/|/|/|/|/| Grasscourt Season 2007 /|/|/|/|/| - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #496
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: /|/|/|/|/| Grasscourt Season 2007 /|/|/|/|/|

he should look at this wimby and be proud of himself not only did he do his best in a grand slam he won for the first time 2 sets down.

in the end federer was just better but in time richard will grow and improve and maybe in a couple of years time when feds a lil older u never know maybe gasquet will win wimby, grass seems to be one of his faves!

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #497
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
An interesting comment about their playing styles and the comment was made by a commentator at Wimbledon that the one player Roger liked to see play was Richie. Could be because he sees some of himself in Richie's play?
yeah i heard mcenroe mention that roger said out of all the players he likes to watch gasquet play.

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #498
country flag kt4gasquet

kt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond reputekt4gasquet has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has said in interviews this week that he hopes Richard reaches the top of the game soon. He also said that he went into the locker room after Richard's match against Roddick and he said that Richard was that tired and hurting that much he was struggling to do up his shoelaces. Bless!
Also they said that he will now be number 7 in the world.
Allez Richard!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Richard Gasquet,Jamie Murray,Tomas Berdych,Andy Roddick,Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
kt4gasquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #499
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Which interviews that Roger say that?
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #500
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic run here to the Wimbledon semis. You can't be dissapointed in how he lost to Roger today. I was expecting an even tougher loss, but Richard showed a lot of heart even though he was exhausted and hurting.

I'm just so proud right now to call myself a Richard fan and even though he's had some tough times its great that he's doing well again. It makes all those 1st round losses worth it. Richard did so well and has nothing to be ashamed of.

Richard
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:29 AM   #501
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Well I had thought Richie might do a little better against Roger. But I think Richie was worn out after his 5 Setter yesterday, while Roger has had a lot of rest this Tournament. As if he needs any rest at Wimbledon But still a great Tournament for Richie
yeah I think so too. but he has excuses. he played about 4 hours. his match ended at 8:00 pm the previous day and he has a foot problem as well. Still enjoy to watch his play even though yesterday's match was quite .
his playing is so much delightful. I hope he keeps playing like that and shows his spirit like he did against Roddick because it was like I saw him again against Federer in Monte Carlo.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:50 AM   #502
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute

What a great tournament for Richard. I'm so so proud of him. It appears as though he's finally reaching his potential. I just watched the fourth set from the Roddick match (thanks again, my0118!) and that tiebreaker was just... absolutely incredible. His tennis is such a joy to watch. I'm glad he doesn't look too down on himself (judging by that interview posted in the videos thread). I hope he holds his head high and is proud of himself for a delightful two weeks at SW19!
williaer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #503
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

I am really proud of Richard for this tournament! (even if he did break my heart in the quarter finals! ) He finally made the breakthrough which we all knew he was capable of, and hopefully he will take a lot of confidence from this tournament and in future believe in himself and know that he is capable of beating anyone.

I am really excited to see what he can do in the hardcourt season.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #504
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm watching the Gasquet/Roddick match again and still am awe at the winners that Richie managed to hit. The bhs dtl were beautiful. His net game is fantastic and crosscourt winners were pure entertainment. He improved his game a lot, too. His return of serve was impressive, finally being able to return Roddick's 136 mph serves. His serve was spot on, managing to OUTACE Roddick. I was worried when he couldn't defend his Nottingham title. But he proved me wrong, beating Roddick, making it to a GS SF and rising to an unprecedented #7 on the ATP rankings. Hopefully this is a turning point for him. Federer said that when he played that 5 set match against Hewitt, even though he lost, it was a turning point for him. So maybe this is the match for Richard. Can't wait for the American hardcourt season. I really want to see Richie making it to the Toronto final (again) and make it far in the US Open. I read that some said the grass was slower that was why Richie could return Roddick's serve and in hardcourt, he won't be able to that. Hopefully that is not true.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote