the French Closed thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #46
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the French Closed thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
Rafaaaa Roger winning the tourney would have totally ruined my day. Rafa played a very solid match and Roger...well Roger had his moments of brillance indeed but imo clay is not for him and his play
Rafa ruined my day.
He also did his usual attempts to ruin the match by taking a minute between points
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #47
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
I saw the same moment, and I thought about that...I mean, he was just kidding at a certain level, intentionally generalizing for effect. BUT i think there was a cummulative thing that did happen, and I think I know which were the Big Three because I saw all of these matches I am going to mention, and I felt like I had been physically bruised from within after they were over:

1. 2004 french final - could write that off as a real tragedy of circumstance at a certain level, because you can always get cramps, and that does happen, and it was crippling. But then came the...
2. 2005 rome final - here is another one that he won, basically, and the crowd roused the opponent, and he paniced and got a little tentative and let the player back in. It was the 2nd "king of clay" encounters he lost -- the one at the french where he was on the winning streak and was just a king of clay, and then rafa being the challenger to that claim, and having outplayed him but then let it go... which shook him up a bit & double faults began to appear, and so he got the good draw to reach the final at the french again and then fell to davydenko in 4 sets hurt him...until finally...
3. 2005 US Open QF - and this time, I was in the stands....all that fighting to get to his first hardcourt GS semi, and he doublefaults BOTH POINTS at deuce to lose to a guy he....just was so so so much better than. I left the stands and felt like someone had put a torch to my skeletal frame. It was such a painful way to lose.

So it wasnt losing the three matches but how they were lost (You will remember 'Willie'--who used to be in this forum all the time--basically bailed on Guille after this match...and he said exactly that, it was "how he lost the match"...)

Coria is such a steely fighter. If there is doubt that creeps in to the center, that when you finally get to the finish line, you choke... you dont even lose but beat yourself... I think it can really shake your will and create a fear of your own ... i dont know, of your own flaws...or perceived flaws. In any case, I would bet those 3 are the ones he needs to come to terms with. I've come to terms with them.

in fact, as i write this, 'grease' is on....and olivia newton-john is singing "hopelessly devoted to you" HEAR THAT GUILLE??? and we will ride off into the sunset with that hot black car, waving to the crowd with a happy ending...
And I'm so happy to have been at work while that #3 match was on.
As for that Davydenko match, Guille totally wasn't there the whole tournament. He'd been talking about winning Wimbledon (to trick himself into believing that RG wasn't important to him) and, IMO, was lost out there. He would've lost earlier had Djokovic not retired.
It's good that you've come to terms with these loses. The only one I've gotten over is RG. I'm still angry about Rome (for numerous reasons), and I don't know what to think about that USO qf. I believe Guille has the will to move past those moments
Indeed, we are hopelessly devoted to him. I don't know if you frequent TT or not, but there are some folks over there thinking about abandoning Roger just because he keeps losing to Nadal on clay "Ridiculous."

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life
Rafa ruined my day.
He also did his usual attempts to ruin the match by taking a minute between points
When Roger was ahead in a point, Rafa went to the towel, took his time getting a couple of balls, kicked the clay off the baseline, pulled his socks up, adjusted his undies, bounced the ball at least 7 times, and served. This is the way Rafa beats Roger. It's not cheating, it's a ritual he uses in order to stay grounded/focused and not let his nerves get the best of him. IMO, Roger needs to try it out. I don't mean exceed the time limit, but find some ritual of his own. Guille never had one and I pointed that out years ago. Rafa's rituals keep him in the moment and keeps his focus where it needs to be. I think more players should take a hint, especially with all the ATP chokes becoming an epidemic these days.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #48
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree.
Rafa's rituals have very little to do with his wins against Feds.
You sound to me you are supporting Feds rather than Nad? Why?

What can you say then about Djokovic's preparation for the serve. He is bouncing the ball over 14-15 times?
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #49
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, I can't support Feds? You can go read my other post about how Rafa stuck to his game plan regardless of what Federer did and how it paid off for him

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #50
country flag rubsch

rubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond repute

Federer lost, Nadal didn't win. That may sound a bit strange but remember 10 breakpoints in the first set and he didn't win any of them! He also hat several breakpoints in the third set winning just one of them he would have made it to a 2:1 set lead. And he would have hold a 2:0 set lead if he had won just one out of 10. With a 2:1 or 2:0 set lead he would have won the title. So he ruined his chances to win that match in his head...
So sad but true Fed wasn't able to controle his head and I also think that he was a bit tired after that match against davydenko...

@Foxy
I am a Fedsupporter also known as Fedtard Problem with that?
And I prefer Fed to Nadal in cause to many reasons
-his style to play tennis is way more elegant and classy
-he doesn't groan on coart
-he plays a wonderful one handed backhand
-he has a very variable game
-he looks much better
-he is a real gentleman...
I could go on for ages

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #51
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

rubsch, it is Guille's forum not Feds one. You got it wrong.
It is not the place where you can praise your idol. Your guy has a forum too. Please visit it.
I also can list the reasons why i prefer NAD over Fed but it is not polite as it is Guille's forum.
After all I am a true Guille fan.

Sorry for the offtopic.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #52
country flag rubsch

rubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
rubsch, it is Guille's forum not Feds one. You got it wrong.
It is not the place where you can praise your idol. Your guy has a forum too. Please visit it.
I also can list the reasons why i prefer NAD over Fed but it is not polite as it is Guille's forum.
After all I am a true Guille fan.

Sorry for the offtopic.
So I am not a true Guille fan because I praise Federer? And I am doing that in Guilles forum, oh my goodness! Just for you to remember: this thread was opened to discuss the French Open and I think I am right when I say there isn't anything we could discuss about Guille in a 2007 French Open thread...
And just for you buddy!
Don't take everything too serious! Guille wouldn't do that either!
So let us be friends again together as Guille tards

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #53
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

Good work Rafa Congratulations for the hat-trick
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #54
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

let us re-open the closed french thread...if only for a moment.

I was researching something totally off-topic to this 2004 french final, but sure enough, here was this article. AMAZING pre-cognition on Guille's part here, just a week before the 04 french begins...

"This is the first time I feel coming into a Grand Slam tournament that I'm prepared to win it," Coria said last week. "But I need to use this feeling in a positive way, because if I put too much pressure on myself and think about the end result, it's dangerous.

"The key is to be relaxed, like any other tournament, even though we all know it's not another tournament."

INDEED!!!! BUt just in general, its a great informative article, and reminds one just HOW MUCH pressure there was on that match for "THE" argentine to win & save the country from all its woes! http://www.iht.com/articles/2004/05/...ld_ed3__83.php

enjoy...

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote