Florian Mayer Cheering Thread - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #616
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florian Mayer Cheering Thread

Good win for him Especially his least favorite place
kiriri*** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #617
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute

lost to Nole in straight sets as expected. match-up and North America HC

Hopefully he can win a match at least in Cincinnati, too
Old 08-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #618
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

He's playing better than expected in North America - he got that good win vs Tomic in Montreal and is now on US Open R3 ( first time in his career ? ) after beating Monaco and Young. Murray next up for him, Andy leads the H2H by 2-0 with two meetings n clay ( 16 61 61 in Rome 11' & 76 76 in Madrid). Good thing about Andy is that he lets him dictate, and we we will get for sure some really nice rallies. I hope he gets a decent scoreline at least.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #619
country flag kiriri***

He has reached 3R in USOP twice in his career, 2011 and this year.
His best result at GS is very interesting AO 3R(2007,2010), RG 2R(2004,2011,2012), WB QF(2004,2012), US 3R(2011,2013)

It's very weird. Clay is his favorite surface but RG's is terrible
Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #620

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

As expected, he lost to Murray 76 62 62. The match was even till the 1st set TB, since then Flo dropped his level and Andy raised his ( Flo had chances to recover the break in set 2 & 3, but he wasn't serving well enough to stand a chance vs a great returner like Andy). About clay being his favourite surface, I don't know, he has his only title on clay plus 3 finals, but I think that when he's serving well he also plays great on low bouncing surfaces like grass or indoor hard ( final in Stockholm, two QF's in Wimbledon), and even on outdoor hard when he's at his absolute best ( like in Shanghai 11').

Off Topic: He has 21/21 W-L record this season, with just two wins less than in 2012, but in 2012 he finished Top-30 and this year he's around #50 in the RACE. I think that the asian and indoor campaign suit him and he will end in the Top-50.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #621

Huge win for Flo today , he beated Bellucci on Davis Cup by 64 61 62 . Total destruction ; Thomasz only had chances on set 1, and Flo played one of his best matches of the year.

He was really solid on serve ( 6 Aces, 55% of 1st serves, 73% won on 1st, 77% on 2nd, just broken once...). He also was good from the baseline, 6 FH winners + 9 BH winners. Also 8/9 at the net, and the match just lasted 1:20 minutes. Germany leads 2-0, so they should stay yet another year on the WG.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 09-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #622

He beated Dutra Silva on a dead rubber, and is playing Metz next week as the 8th seed ; he has a good draw up to the QF's [ Qualy on R1, Haider-Maurer/Lacko on R2]. On the QF he could have a chance vs Kohli, I think that if he plays good he could beat him.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #623

Another straight sets win for Flo, vs Herbert by 62 75 . He made 9 aces, and won 77% on 1st serve, saving 4/4 BP's. He won 52% on Herbert 2nd serve, good returning

He should make the QF's , next round vs Lacko/Berrer, the german as a LL.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #624
country flag kiriri***

Good win for him
However next opponent Lacko and Berrer that they like playing indoor HC and it'll be tough a little bit even they drop their ranking.
Especially he has lost against Michi at indoor HC 2 years ago. I don't know about Lacko. They have never played each other.

Hopefully he reaches until QF
Old 09-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #625

Into the SF's , I think it's just his 2nd SF of the year ( after Bucharest). He had to fight hard vs Berlocq on the QF's, winning 57 64 75 after being down 4-2 in the 3rd.

He's playing more or less well since the USO, he's starting to be somewhat consistent, and serving better.

Good luck vs Tsonga!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #626
country flag kiriri***

Sadly he lost to Tsonga in 3 sets However he has played well and gained some form since USOP and DC.
After Beijing, his schedule is very strange.
He'll play in Beijing, Shanghai (he entried qualifying match.), Vienna, and Valencia(!!!) He entries every week
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #627

Yeah, good match yesterday ( it was a shame that after Jo broke him it was over) and good tournament overall

He will be up to #44 in the RACE, 26-22 record this season. About playing too much in the end of the year, well, Flo needs the points, and he normally plays a lot.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #628
country flag kiriri***

He lost to Gasquet in Beijing 1R Next is Shanghai, if he doesn't withdraw from Alt.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #629

Shame, it was a competitive match [ he had several BP's in the 1st], but Richie has a good record vs him ( 5-2) and is playing really good at the moment, so it was expected. He loses 180 pts. , I hope he does well in Shanghai.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #630

He defeated Di Wu 6-3 6-3 yesterday on Shanghai R1 , no break points faced, 3/9 converted, and 81% points won on 1st serve, so he really served well. 45 useful points for him, and Paire/Simon up next.