Any Wayne Ferreira-Fans out there??? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-20-2004, 07:08 PM   #46
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Wayne Ferreira-Fans out there???

i read about the birth in the tennis magazine and my first thought was if you already know about that?????
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #47
Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond repute

McEnroe ended his talk on BBC yesterday with a special mention of Wayne, who plays his 55th Slam in a row.
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:50 PM   #48
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
Wayne has to play against Ljubicic in the 1st round. Could be a tough match, but I´m optimistic that he´ll win!!!

Wayne outguns Ljubicic 5-7 7-6(5) 7-5 6-2

okay, it must be also noted that Ljubicic was injured and I give him credit that he even continued to play.

But also a well needed win for Wayne

I hope he will play some more tournaments, maybe even the US Open this year? Anybody knows? he said something about retiring at the end of 2004... is that still true?

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...905291275.html

Wayne Ferreira = most consecutive Grand Slam appearance

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 06-22-2004 at 08:56 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #49
country flag WaynesWorld

WaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to Wayne for 55 consecutive appearances in Grand Slams!!!!

And well done against Ivan!!!

Well Neely, in that interview I read, he said he would play Wimbledon, the Olympics, maybe the US-Open and for sure the Daviscup-Relegation South-Africa against Greece - that´s it I wish he would play just one more year on the tour

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Wayne Ferreira Still missing you!!!

Last edited by WaynesWorld : 06-22-2004 at 09:06 PM.
WaynesWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #50
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

yes that would be nice, but maybe at some time he thinks it's just enough ... I don't know but it could be that he only wants to do all the things he was (mostly) missing during his career travelling from one tournament to the other and that he want to spend all of his the time with his family.

Sure, the Tour will lose a very big character and a (for me) exciting player with great achievements and an exciting game and it will be sad if he won't play anymore, but, on the other hand, it somehow also makes me happy if I know that he has a happy family. That's also nice and very honourable then!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 06-22-2004, 09:50 PM   #51
country flag WaynesWorld

WaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I agree with you. It´s very nice to see that he has a happy family and it´s totally understandable that he wants to spend as much time as possible with them. I wish him all the very best for his future. Anyway, he was my Number One and I will miss him very much

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Old 06-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #52
country flag Neely
-

Wayne outguns Kucara 7-6(3) 6-3 6-1

convincing win, Wanye! especially in the 2nd and 3rd set

Old 06-29-2004, 09:11 PM   #53
country flag WaynesWorld

After he won against Kucera I thought he could come pretty far because his draw wasn´t that bad, but unfortunately he lost against Mayer
Hope he will play great Olympics and a fantastic US-Open!!

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Old 07-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #54
country flag Neely
-

Wayne as the defending champ in LA today, where he could win his last title.

Srichaphan is a very difficult opponent, but if he finds a way to overcome Srichaphan the next round would be more easier against Morrison.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:53 AM   #55
country flag WaynesWorld

Have to bring this thread to the top again, as Wayne is playing the two very last tournaments of his long and impressive career this and next week. He´ll then definetely say farewell at the daviscup-tie against Greece I hope he´ll be able to play some more good matches in Long Island an NY.
Wayne, we will miss you!!!

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Old 08-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #56
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be so sad without him! He's one of the nicest guys, so I hope that if he can beat Paradorn, he'll beat pimpim too (assuming pimpim gets that far).
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:39 PM   #57
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Any Wayne Ferreira-Fans out there???

I will definitely miss Wayne a lot. He's such a nice person, and a great player.

I hope he'll gain some success in Long Island and US Open. First round match against Lleyton in US Open is not an easy one, but the good thing is that there's a chance the match will be televised.

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:42 PM   #58
country flag WaynesWorld

Gosh, Lleyton in the 1st round, that´s really tough.
But my second thought was also: Maybe that will be a television-match

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Old 08-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #59
country flag Neely
-

yeah, not many tournaments/matches remaining for Wayne

Nathalie, don't forget to make a good-bye thread after the Davis Cup tie.
you started his cheering thread here as the first person and so I think you would be also the predestined person for this honor

Old 08-25-2004, 07:57 PM   #60
country flag WaynesWorld

Thanks Neely! It will be an honour to start the Goodbye-Thread, though I´ll probably cry my eyes out while typing it

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin