something more than yourself. It relaxed me, and I flew under the radar. I ended up realizing I still love tennis. I'm glad that it's back, the enjoyment of it."

Despite the change, he realizes that he still needs to keep his attitude in check.

"Well, it's a day by day thing. When I'm enjoying it and having fun, that's when I play my best and when my attitude is the best and it's under control."

Williams also credited the coaching staff at the University of Tennessee with a lot of his change during the two years he played for the Volunteers. "Mike, my uncle, [Head Coach] Sam (Winterbotham) and [Associate Head Coach] Chris Woodruff, they're incredible. Sam will work you to the bone and Chris will be more of your friend, so they're a great pair and it's a great coaching staff. We worked hard."

As sure as Rhyne Williams was that going to college was the right move, he also felt the same way about leaving it.

"In my sophomore year, I won the National Indoors, then I finaled at the NCAAs, losing to Stevie [Johnson of USC]. At that moment, I kind of thought I had done just all that I could with college. I felt that it was the right time and I felt that I was ready. Physically, I felt strong, so I thought it was time and I think it was the right time. " ....read more

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #104
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne draws Rik De Voest @ Sacramento Challenger. Good luck.

Full draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw203.PDF

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #105
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Need a break from this match. Knew that he was gonna get broken serving for the match. Something will never change.

Rhyne's Picture Thread