When will Federer retire? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: When will Federer retire?

2007 (26) 8 2.38%
2008 (26 - 27) 1 0.30%
2009 (27 - 28) 6 1.79%
2010 (28 - 29) 6 1.79%
2011 (29 - 30) 15 4.46%
2012 (30 - 31) 58 17.26%
2013 (31 - 32) 67 19.94%
2014 or later (32 - 91) 175 52.08%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #61
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will Federer retire?

so you already want him to retire? j/k

i don't know, he looks as he loves tennis so i think he'll retire in the mid 30's or even later.
anyways, i don't want him to retire soon it will be a really sad lost for tennis.
i don't see federer's enthusiasm as equal as agassi's but who knows?, maybe fed will follow andre steps and retire at 35

Last edited by +alonso : 06-25-2007 at 12:37 AM.
+alonso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #62
country flag Emilio

Emilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond reputeEmilio has a reputation beyond repute

when safin kick his ass in Wimbledon 2007

Fabrice Santoro

Estudiantes de la Plata Campeon apertura 06 Argentina
Emilio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #63
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for this double post.

2012 seems a good bet to me as Federer has stated that he sees the London Olympics as a big aim and a possible swan song to his career.

If he is somehow able to carry on at the rate he is going though he may well retire earlier as surely it is exhausting to be as successful as he has been over the last few years. However it is unlikely that Federer will continue to win 2 - 3 grand slams a year. Barring a severe injury though it is likely that even when Federer has well and truly seen and had his best days, he will still be a top contender for titles.
MatchFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 AM   #64
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygene2 View Post
2012 seems a good bet to me as Federer has stated that he sees the London Olympics as a big aim and a possible swan song to his career.
He has confirmed this plan again very recently (yesterday's interview if I'm correct...).

It does sound as a rather elaborate goal to me. Hope he'll manage to maintain his high level of playing (not necessarily meaning that he'll keep on winning slams the way he has done the past three years, that is!) and that he won't burn out, either physically or mentally.
We'll have to wait and see though.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #65

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

*sighs* I logged in under the wrong name....

Quote:
so you already want him to retire? j/k

i don't know, he looks as he loves tennis so i think he'll retire in the mid 30's or even later.
anyways, i don't want him to retire soon it will be a really sad lost for tennis.
He does try to be very sensible with his schedule and gets injured infrequently so it is not such a far fetched possibility I guess.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #66
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygene7 View Post
*sighs* I logged in under the wrong name....

He does try to be very sensible with his schedule and gets injured infrequently so it is not such a far fetched possibility I guess.
I agree, it surely IS a possibility. But nothing is a given. He could get injured (Providence Forbid, but he is after all HUMAN, too), he could lose his interest ŕ la Borg, whatever.
Being the wonderful player he is, I surely hope he'll be around as long as possible!

Ah, Oxygene2, Oxygene7 - do you happen to be a fan of Jean Michel Jarre, by any account?

Anathema

Old 06-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
I agree, it surely IS a possibility. But nothing is a given. He could get injured (Providence Forbid, but he is after all HUMAN, too), he could lose his interest ŕ la Borg, whatever.
Being the wonderful player he is, I surely hope he'll be around as long as possible!

Ah, Oxygene2, Oxygene7 - do you happen to be a fan of Jean Michel Jarre, by any account?
Yes!! I do, I do!! I mean I am..

Funny you just posted that, I just replied to the Systematic Chaos Dream Theater thread I made a little a while ago.. I detail a couple of things and ask a question or two.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #68
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

As many know, and others have mentioned, he has stated London (Olympics) as something he intends to play. He will be "only" 31 that year. Let's see how his body holds up until then. I am not even looking past the next slam generally.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 AM   #69
country flag gusman890

gusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond repute

when?

when Mirka acaully turns him on.

I'm an American who loves clay tennis and the clay season...what is wrong with that picture?
gusman890 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 AM   #70
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygene7 View Post
Yes!! I do, I do!! I mean I am..

Funny you just posted that, I just replied to the Systematic Chaos Dream Theater thread I made a little a while ago.. I detail a couple of things and ask a question or two.

Lovely to meet a fellow Music Fan!
I'll get back to DT's Systematic Chaos soon - as I said, listening to it now, and wow, I am impressed!

I always need a bit of time to be able to express my exact ideas on a band's performance - but the first, second, and THIRD impressions are pretty positive!

Anathema

Old 06-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #71
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman890 View Post
when?

when Mirka acaully turns him on.
He is never going to retire?

(speaking for the M-dislikers)
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #72
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Double account alert!!! That's banning material.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #73
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Double account alert!!! That's banning material.

In this particular case, only genuine Music Lovers notice, no?

Anathema

Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #74
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond reputeASP0315 has a reputation beyond repute

When he loses to Nadal at Wimby.
ASP0315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:08 AM   #75
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word Life View Post
When he loses his virginity
Rogi has lost his virginity some seven years ago already.
Have YOU?

Anathema