The earth is 6000 y. old - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
country flag Paul Banks

Paul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond repute
Wink The earth is 6000 y. old

Humans and dinosaurs co-existed. According to the Creation Museum opening soon:

http://studentweb.eku.edu/zachary_ly...eum/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...onmuseum_N.htm

Creation Museum juxtaposes dinosaurs, Noah's Ark

By Dylan T. Lovan, Associated Press
PETERSBURG, Ky. — Adam and Eve fall from grace and Noah survives an epic flood at a new museum that tells the Bible's version of history on a theme-park scale.
But the scene near the front lobby might stop a puzzled paleontologist in his tracks: a pair of ancient children frolic just a few feet away from a group of friendly dinosaurs.

That exhibit, among others, has earned the Creation Museum notoriety among skeptics and anticipation from believers who are expected to pack its halls when it opens on Memorial Day.

"We wanted to show people there's no mystery with dinosaurs, we can explain them," said Ken Ham, founder of the non-profit ministry Answers in Genesis that built the $27 million facility near Cincinnati.

Scientists say there's a gulf of millions of years between man and the giant lizards, but according to the Creation Museum, they lived in harmony just a few thousand years ago. It's part of the literal interpretation of the Bible adopted by Ham and other creationists.

"People are just fascinated by dinosaurs, but they've sort of become synonymous with millions of years and evolution," he said.

Evolution is derided at the 60,000-square-foot facility, which has animatronic dinos, a huge wooden ark and high-tech exhibits designed by an acclaimed theme-park artist. In this Old Testament version of history, dinosaurs appeared on the same day God created other land animals.

The museum also contains fossils, hung in large glass cases in a room visitors spill into after taking a tour of Old Testament history. Ham said most fossils were created by the massive flood detailed in the book of Genesis.

"The Bible doesn't talk about fossils, but it gives you a basis for understanding why there are fossils around the world," he said.

Ham said the stories of the Bible are supported by science, a notion that has drawn the ire of science educators around the country.

"They make such a point of trying to make it appear scientific," said Lawrence Krauss, a physics professor, author and critic of the museum. "Instead of shying away from those things that clearly disprove what they're trying to say, they use those things for deception."

Krauss, a professor at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, said the exhibits rival those of a "very fancy natural history museum," making them enticing to young visitors.

Fancy might best describe the facility's multimedia rooms, where no expense is spared. After a stop at its digital planetarium, museum guides steer visitors into a 200-seat special-effects theater with seats that quiver as the sound system rumbles. Up on the screen, two angelic characters proclaim to the audience that "God loves science!"

But the creation story found in Genesis is the centerpiece of the museum. Patrons walk through a lush recreation of the Garden of Eden, see life-sized models of Adam and Eve frolic and then get banished. Then it's on to the era of the Great Flood, where animatronic workers are busy building Noah's giant ark, which rises two or three stories inside the museum.

Ham enlisted Patrick Marsh, designer of the animatronic "Jaws" monster at Universal Studios in Florida, to oversee the exhibits. When fully staffed, the building will house about 160 museum workers, along with an additional 140 employees at the Answers in Genesis headquarters attached to the Creation Museum.

Ham started the ministry in his native Australia, and came to northern Kentucky in the early 1990s with the idea of building a museum that could stand as a beachhead for creationist study.

He had plenty of supporters, who helped fund the museum, allowing it to open free of debt. Ham said the museum received three gifts topping $1 million.

"Christians across this nation see this place as a rallying point," he said. They "recognize that we live in a culture that no longer believes the Bible is true."
Paul Banks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #2
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The earth is 6000 y. old

Can't wait for the "Noah guding T. Rex to the arc" scene

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

jesus christ (no pun intended). MTF is becoming worse than fox news. Impossible. But True.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
country flag Paul Banks

Paul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond reputePaul Banks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post
jesus christ (no pun intended). MTF is becoming worse than fox news. Impossible. But True.
Paul Banks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:36 AM   #5
country flag jeahhh!
Madness is genius

Location: Back with the sisterhood, joining forces for the AO
jeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
Can't wait for the "Noah guding T. Rex to the arc" scene
That gives me a great mental image.
jeahhh! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #6
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

Forget science we totally partied with dinosaurs and giant bugs. That massive shark thing that was blue whale sized to. That must have been a bitch to deal with.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
country flag abhinav_shaan

abhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond reputeabhinav_shaan has a reputation beyond repute

GOD.. usually i wudnt pass judgement on something without actually examining it in detail..
but this is just stupid..
i seriously believe science and religion can co-exist and there is no need to clash..
this is just a crazy attempt to dis-credit science.. only hard core believers can think that earth is only 6000
yrs old.. and for such people i wonder why shud attacking science matter .. if their faith is strong enuff why attack
science
Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #8
country flag trixtah

trixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post
they are one and the same along with CNN
trixtah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote