Next tournament : Rome - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2004, 07:57 AM   #1
country flag Gaga

Gaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Next tournament : Rome

Lleyton's next tournament is Rome, next week, do you think that it has a luck to take away the tournament? :-)

My web sites :

http://Karolina-Sprem.fr.tc
http://Worldtennisplayers.xdir.org
http://clijstershewitt.fr.tc

And a web site of Lleyton in preparation !

Go to : Mashona Washington - Lleyton Hewitt - Jelena Jankovic - Marat Safin - Karolina Sprem - André Agassi - Anastasia Myskina
Gaga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #2
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next tournament : Rome

Well let's hope he can win! But on the positive side, it's all just points and practice from here till RG - he literally had nothing to lose.

Good luck Lleyton. Remember Davis Cup in Brazil ... you CAN play on clay.
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
country flag SomL.

SomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lleyton in Rome 2004. Come on Lleyton ^_^
SomL. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:12 PM   #4
country flag Gaga

Gaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond reputeGaga has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right numer1kim !

Good luck Lley! One is all with you!
;-)

My web sites :

Go to : Mashona Washington - Lleyton Hewitt - Jelena Jankovic - Marat Safin - Karolina Sprem - André Agassi - Anastasia Myskina
Old 04-29-2004, 07:42 PM   #5
kit

kit will become famous soon enoughkit will become famous soon enough

Come on Lleyts!!!

Wheter she would prefer to see Lleyton or herself in the Wimbledon final,she was asked last year."Lleyton,because I don't like to see him unhappy."(Kim)
kit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:45 AM   #6
Danni

Danni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond reputeDanni has a reputation beyond repute

good luck lleyton!!!~~
Danni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:27 AM   #7
country flag kim4eva

kim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to Lleyton
We all know he can do it
kim4eva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #8
country flag Gaga

Yes but it is on hard-packed surface and one knows all that Lleyton on the hard-packed surface ca makes not specialement check menage! lol ! sorry for my english

My web sites :

Old 05-02-2004, 06:19 AM   #9
country flag NOMAD

NOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt avoids tragic hotel fire

Lleyton Hewitt was due to arrive at the five-star Parco dei Principi in Rome just hours after fire ripped through the luxury hotel, killing three people and forcing the evacuation of many of the world's best tennis players.

The blaze started about 5am on Saturday (local time).

ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Roddick helped guests out of harm's way. Thailand's Paradorn Scrichaphan received an urgent phone call from his father, who was staying on a different floor, telling him to get outside. Marat Safin's equipment was destroyed. Dutchman Sjeng Schalken had to be plucked from the roof by a firefighters' crane.

An American man attempted to escape his fifth-floor room by jumping off his balcony using a rope made of bed sheets. He fell to his death.

Hewitt had been expected to book into the hotel later that day, the manager of the Parco dei Principi told AAP. Instead, Australia's former world No.1 and other players were directed towards the nearby Sheraton.

The hotel manager said Hewitt's Davis Cup teammate Mark Philippoussis had not been booked in at the Parco dei Principi. Hewitt and Philippoussis are in Rome for the Italian Open, which starts on Monday.

Two Canadian guests also died, but Association of Tennis Professionals spokesman Nicola Arzani told AP that no players were hurt.

She said several of the "really scared" players were evacuated and stood outside for several hours until they were taken to the nearby Austrian Embassy. Max Mirnyi was wrapped in a blanket, wearing only a pair of shorts. The players were allowed back to the hotel to retrieve belongings.

"Roddick helped people onto the roof," said Arzani.

"Several of the players had a real fright. I talked to a few of them this morning and I know that Safin, his trainer and his girlfriend were quite shaken up. A lot of people lost equipment. Safin lost a lot, he couldn't practice."

Schrichaphan's father and coach, Chanachai, left his room so quickly he left behind his luggage and passport, which were destroyed.

"I was awakened by noises but didn't bother about it until I smelt smoke in my room," he told Thailand's The Nation newspaper.

"When I opened the door, I saw fire, so I grabbed a towel to cover my mouth and rushed to the lobby.

"Paradorn was sleeping when I called him to get downstairs."

The Canadian couple died from asphyxiation, investigators said. The deceased 58-year-old American man's wife reportedly used the emergency staircase and escaped unharmed.

A minute's silence for the three victims was held before qualifying matches began.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:58 AM   #10
country flag kim4eva

kim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond reputekim4eva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article
I'm glad Lleyton wasn't checked in the hotel yet- but I can imagine Kim being really worried about him
kim4eva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #11
country flag Gaga

It is really sad what it is past.

My web sites :

Old 05-02-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
country flag Jess

Jess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond reputeJess has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's awful about the fire Sounds like Andy was pretty brave going in there like that and helping everyone. It's just terrible about the people who died.
Jess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #13
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I think that American man really paniced. His wife got out fine.

So sad about the Canadian couple that perished from smoke inhalation.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #14
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

I was in a hotel fire, and it's easy to get separated from a friend or spouse if there's smoke in the hallway, because you can't see very far at all. The fire was on the floor I was on, and the fire alarms (along with recorded announcements), emergency strobe lights, and sprinklers all went off at once. It was very scary to wake up in the middle of the night to all that! We all got out OK, and the sprinklers put out the fire, but believe me, it was upsetting. Now, when I go to a hotel, I always check the fire evacuation route in advance.
Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #15
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got out!

Yes, something like that would make you check.

What I don't understand is that an employee went to the room and saw flames from under the desk in the room. You would think that he would have grabbed a fire extinguisher right then. I don't quite understand how the fire got so out of hand and that the guests weren't roused immediately. I saw the pictures of that hotel and there are heavy draperies in the rooms. Perhaps they caught fire. Still, it is confusing that the guests didn't seem to get any alarms in their rooms but were only wakened by the smoke.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote