Rhyne Williams - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #481
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rhyne Williams

Looking at the match tonight, I think the rallies will be similar to the ones in the Meister match. Denis plays a lot like Meister, but at a higher level. Good ball-striking from both wings (rock solid backhand), likes to play inside the baseline and pounce on short ball, and has good net skill. I can see Denis employ a lot of drop-shot especially if Rhyne chooses to stay behind the baseline. Denis will have the edge since Rhyne typically doesn't play well in hot outdoor conditions and is uncomfortable against aggressive flat hitters. The match will probably come down to Rhyne's forehand vs Denis' backhand. In their last meeting (AOWC Playoffs), Denis served for the match in the 2nd set and Rhyne kinda went into a ballbashing mode to come out victorious.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #482
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping for a competitive match, but judging by the warm-up this might be a quick one (several errors off the forehand already ).

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #483
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

A couple of posts back, I said he is a not a complete ballbasher like Sock and Johnson and here he is playing like them with no real point construction Don't know what to expect from him anymore.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #484
country flag GameSetMatch!

GameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond repute

He ended up winning 7-5 6-4 .
Old 07-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #485
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Disappointing performance for me actually. No constructive tennis at all

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #486
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

This is very tough to make a call cause both guys very up and down

I hope one of young Americans could break into Top 20 but unfortunate neither one of Rhyne and Denis

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #487
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Couple of thoughts from last night's match.

I felt like Rhyne was trying to be a showman rather than a tennis player. I hope he changes this mindset heading into the next match.

Rhyne has said many times that his best shot is the serve and it showed, 16 aces/3 dfs. It is normal to see him rack up a lot of aces, but to do so against a good returner is impressive. The good serving, along with Denis' self-destruction, is what really won him this match.

When up a break in the 2nd set, Rhyne looked like he was doing some experimenting and ended up being broken. Have seen him done it couple of times at the challenger level, but he might want to reconsider doing it at the ATP level.

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 07-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #488
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
LOL

This is very tough to make a call cause both guys very up and down

I hope one of young Americans could break into Top 20 but unfortunate neither one of Rhyne and Denis
I think you are expecting too much. I would consider us lucky if we can get one in the top 50.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #489
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
A couple of posts back, I said he is a not a complete ballbasher like Sock and Johnson and here he is playing like them with no real point construction Don't know what to expect from him anymore.
At what point in the match did you write this post?

I mean, I guess I would have thought that Rhyne must have done something right in the match to get a straight set win over a guy like Kudla, especially since Kudla has been playing the best tennis of his career as of late. But I'm getting a little bit of debbie downer vibe from you. What did Rhyne do well?

ETA: besides serving well
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #490
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
At what point in the match did you write this post?

I mean, I guess I would have thought that Rhyne must have done something right in the match to get a straight set win over a guy like Kudla, especially since Kudla has been playing the best tennis of his career as of late. But I'm getting a little bit of debbie downer vibe from you. What did Rhyne do well?

ETA: besides serving well

Early in the match, he ran around his backhand quite a bit to hit the forehand and didn't really try to properly construct points. Mostly just utilizing the slices (refused to hit the backhand which really irritated me). For the most part, he cruised through his service games b/c Kudla couldn't get the ball back into play (a lot of unreturnables). The first set was pretty even until 5-5 where Kudla had a loose game. In the 2nd set, Denis had a couple of early break points but Rhyne managed to hold with a combination of good plays and silly errors. Rhyne was actually less aggressive in the 2nd set. He saw that Denis was frustrated and just put the ball back into play waiting for errors. And he got plenty of donations, a lot of missed overheads. Rhyne used the dropshot quite a bit in the 2nd set which got him in trouble a couple of times (including one where he gave the break back at 4-3). But more errors from Kudla led to the final break.

In conclusion, the theme of the match is Rhyne's serve and Denis' errors.

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 07-23-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #491
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have a hard time seeing Rhyne getting past Hewitt. I highly doubt he will get as many free points like in his last match. Hopefully, he can put up a respectable showing.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #492
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I don't think he'll win either. You never know, though.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #493
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

still mentally fragile I see

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #494
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

67(6) 46 The match was very enjoyable, a lot of nice winners from both players. Rhyne saved a set point at 3-5 and was up 6-2 in the tiebreak Even though he lost, I'm proud of his performance. Happy that he didn't go haywire with the slices like the other day and actually hit backhands. Also, some nice shot-making

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #495
country flag Huckleberry Z.

Huckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I think you are expecting too much. I would consider us lucky if we can get one in the top 50.
in 2-3 years, Ryan Harrison, Denis Kudla, Jack Sock, and Rhyne Williams will all be in the top 50. Ryan has already been in the top 50, and at age 20, so it's no stretch to think he will make it back there.

At least one of those guys in a few years will be top 20.
Huckleberry Z. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote