Tim in Rome sweet Rome - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #1
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tim in Rome sweet Rome

Tim has a decent draw again and could win a few rounds. Obviously Conan is not expecting Tim to win the tournament but rather continue to maintain a top 10 position in the Race by the time the grass season starts. Then he could be in a good position to make the masters Cup which, along with Wimbledon, have to be the two main aims this season.

Conan assumes Tim is not playing doubles again this week?
Conan the Librarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #2
country flag moonlight

moonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim in Rome sweet Rome

Conan
I think your assumption's right, didn't see his name on the doubles draw. btw, your thread title is so cute
Good Luck Tim against Mayer tomorrow.
moonlight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond repute

hello moonlight!

Conan sees that Nenad Zimonjic is playing with Clement in the doubles this week. Unlikely they will repeat the Monte Carlo success.

Conan expects a tough match against the rapidly improving Mayer. Hopefully Tim starts this tournament at a higher level than he did in Monte Carlo.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:50 PM   #4
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Tim!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:00 PM   #5
Conan the Librarian

The two problems from Monte Carlo - slow starts and low first serve % - continue to haunt Tim. He overcame those to beat Mayer comfortably in the end.

Conan thinks the rest of his game is looking good.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:34 PM   #6
country flag coria-fan04

coria-fan04 is on a distinguished road

The problem with Henman on clay is that he can never fully use his serve/volley tactic to win.For example, take the match against Schuettler in Monte Carlo,Schuettler simply rallied him off the court.

I think that in Henmans draw in Rome he should reach the quarters before losing to Safin/Massu
coria-fan04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #7
Conan the Librarian

Hmmm...Conan thinks you are stating the obvious with regards to being unable to serve/volley as much. Conan still believes Henman has adapted reasonably to clay over the years and his style still gives the out and out clay courters(of which Schuettler is not) some problems.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #8
Conan the Librarian

Conan expected the win over Stepanek but did not expect a 1 & 1 scoreline. Two ciabattas for Stepanek!! (Conan does not know Italian for breadsticks)

Next up is Zabaleta, who has beaten Henman both times they met on clay. Zabaleta is slight favourite in Conan's opinion.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #9
country flag JuanChuffy007

JuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tim!
Old 05-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #10
Conan the Librarian

hello JuanChuffy007!

Conan saw the match against Stepanek tonight and, though Tim played well, Stepanek was pretty awful. it's a step up against Zabaleta tomorrow...if they get to play!!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:20 PM   #11
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to Tim against Zabaleta.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:07 AM   #12
country flag moonlight

moonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Tim, good luck in your match(es) today!
moonlight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #13
Conan the Librarian

Zabaleta just beat Tim, as Conan expected. He played really quite poorly towards the end and in Conan's opinion he had a foot on the plane to Hamburg as soon as he went a break down in the 3rd. Quite a disappointing attitude.