All Pete Sampras matches (ATP Tour) - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #511
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Pete Sampras matches (ATP Tour)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Pete fan View Post
Match number 600

Tournament: Roland Garros
Surface: clay
Round: 1
Date: 27 May 1996

P.Sampras - M.Gustafsson 6-1 7-5 7-6(5)

- Sampras served 23 aces, but made 5 double-faults.
- This match lasted 2 hours and 7 minutes.
- "Haven`t been a lot of clay court days for me this year. I felt I got off to a good start" - Sampras said.
- Gustafsson was only two points away twice from winning the 2nd set at 5:4 (30:30) and deuce on Sampras serve. He also was leading 5:4 in the third set tiebreaker and had an early break in the 3rd set.

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #512

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Match number 665

Tournament: Rome
Date: 13 May 1997

P.Sampras - J.Courier 6-7(5) 4-6

- Sampras was better in aces (9-5).
- Courier won 69 points, Sampras 59.
- This match lasted 1 hour and 34 minutes.
- Sampras made 36 unforced errors.
- "It makes it more difficult to play when they`re hissing like that. I don`t think I have to play two months on clay to play well at the French" - Sampras said.
- Sampras was leading 4:2 in the first set tiebreaker.
- Courier was leading even 5:1 in the 2nd set. Sampras won the next three games and had 30:15 lead on his opponent serve in the last game.

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #513

Quote:
Match number 669

Tournament: Roland Garros
Round: 3
Date: 30 May 1997

P.Sampras - M.Norman 2-6 4-6 6-2 4-6

- Sampras had a stomach problems before and during this match.
- Norman was ranked 65-th in the world.
- Norman was better in aces (12-7).
- Sampras made 6 double-faults.
- This match lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- "I woke up this morning and told myself that beating Pete Sampras would be the best way to celebrate my birthday. I never actually believed that I could do it. I`ll have to really celebrate now" - Magnus Norman said.
Sampras was leading 4:1 in the 2nd set and 2:0 in the 4th set!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #514

Quote:
Match number 685

Tournament: Indianapolis
Surface: hard
Date: 14 August 1997

P.Sampras - M.Larsson 6-7(6) 6-4 6-7(5)

- Larsson was better in aces too (18-11).
- Larsson made 10 double-faults, Sampras 4.
- Larsson won 110 points, Sampras 109.
- This match lasted 2 hours and 7 minutes.
- "I knew I needed to serve really well, which I did. When you have beaten him once, you know you can beat him again, especially when he`s not on top of his game like today" - Larsson said.
- Larsson was leading 6-0 in the third set tiebreaker, but Sampras cut the lead to 6-5! However Larsson won this match on his sixht match point!
- Sampras wasted one (advantage) set point at 5:4 on Larsson serve in the 1st set.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #515

Quote:
Match number 801

Tournament: World Team Cup
Round: round-robin
Date: 21 May 1999

P.Sampras - P.Rafter 3-6 5-7

- Both players noticed 4 aces.
- This match lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Sampras wasted three set points at 5:4 in the 2nd set on Rafter serve!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #516

Quote:
Match number 354

Tournament: Cincinnati
Date: 12 August 1993

P.Sampras - A.Krickstein 6-2 7-5

- Sampras was better in aces too (11-8).
- Krickstein made 5 double-faults.
- This match lasted 1 hour and 26 minutes.
- Krickstein was leading 4-0 in the second set!
- "At that point, I was looking at three sets" - Sampras said.
- Krickstein wasted 8 set points in the 2nd set!!! He had 4:0, later even 5:1 (30:30) on Sampras serve, 5:2 (40:0) on his serve and two advantage set points(!), 5:3 (30:15) on Sampras serve and 5:4 (40:0) again on his serve! So he lost six games in a row!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #517

Quote:
Match number 61

Tournament: Australian Open
Date: 15 January 1990

P.Sampras - T.Mayotte 7-6(6) 6-7(5) 4-6 7-5 12-10

- this match lasted 4:45 or even 4:59 - it was certeinly the longest match in Pete`s career!
- Mayotte made two double-faults in a row serving to stay in the match at 10-11!
- That match lasted 4 hour and 59 minutes.
- Sampras was leading even 4-1 in the 5th set.
- "I will probably play my best tennis in my mid-20s with my big breakthrough when I’m 20 to 21. My time will come. That double-fault on match point was a relief" - Sampras said.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #518

Quote:

Match number 575

Tournament: Memphis
Date: 22 February 1996

P.Sampras - G.Rusedski 7-6(7) 7-6(1)

- Rusedski was better in aces (20-10).
- Sampras won 82 points, Rusedski 74.
- This match lasted 1 hour and 23 minutes.
- "When he hits it, that`s when you need to try to get it and hope your racket hits the strings" - Sampras said about Rusedski serve.
- Rusedski wasted three set points in the 1st set tiebreaker (two at 6:4 and one at 7:6).

Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #519
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

hello my dear Greg

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
It was a little bit different (the deciding moments are on youtube)

4th set:
- Sampras was leading 5:3* not 5:2, but I'm not 100 % sure.
- In tie-break Sampras was leading 4:1 with two mini-breaks!
- Had three (not four) match points in TB: 6:5*, 8:7*, 10:9*

5th set:
- Sampras was leading 4:3 (40-0), 5:4 (30-15), 8:7 (40-15) -> another two match points
- Korda broke Sampras serve for the first time in 17th game of the 5th set and was serving for the match at 9:8 (Sampras broke back to 15).
- Korda converted his first MP
- Sampras was better in aces 28-13
(Korda served the only (!) ace in the 5th set)

It was the best match I've ever seen. Nice to see the fragments of that match 14 years later

I`ve just watched the match and your version is incorrect.

3rd set: Korda was up 3:0, Sampras broke back to 3:3.

4th set: Sampras was leading 3:1 (not 5:2 or 5:3), later Korda 4:3, 5:4 and 6:5. You are right talking about tiebreak. Sampras served 5 aces in tiebreaker and still lost wasting 3 MP!

5th set: Sampras was leading 6:5 (30:15), not 5:4 (30:15). Sampras served 30 aces (so more than 28). Korda served 5 aces in the 5th set, not only one.

In the last game of the match on Korda serve Pete was up 30:15. This math lasted 4 hours and 31 minutes.

Of course we are talking about Compaq Grand Slam Cup 1993 semifinal. Korda beat Sampras 3:6, 7:6(3), 3:6, 7:6(10), 13:11. Sampras wasted 5 match points in two sets!

Last edited by Greg-Pete fan : 05-16-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #521

Hi mimi. How are you?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #522
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi mimi. How are you?
not very well health-wise but i am working on it, how about you? How is your job, hope it is good

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #523

Not bad, but could be better

Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #524
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Not bad, but could be better
time does fly quick, the memory of us chatting almost every day with angel, lee etc is just like yesterday, but however it was almost 9 years ago