THE OFFICIAL--- Fritz Wolmarans (RSA) ---- Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #46
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE OFFICIAL--- Fritz Wolmarans (RSA) ---- Thread

I'm going to watch Fritz play a qualifying match in Sacramento on Sunday. I'll try to take some pictures for you.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #47
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy, Fee
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:38 AM   #48
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I got there very late today (just not moving in a hurry at all, it's Sunday) and I missed Fritz completely. He won his match today, so I have another chance to see him tomorrow. I promise I'll move faster.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #49
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Thanks. I got there very late today (just not moving in a hurry at all, it's Sunday) and I missed Fritz completely. He won his match today, so I have another chance to see him tomorrow. I promise I'll move faster.
Just hope you have a good time. Photos wouldn't be bad of course, but that's the most important thing!

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #50
country flag Fee

I am so far. Spoke to Fritz after his match and he thanked me for the support. He was on the worst possible court, no place for spectators. I stood by the gate and watched through the fence, I could only see half the match, but I said something positive almost every time he was at my end of the court (when he wasn't screwing up, that match was kind of ugly).

Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #51
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I am so far. Spoke to Fritz after his match and he thanked me for the support. He was on the worst possible court, no place for spectators. I stood by the gate and watched through the fence, I could only see half the match, but I said something positive almost every time he was at my end of the court (when he wasn't screwing up, that match was kind of ugly).
That's good that you got to talk to him. Did he have anything to say worth a mention? Well, it looks like your support worked yesterday anyway, because he lost today and I wasn't prepared for that at all.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 AM   #52
country flag VolandriFan

Straight sets win over Bogdanovic. Please not Levine again for a while, Fritz is becoming his bitch

Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 AM   #53
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard work having to qualify every time, I'm sure he would be much better ranked by now with direct entries. But he has shown enough to suggest that can achieve a decent ranking next year.

This week he is playing in Australia (direct entry), where the field is beatable, although ranking and money wise he may regret not chosing Kuala Lumpur where the depth of the field is hardly better than here despite $125K vs $25K.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #54
country flag VolandriFan

Well, he just beat Healey, 6-7 6-2 6-4. That is a very good win for him, and him breaking Healey so many times is a good sign for his overall game.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #55
country flag VolandriFan

Second round loss to Chen(?). Consistency will still come in time.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #56
country flag VolandriFan

Burnie, Wolmarans d. Klec 4-6 6-3 6-2. Some good sets after the first.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #57
country flag VolandriFan

Burnie QF- Wolmarans d. Sirianni 6-3 4-6 6-3

Alun Jones is next. Potential upset and a place back in the top 300?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #58
country flag VolandriFan

After a solid week, Fritz will claim a new career high of around 285. Amazing progress from outside the top 600 earlier this year.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #59
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
After a solid week, Fritz will claim a new career high of around 285. Amazing progress from outside the top 600 earlier this year.
And rightly so!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 AM   #60
country flag VolandriFan

Interesting that Sirianni is having such a good run in Adelaide, and Fritz was able to beat him just a month ago. Maybe he should try his luck in some qualifying draws again.