WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit dead after killing his family! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit dead after killing his family!

LATEST UPDATE: Chris Benoit Murder-Suicide

06/26/2007

News conference notes from Fayetteville, GA:

- Lt. Pope: WWE called police officials at 2:30PM on Monday over concern for Benoit’s well being. Police found all three bodies in the home. “Double Homicide Suicide” is the official ruling.

- It appears Benoit killed his wife on Friday, his son shortly after, and likely hanged himself either late Saturday night or early Sunday.

- No suicide note was left behind.

- Asphyxiation is the official ruling for Benoit’s wife and son deaths.

- Benoit was previously arrested for a DUI.

- A lot of prescription medication was found in the home, legal prescriptions.

- Police found anabolic steroids in the home.

- No comment from police regarding a possible motivation.

- He killed himself several hours, but no more than a day, after killing son Daniel.

- Police is unaware of prior domestic violence.

- District Attorney Scott Ballard stated that a Bible was placed near each murder victim.

- Benoit bond Nancy’s hands and feet and she was wrapped in a towel. Blood was found near Nancy’s body.

- In 2003, a temporary restraining order was sought but later dropped.

- Benoit made no attempt to hide the bodies.

- The DA himself has not heard from WWE.

- Daniel was found in an upstairs bedroom. Benoit’s wife was also found in an upstairs family room, and Benoit hung himself in the weight room in the basement.

- The toxicology reports are still pending. It will probably take more than two weeks for the reports to be finished.

- Benoit apparently called WWE stating that Daniel was coughing up blood, thus likely the “personal reasons” for missing weekend house shows.

Last edited by Mistaflava : 06-27-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit dead at age 40! R.I.P!

Oh no, all the great wrestlers are going at an alarming rate.

RIP Chris, one of the greatest Canadian wrestlers of all time.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

Mon, June 25, 2007

Chris Benoit and family found dead: reports
'Canadian Crippler' once lived in Edmonton, Sherwood Park

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead along with his family this afternoon in his Atlanta home, according to published reports.
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting authorities confirmed that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

The Montreal-born Benoit, who moved to Edmonton when he was 12 years old, lived in Sherwood Park as recently as May 2000.

World Wrestling Entertainment issued a release over Benoit's death.

"World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home," the statement reads.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

WWE spokeswoman Cheryl Kong in Toronto said Monday night’s “Raw” TV program would serve as a tribute to Benoit and his family.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called “personal reasons.”

-With files from Canadian Press

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
Old 06-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #4
country flag TMJordan

Some SOB killed him his wife and little kid

What a piece of shit. RIP Benoit family.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
Old 06-26-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMaster View Post

Why didn't Chris Benoit wrestle him up?
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #6
country flag Bubba08

Bubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond reputeBubba08 has a reputation beyond repute

Weird and unexpected end, may the family rest in peace.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Bubba08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 AM   #7
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMaster View Post

i read its murder-suicide
so he killed his wife and kid and himself after
or his wife killed him and son and herself after.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #8
country flag TMJordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
i read its murder-suicide
so he killed his wife and kid and himself after
or his wife killed him and son and herself after.
That makes sense.

I just don't understand how people can kill their loved ones, if you need to end your life do so(fist try to get help of course), but never kill people with you.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 AM   #9
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it says he killed them on the weekend and himself on Monday
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:36 AM   #10
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Suicide is the worst act of selfishness possible but on top of that to take your wife and kid with you is sick.
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 AM   #11
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favourite ever performers dies and especially in these circumstances. One of the best ever workers must have been in so much pain to do something like this and take his family with him and all it does is pose more questions than it answers.

Yes, there are many problems within this industry for sure, and many performers die very young and drug abuse is a huge problem for sure.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/...290263-ca.html

Chris Benoit, family found dead
By JOHN POWELL - SLAM! Wrestling

Chris Benoit, perhaps the greatest worker ever in the wrestling business, has died.

Benoit, his wife Nancy (former wrestling personality 'Woman') and their son Daniel, were found dead today at the family home in Atlanta. Benoit was 40 years old.

As authorities investigate the circumstances of their deaths, reports state that Benoit missed a house show over the weekend and failed to appear for the 'Vengeance' pay-per-view last night. Wrestler Johnny Nitro took his place against CM Punk in the ECW World Heavyweight Title match. Joey Styles and Tazz, the ECW announce team, stated that Benoit was absent for "personal reasons". Throughout the bout, fans cheered "We want Benoit!".

