Redesign Comments, what do you think? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #61
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redesign Comments, what do you think?

Pro- It looks nice!
Cons- It's smaller, more crammed in and takes longer to load on slow connections.

I love the way it looks though, and if I was on a fast connection I'd use it, but I'm not and I find it to be heavier on graphics, and therefore also taking longer to load. How do I change back to the old one?

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #62
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
second this. I couldnt find it. However I changed back to blue.
The new posts / today's posts options appear in the Quick Links navigation panel towards the right.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #63
country flag Tennis-Engineer

Tennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Engineer has a reputation beyond repute

I returned to old skin !
Tennis-Engineer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #64
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

I switched to the new skin on wtaw and I did the same here, I like it.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #65
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

belco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
To add to these two posts, I think it would be good if the TMS banner was at least switched with the dark blue Welcome/PM box so that that little box could be higher up at the right of the page. It doesn't make much sense for a box welcoming you to the page to be below the visible window and force people to have to scroll to see it. Plus PMs are so prevalent here that it would be very helpful for everyone to be able to see their PMs status right at the top of every page without having to scroll a lot.
RE: PM's

u can change it so when u recieve a PM a little box opens up and asks u if u want to read it and if u select yes or ok it asks u in same window or new window..

To do it go to USER CP and EDIT OPTIONS or http://www.menstennisforums.com/prof...do=editoptions

"If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message."

Tick the box - Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

i love this option have it on at wtaworld too
belco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #66
country flag embellish

embellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond repute

I think its fine but like others I found it a bit squashed with the ads down the side so have switched to the old one!

Boris Johnson
embellish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #67
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

I made my feelings about this clear on wtaw, and I feel the same here. The redesign is fine (cos I can change back to the original), the stuff that comes with it (especially PM limtiations) sucks
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #68
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Love it

At last I get rid of the ugly, ugly bright blue that hurt my eyes quite a bit.

This one is much easier on the eyes and easier to read with it's contrasting shades. Only down side is the ads down the side of the page.. but I suppose that is better than having pop-up ads.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #69
country flag Conita

Conita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond repute

i havnt decided yet if i like or not
i'm still finding some buttons.
the only thing that annoys me is that it feels like it had shrunk
so i feel like giant on the site everything is comptact :P
but with time i guess it will be ok
Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #70
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belco View Post

u can change it so when u recieve a PM a little box opens up and asks u if u want to read it and if u select yes or ok it asks u in same window or new window..

To do it go to USER CP and EDIT OPTIONS or http://www.menstennisforums.com/prof...do=editoptions

"If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message."

Well yea, I've always used it, but I find it doesn't quite always work. I also just think it's silly in principle to have a long ad banner ABOVE a little box that contains important information for a lot of people. I think it would still be fair to have it like this: the gray box with Quick Links on the top, the Welcome, Member/PMs dark blue box, the WTAworld button/link, then the banner ad. People would still see it plenty (for my resolution it would still appear in the top view window even).

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #71
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

belco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
but I suppose that is better than having pop-up ads.
or the ads that say HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when the mouse pointer is moved over them
Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #72
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if it was mentioned but i just noticed that there are not member's birthdays on home page

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #73
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Sorry if it was mentioned but i just noticed that there are not member's birthdays on home page
i wonder why u just noticed??

happy birthday again
Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #74
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
To add to these two posts, I think it would be good if the TMS banner was at least switched with the dark blue Welcome/PM box so that that little box could be higher up at the right of the page. It doesn't make much sense for a box welcoming you to the page to be below the visible window and force people to have to scroll to see it. Plus PMs are so prevalent here that it would be very helpful for everyone to be able to see their PMs status right at the top of every page without having to scroll a lot.
me four here.

Quote:

The problem is, I don't like the pop-up
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #75
country flag Regenbogen

Regenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond repute

I only just found the welcome box.

Quote:
or the ads that say HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when the mouse pointer is moved over them
Those things are frightening.
Regenbogen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote