AFL Round 13 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 AM   #16
bad gambler

Default Re: AFL Round 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
I can't remember the last time the Eagles lost to the stinking Crows.

I'm all over that 2.27
Stinking are what Eagles are without Judd

However does anyone know if Embley is definitely back this week for the Eagles? I'll only take them if he is starting.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2007, 05:27 AM   #17
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossboss View Post
Found an interesting article in today's Heraldsun regarding WCE records without Judd which currently sits on W/L of 2-3

Code:
In Round 9, 2005, the top-placed Eagles lost to 16th-placed Collingwood without Judd. 

Last year, again sitting first, West Coast lost to 10th-placed Port Adelaide. 

Then last week, the Eagles dropped one against the 14th-placed Saints. 

That's an ugly trifecta of losses - against 10th, 14th and 16th. 

And the Eagles' two wins without Judd since the start of 2005 also say plenty. 

In Round 11 at Subiaco last year, the Eagles found themselves 44 points down eight minutes into the third term against 15th-placed Carlton. The Blues froze and the Eagles got out of jail by 10 points. 

And who could forget Round 10 last year? The other great escape at Skilled Stadium. 

Without the inspiration and drive of Judd, the Eagles were 54 points down eight minutes into the third quarter. Again, they fought back as the 12th-placed Cats crumbled.

That stat is somewhat misleading because eagles had Cousins whenever Judd was out. Eagles are second rate without both of them. Kerr is incapable of carrying their midfield by himself. However if the eagles have Embley it is a different story.

That game in Geelong last year it was basically Cousins and then Kerr that beat the Cats in the final qtr.

Last edited by bad gambler : 06-28-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #18
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Chadster and I think you have a winner there. Hawthorn were one of my locks on the weekend.

The totals in which should go over are at the Dome on Friday night - Essendon and Melbourne will put on a score fest as it's Danniher's last game.

Kangaroos V Bulldogs at the G on Sunday afternoon - always play high scoring affairs. A few years ago, it was something like 150 - 145

Regarding Brisbane, Mitchell Clark is still out so I was leaning towards the power as Brisbane's forward line is still pretty weak.

B: Joel Macdonald (26), Daniel Merrett (21), Jared Brennan (17)
HB: Jed Adcock (7), Josh Drummond (39), Colm Begley (46)
C: Tim Notting (8), Nigel Lappin (44), Cheynee Stiller (32)
HF: Justin Sherman (11), Jonathan Brown (16), Troy Selwood (28)
F: Michael Rischitelli (35), Joel Patfull (24), Ashley McGrath (9)
Foll: Jamie Charman (19), Simon Black (20), Luke Power (6)
Int: Cameron Wood (31), Albert Proud (34), Richard Hadley (14), Daniel Dzufer (45)

However, with that said, Port don't have a powerful big man forward line, so one of Merrett or Brennan might make the move forward so we have 3 targets up there to stretch the Port's defence instead of the two in Patful and Brown. So we should get up - especially at the Gabba and especially having the week off, I think we'll see a committed more effective Brisbane team.

So I'm taking Brisbane aswell.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #19

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Embley is listed to play for West Coast in the 18 and Fletcher is on the extended interchange bench. Stenglein is out.

Whether or not Embley plays - well that's another story, but he's listed in the Eagles team this week.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #20
country flag bossboss

bossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster View Post
New to the forum......lets make some $$$$$$

Hawks to beat Collingwood 1.62 ($500 to win $310)
welcome to the forum .. i think sportfreak will love this bet ..for his beloved Hawks .. looks solid (on paper) , but i am not touching it (as a pie supporter)
bossboss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 AM   #21
country flag cn05

cn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond reputecn05 has a reputation beyond repute

What are people's views on the Essendon-Melbourne game?

Indoor at the Dome, where the bombers have a good record (4-1, every game scored 95+)this season, im thinking they will be far too good for the Dees. Both teams have been in some good form prior to last round, but i think the Bombers posting those tight wins over quality opponets shows me they have the ability to win, whereas Melbourne have outplayed opponets a number of times this season only to fall close and lose.

The 'Danniher Factor' has seen Melbourne firm during the week, but end of the day Melbourne has only won 2 games all season.

Essendon should be too good, and -5.5pts looks like a nice line.

Agree, with the Hawthorn bet above. Very solid.

Also, Freo should thump Carlton.

