Heterosexual discrimination - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
country flag Paul Banks

Paul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heterosexual discrimination

Even if I'm gay myself, I'm really getting sick of homosexuals separating themselves from the rest of society. Gay Olympic games, gay hotel, gay parade, gay this, gay that, when is it going to stop? You're gay, get over it, don't make your life revolves around that.

Gay Aussie hotel wins right to ban heterosexuals, lesbians
by Justine Pellegrino Mon May 28, 5:26 AM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - An Australian hotel popular with gay men has won the right to refuse entry to heterosexuals and lesbians, officials and the owner said Monday.

The Peel Hotel in Melbourne won an exemption from the Equal Opportunity Act to prevent insults and abuse directed toward gays in its bars and nightclubs, owner Tom McFeely told AFP.

"The hotel predominantly markets itself towards homosexual males, towards gay men and we want to protect the integrity of the venue as well as continue to make the men feel comfortable," McFeely said.

"When large numbers of heterosexuals or even lesbians are in the hotel that changes the atmosphere and many gay men can feel uncomfortable."
The landmark decision by a civil tribunal gives the establishment -- which does not offer accommodation -- the right to refuse entry to people considered a threat to the safety and comfort of its patrons.

Helen Szoke, the chief executive of the Victoria state government's Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, said the Peel Hotel's gay clientele had experienced harassment, hostility and violence.

"(They) also have felt as though they've been like a zoo exhibit with big groups of women on hens' parties coming to the club," she said.
McFeely said his aim was not to ban all straight patrons and lesbians but to limit their numbers so gay men could freely express their sexuality.
He said he expected a backlash from other patrons, but added: "I'm not worried about it because to be frank I don't really care what heterosexuals or lesbians think.

"My main motivation is to protect my gay male customers and I realise heterosexuals and lesbians may be upset. but I don't care about that.
"We are open at 8.00pm and we go all the way through till the morning. We have two dancefloors -- it is a nightclub environment."
McFeely said it would be easy to sort out desirable gays from undesirable straights and lesbians.

"It is particularly easy to implement with the females 'cause that is pretty obvious.

"With the heterosexual males, if they identify themselves as that at the door, or indeed we question their behaviour in the venue and if they come across as being heterosexual, then we will simply ask them to leave if the behaviour is unappropriate."

Human rights group Liberty Victoria supported the decision, vice-president Michael Pearce said.

"There are numerous places where heterosexual people can go," he said.
"I think what (the tribunal) has said is that there aren't that many places where gay people can go and meet without the risk of being harassed or vilified, and that they are entitled to have their own spaces to do that in."
Paul Banks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Yeah, I agree with what you say....

However, gay's and lesbians better be ready to endure even more discrimination if all type of social events are mingled...

In a way it's not so bad that gays have there own culture and all, but at the other side of the coin, its almost like they are considered seperate from the general population.

Its really a complicated subject.
I'm gonna get me a motor car Maybe a Jaguar Maybe a plane or day of fame I'm gonna be a millionaire So can you take me there? Wanna be wild 'cos my life's so tame Here am I, going nowhere on a train Here am I, growing older in the rain
- "Going Nowhere" Oasis
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
country flag Paul Banks

Paul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post
However, gay's and lesbians better be ready to endure even more discrimination if all type of social events are mingled...
Yeah, but it's possible to have social events, like a gay pride parade, without segregating yourself from society like a gay bar that bans heterosexuals. And really, the idea of a gay Olympic game is stupid. This is just too much.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, gay olimpics are...weird, to say the least...
I'm gonna get me a motor car Maybe a Jaguar Maybe a plane or day of fame I'm gonna be a millionaire So can you take me there? Wanna be wild 'cos my life's so tame Here am I, going nowhere on a train Here am I, growing older in the rain
- "Going Nowhere" Oasis
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

so paraolymics cancelled too then?
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

they would be starting a war if there was a heterosexual hotel only.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
they would be starting a war if there was a heterosexual hotel only.
Exactly. It is just as wrong for homsexuals to discriminate against heterosexuals as the reverse.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Banks View Post
Even if I'm gay myself, I'm really getting sick of homosexuals separating themselves from the rest of society. Gay Olympic games, gay hotel, gay parade, gay this, gay that, when is it going to stop?
both these thing celebrate difference! I sincerely doubt you would have posted that if it was an article on etnicity

Quote:
You're gay, get over it, don't make your life revolves around that.
thanks for the tip Oprah Winfrey. next time someone calls me a dirty faggot i'll just get over it then
Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

I think the best way to ban heterosexual people and lesbians from these kind of hotels is to have as the hotel's service naked muscled men...you know...
Only gay men would appreciate that kind of service

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
country flag Paul Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
both these thing celebrate difference! I sincerely doubt you would have posted that if it was an article on etnicity
Hum, if a bar would ban white people, I sure would have posted it.

A gay olympic game doesn't "celebrate difference", it's stupid.

Quote:
thanks for the tip Oprah Winfrey. next time someone calls me a dirty faggot i'll just get over it then
Well, sure you should. Or are you gonna cry on mommy shoulder for 2 years?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Quote:

oh thank God thats been cleared up - for a moment there my ignorance on the subject was getting to me
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, sure you should. Or are you gonna cry on mommy shoulder for 2 years?
oh...don't you think it's great having two versions of everything??
Gay bosses, gay taxi drivers, gay cuisine, gay hotels, gay pets, gay tv....etc, etc, etc..... Love them!!!

Gato Gaudio
Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #13
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon View Post
oh...don't you think it's great having two versions of everything??
Gay bosses, gay taxi drivers, gay cuisine, gay hotels, gay pets, gay tv....etc, etc, etc..... Love them!!!
If they ever launch the Gay Roland Garros....count me in!!!!!

Gato Gaudio
Old 05-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
country flag Paul Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
oh thank God thats been cleared up - for a moment there my ignorance on the subject was getting to me
Good.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #15
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon View Post
If they ever launch the Gay Roland Garros....count me in!!!!!
me too

also Tursunov, Safin and Nadal