Heterosexual discrimination - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 AM   #31
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Great posts in this thread from you. You're right about this. I think Paul has a few issues that he needs to work out, he obviously has a bit of resentment towards "gay culture." This isn't the first time it's popped up.

You're right that we've been discriminated against and have had no choice but to build our own little subset of society. I agree that things must be done to protect gay establishments from harm, but I do think that banning people just because they are straight would be wrong. I, for one, think that if a straight person wants to go to a gay club just to have fun then it's great for both that person and the club. The ultimate goal should be to be able to have seamless integration of our subculture into society as a whole. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a straight person willingly interact with gay people in clubs and such.

Thank you Scotso.

I agree that this man should not be tossing every heterosexual out of his bar, or every lesbian for that matter, and I hope those comments from him came out of frustration and do not reflect what he will really do from now on. I personally love gay bars, I have had some of the most fun nights of my life at some, and I swear the drinks are always better.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 AM   #32
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't turn this thread into personal battle. Thank you!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 AM   #33
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
The "they" you used is exactly why we need separate establishments in the first place.
they as in media, never assume.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 AM   #34
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
they as in media, never assume.
That is not what you ment! You ment 'they' as in the gay communitiy

Whilst i disagree with the club owner discriminating on grounds of sexuality (because thats exactly what he's doing) - its not just against heterosexuals but also lesbians and anyone else whom he deems a threat - so infact the thread title is not correct and in my view only started to cause resentment - and judging by some of the posts in here it succeded.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:20 AM   #35
justine&coria

justine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond reputejustine&coria has a reputation beyond repute

In a perfect world, gay people wouldn't need to do that, but we're not in a perfect world. Let me explain :

How many times have you ever seen 2 guys kissing each other, holding each other's hands on the street, in a "normal" bar or in a hotel ?

Or have you ever seen a gay couple in ice-skating at the Olympics ?

I think banning heterosexuals from this hotel is a bad thing (and I don't understand why lesbians are banned too), but, in the world we live in, gay people need places of their own where they're "free".
justine&coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #36
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
That is not what you ment! You ment 'they' as in the gay communitiy

welcome to MTF, people telling you what you think.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #37
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
welcome to MTF, people telling you what you think.
it is obvious you ment that nnice try in trying to get out of it though
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #38
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

The only girls who hang out with gay guys or go to gay bars are the insecure ones.

Believe it or not I don't have a problem at all with gay guys. I don't agree with gay marriage, I don't agree with gay parenting but like I said, I have never and will never treat a gay guy any different than I would someone else.

However, when we talk about minorities, don't include Jews, Blacks, Whites, Browns, Purples, Greens and Yellows in the same category as gay people. It's an entirely different story because gay people choose their lifestyle and have their own preferences. You do not chose what colour your skin is at birth so it's totally different.

Anyways...I know some of you don't believe me but I don't care. I can make fun of gay people and it doesn't mean im homophobic and its nothing like being racist or sexist for that matter. Two different ballgames.
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #39
safin-rules-no.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
The only girls who hang out with gay guys or go to gay bars are the insecure ones.

Believe it or not I don't have a problem at all with gay guys. I don't agree with gay marriage, I don't agree with gay parenting but like I said, I have never and will never treat a gay guy any different than I would someone else.

However, when we talk about minorities, don't include Jews, Blacks, Whites, Browns, Purples, Greens and Yellows in the same category as gay people. It's an entirely different story because gay people choose their lifestyle and have their own preferences. You do not chose what colour your skin is at birth so it's totally different.

Anyways...I know some of you don't believe me but I don't care. I can make fun of gay people and it doesn't mean im homophobic and its nothing like being racist or sexist for that matter. Two different ballgames.

if you make fun of people it normally means you dont like them
And if you didnt have a problem with gay people whats wrong with gay marriage or parenting??????

majorly moronistic post - despite its marginally good intentions
Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 PM   #40
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if you make fun of people it normally means you dont like them
And if you didnt have a problem with gay people whats wrong with gay marriage or parenting??????

majorly moronistic post - despite its marginally good intentions

There is a big difference between being gay, living the gay lifestyle, doing gay things and gay marriage/parenting.

It's just not right for a child to be brought up with two dads while everyone else has a mom and a dad or one or the other. It's just a bit messed up and I would love to hear how some kids turnout when they get older. They will always be subject to criticism and harassment at school and so on.

If I make fun of someone, it definitely does not mean I don't like them. I make fun of everyone, that's the way I am, I like to have fun. I make gay jokes all the time, call people gay...whatever...doesn't mean I have anything against gay people whatsoever. As for gay marriage...well its more that im against any church that endorses gay marriage...that doesn't belong in any church. It was Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve or Eve and Julia. Get my drift?

Can I ask why gay people need to get married if its not for religious purposes? Is it to claim their partner as theirs and theirs only?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:06 PM   #41
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I advise you to do some reading up on modern biological/medical insights on this matter. Being gay is, unlike some activists thought way back in the 60's-70's of the 20th century, NOT AT ALL a free choice.
Many of them struggle with being gay, sometimes during their entire lives (think of religiously oppressed groups, for instance).
You truly think that's a 'free choice' they made?

I want to make clear that I do know that there are people adopting a 'gay lifestyle' for whatever reason - they're bisexual, think it's 'cool' or whatever - but when one is BORN gay, that's how you are. No choice whatsoever.

And now I'm out of here, because I don't want to end up somewhere in the mudslinging contest that this thread may well turn into.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM   #42
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can I ask why gay people need to get married if its not for religious purposes? Is it to claim their partner as theirs and theirs only?
Might it not well be for EXACTLY the SAME reasons heterosexuals get married?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #43
safin-rules-no.1

Quote:
There is a big difference between being gay, living the gay lifestyle, doing gay things and gay marriage/parenting.

It's just not right for a child to be brought up with two dads while everyone else has a mom and a dad or one or the other. It's just a bit messed up and I would love to hear how some kids turnout when they get older. They will always be subject to criticism and harassment at school and so on.

If I make fun of someone, it definitely does not mean I don't like them. I make fun of everyone, that's the way I am, I like to have fun. I make gay jokes all the time, call people gay...whatever...doesn't mean I have anything against gay people whatsoever. As for gay marriage...well its more that im against any church that endorses gay marriage...that doesn't belong in any church. It was Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve or Eve and Julia. Get my drift?

please stop - it's getting more and more pathetic if you have nothing against gay people you wouldnt be writing this. And calling gay parenting messed up is just ignorance again - no evidence suggests that i have read states that the children experince any difference in love or attention.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #44
safin-rules-no.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
Might it not well be for EXACTLY the SAME reasons heterosexuals get married?
i guess love for gay people isn't as valued by mistaflava
Old 05-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #45
country flag Mistaflava

Quote:
please stop - it's getting more and more pathetic if you have nothing against gay people you wouldnt be writing this. And calling gay parenting messed up is just ignorance again - no evidence suggests that i have read states that the children experince any difference in love or attention.

thats because it hasn't been around long enough for accurate results...