College tennis - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
country flag BgStallion

BgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond repute
Default College tennis

Hey I've considered studying in the usa and I was wondering about the level of college tennis there and whether I could get a tennis scholarship. I'm not too good ,but I've made it into the top 25 juniors in my country. I was going to get even higher ,but unfortunately I had to miss some tournaments due to financial problems & school. I'll try to support you with some videos with me playing as soon as possible. But here's a description of my play style overall: I'm 188 cm tall and I weight 68 kg. I consider my groundstrokes as my best weapon ,but I'm not a baseliner - I like to go out to the net as well. I like to take the ball on the rise and be agressive. When I slice on my fh side I ussualy slice with both hands and follow through with my left (like santoro). Ironically my serve isn't that good. I have a good flat first serve and I manage to get alot of easy points because of it. The only thing I can do with my 2nd is simply avoid being attacked , but more experienced players on the tournaments have taken advantage of this part of my game. Also my 2nd serve isn't that stable so I make alot of double faults. Ussualy about 5-6 per 6-7 service games,but in my last couple of matches I've reduced them - perhaps it's more of a mental issue ,because I don't make so many mistakes on my 2nd serve practice. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not boasting - my game has alot of negative sides too . I think that I hit my shots with good pace for a junior ,but is that enough?
I really want to improve so that I can get in a 2nd devision team perhaps?
Do any of you play college tennis in the USA or get tennis scholarships. If you do any info on yours current university or the whole situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry for posting this here,but I'm pretty confused and I didn't know where else to go. If my level doesn't meet the standarts I'll do my best to improve my game and follow my dreams. Thanks in advance
Singles: ...
Vamos Juan Carlos ! Allez Fabrice !
Ferrero-tard #2

"First to the net, first to the pub"
Patrick Rafter

Last edited by BgStallion : 06-22-2007 at 07:30 PM.
BgStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #2
country flag tennisplayer89

tennisplayer89 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: College tennis

There are so many D1 or D2 colleges that it is pretty easy to get a scholarship. If all you want to do is get a scholarship, you probably can. If you want to play on a team that is actually good and wins, well that is a different story.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
country flag BgStallion

BgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond reputeBgStallion has a reputation beyond repute

Well - it's no about winning. Any team will do What kind of sum do they cover?
Ferrero-tard #2

Patrick Rafter
Old 06-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick tip..
If you want more replies to your questions, post your thread in the 'Non-Tennis' section...there are a lot more posters in there

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
country flag BgStallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesObv. View Post
Just a quick tip..
If you want more replies to your questions, post your thread in the 'Non-Tennis' section...there are a lot more posters in there
lol Thanks for the tip.
Ferrero-tard #2

Patrick Rafter
Old 06-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

tennis scholarship, at school that dont win much are not alot, they range from 25% to 75%, almost none cover everything, if you want the ones that cover everything, you need to be really really good and go to school that has chance to win a championship every year.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
country flag BgStallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
tennis scholarship, at school that dont win much are not alot, they range from 25% to 75%, almost none cover everything, if you want the ones that cover everything, you need to be really really good and go to school that has chance to win a championship every year.
Thanks for the info Anyway it's out of the question now.
Still - thanks to everyone who replied to this topic and helped me - I really appreciate it.
Ferrero-tard #2

Patrick Rafter
Old 06-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
country flag BgStallion

Anyway there's no need for this thread - who should I talk to to delete it?
Ferrero-tard #2

Patrick Rafter