**New to forum, but long time 'lurker' **
cn05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:05 AM   #22
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute

One for now, more later :

Melbourne +5.5 (-102) over Essendon---------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 AM   #23
country flag chadster

chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster chadster

I have this thing about Essendon all year and it has been working for me......thats is to back them when they are underdog and fade them as a favourite. Just see the past result for yourself .

I'm not playing this game as I don't know what melbourne side will turn up tonight...

But BEWARE it has danger written all over it....I might go 'in the run' but see how first half pans out...
chadster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #24

Melbourne V Essendon - Over 192.5 @ $1.80

Kangaroos V Bulldogs - Over 221 points @ $5.50 (I'll take the single total when I get it)

1 2006 14 Kangaroos 13.16 (94) vs W Bulldogs 12.10 (82) MCG WON 12
2 2005 8 Kangaroos 13.14 (92) vs W Bulldogs 18.10 (118) TD Lost -26
3 2004 21 Kangaroos 15.16 (106) vs W Bulldogs 21.10 (136) TD Lost -30
4 2004 6 Kangaroos 18.11 (119) vs W Bulldogs 19.6 (120) Man Lost -1
5 2003 10 Kangaroos 24.12 (156) vs W Bulldogs 22.13 (145) TD WON 11
6 2002 17 Kangaroos 16.9 (105) vs W Bulldogs 21.13 (139) TD Lost -34
7 2002 2 Kangaroos 16.14 (110) vs W Bulldogs 14.13 (97) TD WON 13
8 2001 10 Kangaroos 19.11 (125) vs W Bulldogs 11.13 (79) TD WON 46
9 2000 15 Kangaroos 15.12 (102) vs W Bulldogs 16.10 (106) TD Lost -4
10 1999 15 Kangaroos 16.12 (108) vs W Bulldogs 23.12 (150) MCG Lost -42

Parlay

Melbourne +24.5 X Brisbane +24.5 X Kangaroos +24.5 X Hawthorn +24.5 @ $2.96

Good luck!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #25
bad gambler

Anyone know if Stanton is out tonight?

Like the Dees as well, may just take them SU
Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 AM   #26
bad gambler

Demons to beat Bombers - $2.18

gl
Old 06-29-2007, 04:54 AM   #27
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn05 View Post
What are people's views on the Essendon-Melbourne game?

Indoor at the Dome, where the bombers have a good record (4-1, every game scored 95+)this season, im thinking they will be far too good for the Dees. Both teams have been in some good form prior to last round, but i think the Bombers posting those tight wins over quality opponets shows me they have the ability to win, whereas Melbourne have outplayed opponets a number of times this season only to fall close and lose.

The 'Danniher Factor' has seen Melbourne firm during the week, but end of the day Melbourne has only won 2 games all season.

Essendon should be too good, and -5.5pts looks like a nice line.

Agree, with the Hawthorn bet above. Very solid.

Also, Freo should thump Carlton.

**New to forum, but long time 'lurker' **
Good to see more new members, welcome & look forward to reading your input for the rest of the season

Btw I think there is rain forecasted for the Freo game
Old 06-29-2007, 04:58 AM   #28
country flag bossboss

bossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Anyone know if Stanton is out tonight?

Like the Dees as well, may just take them SU
Essendon
In: Stanton, Lovett, Camporeale
Out: David Hille (suspended), Chris Heffernan, Monfries

Melbourne
In: Neitz, Johnstone, Brown, Newton
Out: Yze (hernia), Holland (broken nose), Pickett, Frawley

I will stick with Essendon -7.5 , took it Tuesday before line droped to -5.5as i thought it might drift the other way .

Essendon Records in Telstra dome is impressive 4-1 at the Doom this year and only loss to Kangaroos was very close (i attended this game , they kicked too many behinds)
Melbourne are 0-1 at the Doom this year and last year they went 1-3 , in 2005 they went 2-2
Old 06-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #29
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Essendon v Melbourne

Game score: odd @ 1.92

Even totals have been 4-0 in the past 4 matches between the clubs, so this one will be odd.

BOL
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #30
country flag bossboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Essendon v Melbourne

Game score: odd @ 1.92

Even totals have been 4-0 in the past 4 matches between the clubs, so this one will be odd.

BOL
And you wasted your time , posting this

Players Prop for tracking purposes only
Most Disposals H2H Damian PEVERILL vs WATSON . current year to date Peverill :268-Watson 271 odds 1.90-1.85
Before checking theie status on thhm , i had the impression that Watson will be much higher as he gets the cheap possesions , and PEVERILL is more of done and under player in the packs . both played all 12 games .
this game under Telstra Dome roof will be more free flowing/hih scoring style . Pick: Watson