Born in Montreal, Benoit, who looked up to the Dynamite Kid as a child, was trained by the legendary Stu Hart in Calgary and grew to be a mainstay of the Stampede Wrestling scene and a close family friend of the Hart family.

Benoit took on the persona of the 'Pegasus Kid' in Mexico and Japan and in a classic bout defeated Jushin Liger to win the IWGP Light Heavyweight title and as 'Wild Pegasus' won the Inaugural Super J Cup in 1994 when he defeated a man who would become his life-long friend: Eddie Guerrero.

Moving onto ECW, Benoit was nicknamed 'The Crippler' by booker/owner Paul Heyman after he accidentally broke Sabu's neck in a match. Moving onto to WCW, Benoit off the hook work rate and natural wrestling ability won him on spot on the legendary 'Four Horsemen' wrestling stable headed by the one and only Ric Flair.

Bad blood erupted between Benoit and WCW booker and wrestler Kevin Sullivan when a storyline concerning Benoit stealing Sullivan's wife, Nancy, became a reality.

Perhaps his greatest accomplishment in WCW was Benoit's "Best of Seven" series with Booker T. Booker won the series but the phenomenal matches elevated both in the eyes of fans and industry types alike.

On October 4th, 1999, Benoit and Bret Hart engaged in a classic match in Kemper Arena in Kansas City in a touching tribute to Bret's brother, the late Owen Hart. A month later, Benoit would wrestle Hart again, this time losing in the finals of a tournament for the vacant WCW World title.

At the 'Souled Out' pay-per-view, Benoit defeated Sid Vicious for the WCW World Heavyweight Title then quit the company over backstage politics and headed to the WWE with friends Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero.

Appearing at his first Wrestlemania, Benoit defeated Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho in a Triple Threat Match to win his first Intercontinental Championship.

In 2001, Benoit was sidelined while having to undergo surgery to repair a pinched nerve in his neck and spinal disk problems, a procedure which caused him to miss out on participating at Wrestlemania XIX in Toronto's Skydome.

In late 2003, Benoit ran afoul of Smackdown General Manager Paul Heyman. Benoit become the number one entrant in the 2004 Royal Rumble and then went from number one entrant to number one contender, eliminating the Big Show to win the Royal Rumble.

At Wrestlemania XX on March 14th, 2004, Chris Benoit defeated Shawn Michaels and Triple H in the main event to become the World Heavyweight Champion. After successfully defending the title in a rematch at Backlash in Edmonton a month later, Benoit would lose the belt to Randy Orton at SummerSlam 2004. Fans didn't care though as Benoit was widely respected as one of the greatest, toughest and hard working grapplers the squared circle had ever seen.

Nancy Daus Benoit, had a memorable career in her own right. As the unforgettable and crafty valet and manager 'Woman', she managed Kevin Sullivan, the tag team Doom, Ric Flair, Tazz and The Sandman. As 'Woman', Nancy wasn't content to look pretty at ringside. She was known to physically interfere in matches and will be remembered for the enthusiasm for which she approached her wrestling role.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/...5/4290240.html

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/...5/4290240.html

Benoit's death ruled a murder suicide
By SLAM! Wrestling

Canadian pro wrestler Chris Benoit has been found dead at his suburban Atlanta home along with his wife Nancy and son, World Wrestling Entertainment said Monday.

"It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home," WWE.com reported.

"Every indication is that this is a murder-suicide," District Attorney Scott Ballard told The Citizen, adding that he was confident in his belief that Benoit killed his wife, then his son, then himself. Reports have been made that the bodies were found in three separate rooms, and that no gun was involved.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the website statement said.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 AM   #12
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond repute

You guys lack class seriously.

We don't know yet, I would seriously doubt it's a murder suicide.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:41 AM   #13
country flag TMJordan

How could he kill his 7 year old son?

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
Old 06-26-2007, 03:44 AM   #14
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit dead at age 40! R.I.P!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
Suicide is the worst act of selfishness possible
Not the right thread to discusss this but I can think of a thousand worse acts more selfish than killing yourself.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 AM   #15
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

first Eddie Guerrero and now Chris Benoit

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote