Kiefer in Halle comeback. How are his chances to win a match? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #16
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiefer in Halle comeback. How are his chances to win a match?

I was so glad that I had the feeling Kiwi won!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #17
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

I taped the match too and it was a good performance. What a pity that he could not hold the break in the 2nd set.

Weiter so Kiwi!
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #18
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's pretty impressive. I thought it would be something like 6-3 6-2 or something. A shame he couldn't capitalize on the chances that he most likely had, but good job Kiwi I'm so prowd of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
I taped the match too and it was a good performance. What a pity that he could not hold the break in the 2nd set.

Weiter so Kiwi!

I'm so jealous of u guys who got to see him. How was his serve? I assume it was pretty solid cuz the score was so close
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #19
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Waske said on TV that Kiwi already has wildcard offers from Newport and Gstaad and also the other US tournaments are interested.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #20
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan80 View Post

I'm so jealous of u guys who got to see him. How was his serve? I assume it was pretty solid cuz the score was so close
His first point was an ace. Overall, his (first) serve was his strength although it kinda left him in 1-2 key moments. But not too much to complain. His backhand - he is normally very solid on that side - was too error-prone IMO. And he probably could have tried more S+V. Most of the time he was staying at the base line.

The court is slippery, so both players fell several times. Seems to me that Queen's is better in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Waske said on TV that Kiwi already has wildcard offers from Newport and Gstaad and also the other US tournaments are interested.
Good to hear. I imagine that Stuttgart would be willing to give him a WC, but since it's clay, I kinda doubt that Kiefer wants to play there.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #21
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....Kiefer/Pavel won their doubles match today. The more time Kiwi gets on grass before Wimby the better. Want him to stay healthy for Cincy where I hope to see him.
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #22
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, guys.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
The court is slippery, so both players fell several times. Seems to me that Queen's is better in that regard.
dito, I think I'm noticing that every year
this could be one of the negative side effects of the roof
humidity is likely to be higher, especially when the roof is closed
and if the roof is open, the sun often does not shine on every spot to dry it.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #24

Well even if Kiwi didn't win his Singles Match, but won in Doubles I don't think that is bad at all considering how long he has been out He will get better I'm sure
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #25
country flag Neely
-

Yes, at least one win in doubles for the comeback!

Meanwhile they lost 5-7 6-7(5) to Aspelin/Perry

Old 06-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #26
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

They served for the set in the first.

JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #27
country flag Yappa

Oh no, another TB lost. Well, he'll hopefully make up for it in Wimbledon.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #28
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych and Aspelin/Knowel won the final in Halle today. So Kiwi lost twice against the champion... Sounds good, doesn't it??
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #29
country flag Yappa

Ok, but I'd rather see Kiefer win the 1R of Wimbledon against a claycourter than lose against Federer in 5 sets.
Yappa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #30
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see him working on his birthday in Wimbly :-)
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote