Marcel Granollers-Pujol - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #121
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcel Granollers-Pujol

Yes, that match was great against Monaco!
R3 is very good result for him, I guess he can do it.
TT singles: (ranking: 106) Titles: Quimper CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13; Kazan CH '13 and Singapore CH '12. Finalist of Orléans CH '13; Alphen CH '12 and Mons CH '12. SF of Umag '13, Chennai '13 and Buenos A. '13
doubles: (ranking: 91) Titles: Andria CH '13 (w/J99) Sao Paulo CH Finals '13 and Alphen CH '13(w/Crvena Zvezda); Burnie CH '13 (w/delicfan), Bordeaux CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Cordenons CH '12 and Alphen CH '12 (w/delicfan). Finalist of Sao Paulo CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Los Angeles '12(w/MikiKuba) and Cali CH '12(w/hat__boy)

DTT Singles: (ranking: 13) Title: Barcelona
Doubles: (ranking: 10) Title: Titles: Canada MS, US Open (w/*Jean*) and Acapulco/Sao Paulo '14 (w/J99) Finalist of Being/Tokyo (w/*Jean*)
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #122
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Marcel and Tommy also play men double together,they will face Dlouhy/Hanley in 1st round
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #123
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Marcel plays against Sweeting today. They are second on Stadium 3. I'm not happy from Sweeting. I hope will be all okay.
Good luck Marcel!!!

^^The doubles draw isn't the best. Dlouhy/Hanley are hard opponent, but it's possible.
TT singles: (ranking: 106) Titles: Quimper CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13; Kazan CH '13 and Singapore CH '12. Finalist of Orléans CH '13; Alphen CH '12 and Mons CH '12. SF of Umag '13, Chennai '13 and Buenos A. '13
doubles: (ranking: 91) Titles: Andria CH '13 (w/J99) Sao Paulo CH Finals '13 and Alphen CH '13(w/Crvena Zvezda); Burnie CH '13 (w/delicfan), Bordeaux CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Cordenons CH '12 and Alphen CH '12 (w/delicfan). Finalist of Sao Paulo CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Los Angeles '12(w/MikiKuba) and Cali CH '12(w/hat__boy)

Doubles: (ranking: 10) Title: Titles: Canada MS, US Open (w/*Jean*) and Acapulco/Sao Paulo '14 (w/J99) Finalist of Being/Tokyo (w/*Jean*)
Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #124
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

I felt this loss. Marcel looked terrible, specially his serve was bad I think. But Sweeting won his all match so easily in qualifying draw, maybe he played very well.
Good luck in Miami, and here in doubles.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #125
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #126
country flag willoughby

willoughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond repute

He's been awful this year just because he fired Fernando Vicente Fibla as his coach. I mean, he had a good second half in 2010 and came back to the top-50 thanks to the legend Fer Vicente, that did an awesome job with Marcel, but all of a sudden, he fires him to get a new coach, and you can see the results...

btw, I don't remember who his new coach is, but I think he should go back to Vicente or he's in jeopardy of dropping out of the top-100 at the end of the season.
willoughby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #127
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

^^Oscar Serrano his new coach...
Marcel and his this season: He was injured since Brisbane. He had bad draw always. (Djokovic, Dodig in Zagreb, Youzhny). In Dubai he played well against Federer but yes, his opponent was Federer...
His only one bad loss in this. (Don't forget Sweeting beaten also Querrey.)

I don't want to say nothing about Oscar, I'm waiting till clay court season.
I don't know what happened to Fernando Vicente, but he retired from tennis in last year. (summer) Maybe he wanted to focus his private life.

I'm really tolerant, I think Marcel's time will come soon.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #128
country flag pozzanghera
coffee and crisps

pozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree that I don't think it's as clear-cut as a change of coach making the difference. I've only been able to actually watch a couple of his matches this year, but in those I don't think he was playing either badly or differently--it's just that his draws have not been exactly kind. I don't think his ankle's still fully better (he's still wearing the support), and although he was erratic against Dodig even that is not unusual. He has always been hot and cold and ever-so-slightly inconsistent.

I think that he's in a bit of an awkward, transitional stage at the moment--a bit too good for Challengers, but not quite on a sufficiently consistent level to hold his own on a full-time main tour schedule.

Admittedly, Vincente did amazing things with him at the end of last year, but I think it's perhaps too soon to be blaming Oscar just yet. Personally, I'm keeping everything crossed and hoping for the best.

(And doing a lot of whining that he and Tommy aren't on a televised court today, boo.)

Oh, and a couple of questions that are a little off-topic from the current discussion:
1) Am I OK to post pictures that aren't necessarily current/related to the topic in hand in here? I have some lovely Espanyol ones burning a hole in my hard drive that I'd love to share (if you've not all got them already. )
2) Is it OK to mention Gerard in here too, as I can't see a thread for him (and I know no-one else cares much)--only, he's in the final of this weeks F2 Futures in Portugal, wheee! \o/

ETA: Also, Sweeting pretty comprehensively took out Monaco, so that makes me feel a little better about Marcel's loss earlier this week.

Marco Chiudinelli ▣ Simone Bolelli ▣ Gerard Granollers ▣ Joao Sousa

Matteo Trevisan ▣ Inigo Cervantes ▣ Christian Lindell ▣ Oriol Roca

Last edited by pozzanghera : 03-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
pozzanghera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #129
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Yeah, Sweeting was good against Monaco too, and in quali too. I seem Unlucky draw again.

I think Oscar needs more time, maybe the work together will be shown. Hard to play always with new coach. I'm waiting until clay season, I'm hopeful.

He will be seeded in Casablanca, I think. I feel good because of this tournament.

You can make new thread for also Gerard Granollers. I like him because he is a little brother of Marcel. (For me isn't problem If I read Gerard here. )

Old 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #130
country flag willoughby

willoughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond repute

Fer Vicente is not focusing on his private life. He's now coaching the young Canadian player Steven Diez (they won a Futures title in doubles last week) and I read somewhere that he dumped Vicente at the end of last season (I think I read it in Marca, so that's not a very reliable source)

Of course that Marcel should do better on the clay season, that's because I didn't understand his schedule in February, skipping the Latin American Swing to play indoor tournaments and Dubai. That was a bad schedule decision, probably planned by his new coach (same happened with Robredo last year)

I really like Marcel (specially in doubles, where he was top-5 last year), so I hope he improves his level as soon as possible. I must admit that Fer Vicente was one of my idols when he was a player, and because of that, I was annoyed when I noticed that he was fired by Marcel. Anyway, hopefully he can raise his level soon and gain a good position in the rankings before defending the Valencia points in November.
willoughby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #131
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

I didn't know he is coach of other players. I don't have idea why is they separate. Marcel was satisfied with Fer.

Yeah, you are right. I think too South America would have been for him even so he is good also on hard court. Sadly he didn't learn from Robredo's mistakes.

I don't know what will be happen end of season after Valencia, but I really hope he will have couple great results. (Specially on clay, maybe the European clay court season or on Summer.)

Old 03-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #132
country flag minh

I don't put expectation on him in IW and Miami, because they're so tough, and the result is unpredictable, but i believe he will play well in clay season in Europe this year, i really don't know what his favorite court is, as well as what his forte is, beacause i have just noticed him a short time ago. However, he will put faith on him in next tours, no matter what tours he join, i will root for him
Old 03-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #133
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

I don't know. I hope he will have good draw in Miami, but... maybe he's thinking of clay already.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #134
country flag pozzanghera
coffee and crisps

pozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond reputepozzanghera has a reputation beyond repute

Finally managed to track down some photos from his match against Sweeting. Someone's had a haircut.

Marco Chiudinelli ▣ Simone Bolelli ▣ Gerard Granollers ▣ Joao Sousa

Matteo Trevisan ▣ Inigo Cervantes ▣ Christian Lindell ▣ Oriol Roca
pozzanghera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #135
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Thanks for the pics.
I like more the longer hair, but this is also good.