Florian Mayer Cheering Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-28-2004, 11:17 PM   #91
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florian Mayer Cheering Thread

Florian has played a tournament every week since the end of April at Aix En Provence Challenger so I think the break will do him good

I am guessing that before Wimbledon the commitments for Toronto were made and because of his lower ranking at that time, Florian was not required to play there like the top players? I am not sure, but either way, he deserves a break.
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2004, 02:00 PM   #92
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, for Toronto and Cincinnati he is ranked on place 66 I think. And he has decided not to play the qualifying. He will only play a few team matches in Germany and hopefully he can prepare for Athens in this break.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:33 PM   #93
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Florian plays Tomas Berdych in the first round in Athens. He will probably play Roger in round 2 though is he wins.

Good Luck Florian
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 08-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #94
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

damn, Federer is really everywhere

good luck, Florian!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:02 PM   #95
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Florian and Nicolas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiefer-Mayer_Olympia2004-01.jpg (24.6 KB, 25 views)

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #96
country flag Neely
-

nooooooooo, poor Florian.... lost to Berdych 3-6 5-7

anyway, win some other matches on hardcourt, Florian!

Old 08-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #97
country flag Raquel

I am glad he still got to go to the Olympics anyway

Good Luck Florian in US Open!
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:31 PM   #98
country flag Raquel

Florian plays Alex Calatrava in the first round of the US Open. 2nd round v Stepanek/Qualifier and possible third round against Andre Agass. I just hope he can get past the 1st round here and take it from there

Good Luck Florian
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:52 PM   #99
country flag Neely
-

yes, that's quite a good draw for him in the first two rounds...

could have been much more difficult, so I gladly take this!

Old 08-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #100
country flag Neely
-

Florian is scheduled to play on Monday, the last match on court 11.

Good luck to him!

Old 08-29-2004, 11:43 PM   #101
country flag Raquel

I got the draw wrong. He plays Saretta 1st round with Agassi a possbile second round.

Good Luck Florian!
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #102
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel
I got the draw wrong. He plays Saretta 1st round with Agassi a possbile second round.
damn, and I really hoped he has such a good draw in the first two rounds

Old 08-31-2004, 04:10 AM   #103
country flag Neely
-

Florian's 1st round match against Saretta was not finished because of one game...

but good news is that Florian was leading 6-4 6-2 *5-1

too bad they couldn't get it in for whatever reason I couldn't figure out? (curfew?, rain?)

I followed the match in the first set closely and it was very tough, seemed like lots of long points, and some games over deuces. Florian was down a break midway the first set and I thought "ohoh, not looking good", but two games later he got the break back, held his service and broke for the set!

The last two sets the scores have been very fast, I guess. I just left the computer for about 20 minutes and he already won the 2nd set

third set again Florian all the way

He's currently two breaks up, so I guess it should be enough to finish this match, I don't worry much about that, but still I think it's a bit unlucky because of one game would have been cooler if the match was finished

Old 08-31-2004, 04:03 PM   #104
country flag Raquel

Thanks Neely. I was looking for the result and couldn't find it

What a strange time to end it but he should be able to close that out quite quickly I hope
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:23 PM   #105
country flag Neely
-

I saw a detailed roundup of Florian's match today afternoon on TV and they had to stop because it began to rain.
It already started drizzling when Saretta was serving at *1-4, and Florian wanted to continue playing at 5-1, but then Saretta tried to halt play and discussed with the ref (Mike Morrissey) and as they both were finally ready to play, then a ball boy slipped when collecting a ball and the chair ump suspended play because it seemed to dangerous.