Rhyne Williams - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #151
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rhyne Williams

Quote:
Rhyne Williams ‏@RhyneWilliams

Love hanging with my animals at home #knoxville pic.twitter.com/qXKGKgBC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A7Hy4qTCQAAQEdG.jpg (62.4 KB, 1 views)

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #152
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Rhyne won 67 64 76 saving match-point on Austin's serve @ 5-3. I'm very happy to see him fight hard to get back into the match. Really wanted him to win since this is his home tournament. He made the match a lot harder than it should be though. Like the commentator said, Rhyne needs to be more patient and dictate more from the center of the court. The match was really on his racket.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #153
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I hope that Rhyne is open-minded and will consider hiring a more experienced coach. I know that he and Chris are cousins and best of friends, but I'm not sure that Chris has the experience to take him to the next level. I would like to see Rhyne take the Jack Sock's approach in the coaching department.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #154
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
D Smith ‏@Tennis1D

@RhyneWilliams Dug deep in that, saved a match point and wins 6-7, 6-4, 7-6. Enjoyed watching, 3am here in England! pic.twitter.com/mzX1F3wV

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #155
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Won 46 75 63 over Zverev Smyczek next.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #156
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne Williams downs Austin Krajicek, 6-7, 6-4, 7-6

Quote:
They’ve faced each other in junior tennis and in college and now in the pros.

It was another classic rematch Wednesday night between Rhyne Williams and Austin Krajicek.

Williams, former All-American at Tennessee, saved a match point in the third set on his way to a 6-7 (3), 6-4, 7-6 (4) victory over Krajicek in the first round of the $50,000 Knoxville Challenger at Goodfriend Tennis Center.

“Austin and I go way back,” said the Knoxville-born Williams. “We’ve been playing each other since we were 11 and 12 years old. … We’re good buddies. It’s not very fun to play a friend so early in the tournament. I feel like I was pretty lucky to get through that. I’m happy to be in the second round.”

Krajicek broke Williams’ serve for a 5-3 lead in the third set. A service winner gave Krajicek a 40-30 lead and match point. Williams saved the match point with a forehand winner and then broke serve.

“My forehand really let me down early,” Williams said. “The first set I could not find it at all, which is really unusual. My forehand is usually extremely solid. It took me a while to find it, and thank goodness I did. I was in big trouble.”

Williams had 20 aces and four doubles faults. He had four aces in the opening game and served an ace on match point.

Williams faces No. 4 seed Mischa Zverev in a second-round match this afternoon and plays his first-round doubles match tonight with Tennys Sandgren, his former UT teammate.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #157
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I hope that Rhyne is open-minded and will consider hiring a more experienced coach. I know that he and Chris are cousins and best of friends, but I'm not sure that Chris has the experience to take him to the next level. I would like to see Rhyne take the Jack Sock's approach in the coaching department.
I tend to agree that he might need a new coach.

But what exactly is the Jack Sock approach?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #158
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Took out Zverev 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in the second round.

Has Tim Smyczek tonight.

Oops...just saw where you already posted this.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #159
country flag kidbourbon

If Williams wins tonight, I think he gets to the finals.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #160
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
I tend to agree that he might need a new coach.

But what exactly is the Jack Sock approach?
Hire a well known coach like Joakim Nystrom.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #161
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wrong state and they spelled Denis' name wrong

Quote:
Reilly Opelka ‏@ReillyOpelka

@RhyneWilliams South Carolina ITF! pic.twitter.com/UwRiyOgw
Quote:
Rhyne Williams ‏@RhyneWilliams

@ReillyOpelka sick!! They botched my home state tho haha. #notevenclose

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #162
country flag kidbourbon

Quote:
Hire a well known coach like Joakim Nystrom.
He was in that USTA player development program for college players before he turned pro, and he was a practice partner for the Davis Cup. So, Pat Mcenroe and the gang certainly are aware of his potential, I'm surprised they haven't nudged him in that direction.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #163
country flag kidbourbon

Quote:
Wrong state and they spelled Denis' name wrong

What is that plaque?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #164
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lost 36 46. This match showed his lack of experience. Rhyne needs to play closer to the baseline and avoid drop-shot when behind

Quote:
What is that plaque?
List of past champions from the South Carolina ITF (Junior event).

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #165
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
He was in that USTA player development program for college players before he turned pro, and he was a practice partner for the Davis Cup. So, Pat Mcenroe and the gang certainly are aware of his potential, I'm surprised they haven't nudged him in that direction.
With all of Rhyne's connections in the tennis community, it is hard to believe that he can't get a good coach. Why doesn't he just get his uncle to coach him?

Btw, interesting open letter from his uncle, Mike DePalmer Jr., to the USTA (2006)

THE PROBLEM WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF JUNIOR TENNIS IN AMERICA

Quote:
P.S. My nephew won the 14 and under Orange Bowl last year under my father’s tutelage. But now the USTA has taken over the coaching and I hold my breath for his tennis Future.

Sincerely,
Mike DePalmer Jr.

Former top 30 in the world in singles, and top 20 in the world in doubles
Director of Elite Program NBTA 1993- 94
Coached Boris Becker 1994- 1999

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 11-10-2012 at 01:58 AM.