Josselin Ouanna - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #31
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Josselin Ouanna

he won
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #32
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #33
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Really good win for Joss. Was pleased to see it happen.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #34
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

awesome, I'm happy for him
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #35
Kip

Kip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond reputeKip has a reputation beyond repute

I was so impressed by him, especially given the liitle experience he has at this level.

Good Luck in the next round and in doubles.
Kip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #36
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Interview after the match (video on the website):
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...192945062.html

Quote:
J. OUANNA/M. Granollers

7‑5, 2‑6, 3‑6, 7‑6, 6‑1

An interview with:

JOSSELIN OUANNA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. (In French.) Well, I guess you must be very happy. That sounds a bit of a stupid question, but winning a first round in Roland Garros must be very important for you having to play the playoffs so often?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Yes, it's very important, and then there was style, as well. I've never played a match in five sets. I was afraid I would give in, but he did. A victory in five sets, that's perfect. Now I have a bit of time to freshen up, because I'm not playing until Wednesday. His ranking is not that high, but he is from Spain,on clay, so big difference.

Q. The court must be very fast here.

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Yes, the balls are very fast. The courts are very fast. And with the heat, it makes it even faster. And I think that was an advantage to me. Because with regards to my serve, my forehand,I mean, these are conditions I like, and I practice here all year‑round.

Q. In Lyon, you played well in the Grand Prix. You're the same generation of Tsonga, all these guys. Think about it.

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, yes. You know, as I say, we all have our way of doing things, and if I have to take more time, I will. Maybe I'll never reach their level, but I try to do things match after match, tournament after tournament.

Q. (Off microphone.)

JOSSELIN OUANNA: End of the fourth set, I changed the way I returned, and that allowed me to save my energy, and that destabilized him with regards to his serve. So then I was more aggressive, and I was in the position to lead the exchange. So that's something I'll try and do more often. I'll try and be more aggressive during the game. It's going to help me waste less time.

Q. Is it the longest match you ever played?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Yeah. Yeah. I don't know how long it lasted, but I think that's one of the longest, because usually on the hard surface,it can be a tough match, but it never lasts long.

And as it's my first match in five sets, yes.

Q. After second and third set, you really looked exhausted. How did you manage to turn the situation around?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, I was drinking a bit too much, so this is why I had difficulties in serving. This is why I called for the doctor. And then there was the sun. It was more difficult for me to serve on one of the sides. And then in the fourth set, I started serving better, and there was the way I returned, which I changed as well as it helped me save some of my energy.

I was not that much involved in the exchange. I was winning right on my return or he was playing well, and that was it.

Q. When you had this beautiful tournament in Lyon, Jerome Potier, your trainer, your coach, said you had mental barriers, and little by little you managed to overcome these barriers. Can you tell us about these barriers?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, it was lack of self‑confidence. I think the first thing was in Rennes. I played my first challenger tournament. I reached the quarterfinals, and I ended up losing. And last year I won one. This year I didn't play many. I won one in Saint Brieuc, and I think ‑‑well, you know, that's also the way I play is I need to do things, and then I know I can do it on a regular basis. And this helped me. And also, winning matches on the tour.

Q. When was this tournament?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: End of last year.

Q. Your next round is you're playing Safin.

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, so far, I've not thought about it. I don't know. I don't know. It's true that he is approaching the end of his career, but he's still a very good player. He played very well this year. Jo‑Wilfried Tsonga played him recently, and I talked about him. He has a problem ofself‑confidence, apparently. He misses more shots than in the past, and probably physically he's not at his best, so I have a card to play and I'm going to try and play that the best I can.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #37
country flag Getta

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...271521093.html

One-on-one with Josselin Ouanna

Monday, May 25, 2009
By Benjamin Adler

Long overshadowed by compatriots Gael Monfils and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Josselin Ouanna finally appears ready to claim his rightful place among the French tennis elite.

For a long time Josselin Ouanna was almost invisible. Naturally shy, he was like an introverted teenager who dared not look anyone in the eye.

New attitude

Times have changed. Ouanna pulled off his t-shirt, showing off his bare chest for our camera, a symbolic gesture for a player who is almost sure of himself now, and increasingly confident of his physique and his strength.

It is also the type of attitude the 23-year-old has begun to display on court as he takes his game to the next level. Take Sunday, for example, when the 136 world-ranked Ouanna took a more aggressive approach than usual against Spain’s Marcel Granollers, a player fully 40 points higher than him in the rankings. The new and improved “Joss” went on to win his first Grand Slam match. In five sets no less.

Reminiscences

Still visibly moved after watching the match, Ouanna’s first coach Fabrice Loustalot spoke to the press about his former protégé’s transformation. “Joss has changed his attitude. He’s really developed his character. During the match he showed some emotion, pumped his fists. It was beautiful to watch. Perhaps that’s what was missing from his game.” Loustalot trained Ouanna from the ages of 7 and 13 and remembers him as a “super talented boy who was extremely shy and almost never spoke.”

Ouanna is clearly coming into his own then. A victory at the Rennes challenger, followed by a quarter-final spot in Lyon, are proof of a burgeoning talent. Joss himself commented on his recent progress: “I’ve improved at my own pace. I know I have what it takes. Perhaps I had less self-confidence than Jo or Gael and of course my injuries didn’t help. It wasn’t easy seeing my friends winning matches on TV, but it in the end it certainly motivated me to go meet them at the top!”

With the help of his current trainer Jerome Potier, Ouanna is working his way up in his own way and at his own speed. And when he faces Marat Safin in the second round he will get the chance to show the world his new attitude and prove that Tsonga and Monfils may not be that hard to catch after all…

Last edited by Getta : 05-27-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #38
country flag Getta

Yes, Josselin advances to third round at Roland Garros.

So happy for him.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #39
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

What a match
The 5th set was just

It was the first match i saw him play and he has such a forehand
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #40
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

A star is born
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #41
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I would think he was weak mentally but what a quiet guy
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #42
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

that was a brilliant match. Hope it gives him bags of confidence. Doesn't he play Gonzo next?
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #43
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Gonzo next.

Great match Joss, hope he can keep it up.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #44
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #45
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Great match, congratulations!
Keep this level, Joss.
DanaKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote