Best Albums of 2007 so far? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #46
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Albums of 2007 so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
there's plenty of great music produced every year, you just need time and patience to dig it on the web
I don't watch MTV or listen to radio. To say that I'm no big fan of rock music and I guess that's what you mean with great music. What's so funny is that when someone ask you to mention some good albums it always has to be rock music. That's my point.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #47
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
I don't watch MTV or listen to radio. To say that I'm no big fan of rock music and I guess that's what you mean with great music. What's so funny is that when someone ask you to mention some good albums it always has to be rock music. That's my point.
which is the best pop album of the past 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #48
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
which is the best pop album of the past 10 years?
Let's say past 12 years It's gotta be History by Michael Jackson. Best album of the last 12 years. Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dance Floor by Madonna are also very good albums. Best male and female musicians of all-time.

How could I forget Blood On The Dance Floor (1997) by Michael Jackson. Most successful remix album of all-time. One hell of an album

Last edited by Bilbo : 06-14-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #49
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone heard the new Maroon 5 album? It's much moer mature and different than their first one.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #50
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
Wilco - sky blue sky
Of Montreal - hissing fauna, are you the destroyer
Panda Bear - person pitch
the klaxons - myth of the near future
electrelane - no shouts, no calls
the shins - wincing the night away
Clinic - visitations
LCD soundsystem - sound of silver
the brakes - the beatific visions
Blonde Redhead - 23
all of these are excellent.

of montreal...the shins, wilco. wincing the night away is especially excellent.

i saw of montreal live, they were SO BIZARRE but i loved them.

i don't know what kind of bands you're into, but i listen to a lot of different stuff by mood, so you might really like sigur ros and air. and dance music...i LOVE daft punk and erland oye. and i love manu chao and noir desir too, there's one song called 'le vent nous portera,' it's really lovely.
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #51
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by liptea View Post

i don't know what kind of bands you're into, but i listen to a lot of different stuff by mood, so you might really like sigur ros and air. and dance music...i LOVE daft punk and erland oye. and i love manu chao and noir desir too, there's one song called 'le vent nous portera,' it's really lovely.
you quoted my list the first time but then deleted the post

Sigur Ros and Air definitely in my top 20 bands ever together with the mighty Daft Punk. Get the Justice album i mentioned in this thread if you're into quality dance music.
Noir Desir, shame about what happened with Bertrand (the lead singer) coz they made a really great album with Des Visages Des Figures

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #52
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you quoted my list the first time but then deleted the post

Sigur Ros and Air definitely in my top 20 bands ever together with the mighty Daft Punk. Get the Justice album i mentioned in this thread if you're into quality dance music.
Noir Desir, shame about what happened with Bertrand (the lead singer) coz they made a really great album with Des Visages Des Figures
i did because i thought someone else quoted your post to tell you how good your music was. your music is excellent like duhh.

wait, what happened to noir desir?

do you want to send me that album? i've been looking all over for it, but i don't think they sell it here.

DAFT PUNK DANCE PARTIES are the shit. aerodynamic, one more time, harderbetterfasterstronger, technologic...sliufhgsliu! other good dance music-bob sinclair, cansei de ser sexy, i LOVE them.

speaking of fabulous french music, i really also like Un Monde Parfait by Ilona, i loved that song and then i read an interview of gael monfils, and it was one of his favorites too! and i love yann tiersen.

if you like sigur ros, do you listen to mum?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #53
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
i did because i thought someone else quoted your post to tell you how good your music was. your music is excellent like duhh.

wait, what happened to noir desir?

do you want to send me that album? i've been looking all over for it, but i don't think they sell it here.

DAFT PUNK DANCE PARTIES are the shit. aerodynamic, one more time, harderbetterfasterstronger, technologic...sliufhgsliu! other good dance music-bob sinclair, cansei de ser sexy, i LOVE them.

speaking of fabulous french music, i really also like Un Monde Parfait by Ilona, i loved that song and then i read an interview of gael monfils, and it was one of his favorites too! and i love yann tiersen.

if you like sigur ros, do you listen to mum?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noir_Desir

you want to download the album or buy it? they dont sell it here either

if you mention dance music you cant leave out the fabulous british trio: Underworld, Chemical Brothers and Orbital

I listen to Mum although it's rather different from Sigur Ros

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #54
country flag Pixie

Pixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Like you and scarecrows too I guess ( ), my taste depends on the moment, the mood etc. I used to like those you talk about of course but I am not too much into it as of now (mood )

As about Noir Desir, good to hear that a french rock band can be heard from USA to Albania which doesn't happen a lot. And something you both might not know about this sad story is that his girlfriend was a a well-known comedian coming from a well-known family of cinema actor/producer. It made a big mess in France which was quite a contrast with Bertrand Cantat's character (sober, didn't like the medias and all). A sad story.

And that's now the moment to tell arevelation : Noir Desir's guitarist is a cousin of mine. But i dont him at all actually
And Bertrand Cantat went to the same highschool than me though he's quite older
~♠ Lisnardaire(s) ♠~
un pour un, un pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Pixie : 06-14-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Pixie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #55
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
do you guys have a playlist complex? i make MILLIONS.
no, I usually listen to entire albums when home, on my iPod maybe I can listen to some fav songs but dont make playlists

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #56
country flag liptea

Quote:
no, I usually listen to entire albums when home, on my iPod maybe I can listen to some fav songs but dont make playlists
ohh, there are few albums that i can listen to all the way through.

like the playlist im listening to write now is called 'driving next to green, green grass' and you'll like it, i think. if you want, i can maybe upload it to sendspace and share some of it:

sleeping lessons-the shins
jesus, etc.-wilco
le vent nous portera-noir desir
strange form of life-bonnie "prince" billy (so good!)
narc-interpol
bicycles are red hot-tv on the radio
maman a tort-mylene farmer
love is no big truth-kings of convenience
you love me-kimya dawson
the predatary wasp of the palisades is out to get me-sufjan
neighborhood no.1-the arcade fire

i just like songs better.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #57
country flag jeahhh!
Madness is genius

Location: Back with the sisterhood, joining forces for the AO
jeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ohh, there are few albums that i can listen to all the way through.

like the playlist im listening to write now is called 'driving next to green, green grass' and you'll like it, i think. if you want, i can maybe upload it to sendspace and share some of it:

sleeping lessons-the shins
jesus, etc.-wilco
le vent nous portera-noir desir
strange form of life-bonnie "prince" billy (so good!)
narc-interpol
bicycles are red hot-tv on the radio
maman a tort-mylene farmer
love is no big truth-kings of convenience
you love me-kimya dawson
the predatary wasp of the palisades is out to get me-sufjan
neighborhood no.1-the arcade fire

i just like songs better.
Omg that is a good playlist.
jeahhh! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #58
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobear View Post
Bloc Party-A Weekend in the City
It took a few listens for it to grow on me, but a really good album

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #59
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBdV View Post
It took a few listens for it to grow on me, but a really good album
big disappointment

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #60
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
big disappointment
It was a change from Silent Alarm, so I can see why many people were disapointed, but it grew on me after a while

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote