Like Sands Through the Hourglass, This is the Life of the Roddicks (Brooke's fanclub) - Page 106 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #1576
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Like Sands Through the Hourglass, This is the Life of the Roddicks (Brooke's fanc

Congrats to Brooklyn! I had a feeling she would get it seeing how she's been doing the swimsuit issue for the mag since 2006. She's paid her dues!

And I like that yellow bikini. She probably looks better in it than I'll ever will though.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #1577
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Like Sands Through the Hourglass, This is the Life of the Roddicks (Brooke's fanc

Awww congrats Brooklyn, how exciting for her.
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #1578
country flag juliehardwick

juliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond repute

As I just said, I usually lurk here but I enjoy all your appreication and frustration.

I have to say though:
a) I think Ms Roddick looks terrible in that photo - what is with her hair color. Really poor color job.
b) My husband (we live in Austin) just noted he'd be totally fine if I looked like her (sigh..) but who wants their WIFE putting it out like that.
c) Like the first poster who commented on this yesterday, I'm wondering if their marriage will survive this. The ind of preoccupations, activities, commitment to maintaining "celebrity" profile etc involved don't seem to mesh very well with either Andy's line of work or his personality. I fear an Agassi and Shields path (hopefully without the crystal meth...)
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #1579
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read or seen anything Andy has said about it? I really dont think he has a problem with it...

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #1580
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don't see what the big deal about her being on the cover is (but then again I don't get why a sports magazine has a bikini issue anyway! it must be an American thing ) but if she's happy with it (which she certainly seems to be!) then good for her.

As someone who really knows nothing about how it works/the covergirl gets chosen, I did have a feeling it would be Brooke now that she's married to a famous sports star, it just seemed obvious. but maybe that's just the cynic in me!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #1581
country flag juliehardwick

juliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond repute

No and he tweeted a cheerful thing about it yesterday. But I think going forward this take off of her career in this particular direction is going to pose some challenges n various levels. And one thing I worried about from the start with her (as we're big Austin Andy fans as I said) was that she's very young - got a lot of growing up to do. And that's not a criticism of her but just a fact. If we sampled swimsuit model types who get married at that age to see the average length of their marriages, we'd see a strong correlation with not very long lived, "starter marriage" patterns. We're hoping for the best...
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #1582
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover View Post
I personally don't see what the big deal about her being on the cover is (but then again I don't get why a sports magazine has a bikini issue anyway! it must be an American thing ) but if she's happy with it (which she certainly seems to be!) then good for her.

As someone who really knows nothing about how it works/the covergirl gets chosen, I did have a feeling it would be Brooke now that she's married to a famous sports star, it just seemed obvious. but maybe that's just the cynic in me!
It was pretty obvious or months that it'd be her just b/c of all the buzz, I agree... I don't quite get it either, but the SI swimsuit cover has catapulted a lot of models into clear supermodel status... tyra, heidi, etc got their big start on the SI cover... so, that's why she's so excited, her career has probably permanently changed forever.

And let's be real here people, Andy picked her out of the SI swimsuit issue a few years ago. To suggest he's not ok with her showing her stuff or that he'd be jealous of other guys looking at her or whatever is kind of absurd. he got into this knowing full well what she does for a living like I said, there's no guarantee a marriage is going to last forever or whatever, but I can't imagine their marriage ending because of a magazine cover.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #1583
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
And let's be real here people, Andy picked her out of the SI swimsuit issue a few years ago.

Sorry, no way to make that not sound skeevy.
I think she said as much.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #1584
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Slow tennis newsday if Brooklyn's on the front pages.

She'll be a guest on David Letterman tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yahoobrooke.jpg (174.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg nbcbrooke.jpg (177.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg tennisxbrooke.jpg (225.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg foxbrooke.jpg (196.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg tenniscombrooke.jpg (209.1 KB, 23 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #1585
country flag Heather1229

Heather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond repute

So cute! Normally I don't care about "celebrity couples" but I just love them!

Andy:
getting ready for 1st round tip off at SAP open here in san jose and googling stories and tv clips of @brooklynddecker ha ha...

Brooke:
Thanks!!! @andyroddick He's the best person in the world.
Heather1229 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #1586
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
It was pretty obvious or months that it'd be her just b/c of all the buzz, I agree... I don't quite get it either, but the SI swimsuit cover has catapulted a lot of models into clear supermodel status... tyra, heidi, etc got their big start on the SI cover... so, that's why she's so excited, her career has probably permanently changed forever.

And let's be real here people, Andy picked her out of the SI swimsuit issue a few years ago. To suggest he's not ok with her showing her stuff or that he'd be jealous of other guys looking at her or whatever is kind of absurd. he got into this knowing full well what she does for a living like I said, there's no guarantee a marriage is going to last forever or whatever, but I can't imagine their marriage ending because of a magazine cover.
Andy did not see her in a magazine the 1st time, it was on her football show. So he saw and heard her talk before seeing her in a bikini. This story is all wrong. They both explained how it started on Mrbobbybones show recently.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY

Last edited by andymo : 02-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.
andymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #1587
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

As many people have said here, sometimes Brooke seems like the female version of Andy. They seem to be very compatible and similar in good ways. She's not jealous of his career taking him all over the world and he's not jealous of hers. So far it seems that they have done a very good job of managing their schedules so that they are never apart for too long and they regularly attend each other's functions. And when they are not out and about, they are perfectly content to stay home and have game nights with other couples (which they both post about on twitter). They cannot even be compared to Andre and Brooke on any level.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8

Last edited by Fee : 02-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #1588
country flag fangirl

fangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond reputefangirl has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, she looks hot on that cover. GET IT BROOKLYN .
fangirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #1589
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

Brooke on Letterman

on Ellen

rest of the interview here:
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/02/...ecker_0212.php

and on Kimmel

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #1590
country flag Deboogle!.

Brooke's about to start shooting a movie with Adam Sandler and Jen Aniston! Congrats!
http://bit.ly/cfjsJF