Federer's ranking discussion - Page 99 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #1471
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's ranking discussion

GOD Please Bless Roger play his best tennis tmr!!!Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #1472
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal & Djokovic ranking points (updated after TMS Romel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
is there any more purpose to keep this thread in the sticky... now that federer has dropped out of top 3... and looking likely to remain this way for the entire year... and he don't look likely to be able to contend for #1 in the foreseeable future...? suggest to unstick this until the day when federer gets to top 2 again... if that day ever comes...

regards,
wacky
i think we can finally TRULY revive this thread and start tracking the ranking points again!!!

where are you blueswan??

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #1473
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here. Will have to think about restarting this thread now I guess. Really happy with this win today.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #1474
country flag avocadoe

avocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond repute

happy!!!!!
avocadoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #1475
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in the Wimbledon thread, Djokovic can take the number 1 back after the Olympics : actually he will even take it if he just does the same result as Fed, if it's at least a quarterfinal (because Fed will replace his 90 points from Doha whereas for Djokovic it will be a completely new result).

BUT after the Olympics, Djokovic will lose many points ... and as you will see below, there's a very big chance that Fed is number 1 during the US Open and until Basel-Bercy ... and that he reaches more than 300 weeks at number 1.

Now as far as the rankings are concerned, what will be important will be the Race for the end-of-year number 1, which would also mean for Fed potentially equalize Sampras's 6 end-of-year number 1s.

At the moment for the end-of-year number 1 Fed, Djokovic and Nadal are nearly equal :
Federer 7085 ahead of Djokovic and Nadal 6840,

which means the best from now on (and especially the winner of the US Open and/or the WTF ) will be number 1 in the end of the year.

Before that, here are the ranking points until Shanghai when you take off the points from last year :

after Wimbledon :
Federer 11075
Djokovic 11000
Nadal 8905

after Canada open (won by Djokovic last year then he would drop 1000 points) :
Federer 10985
Djokovic 10000
Nadal 8895

after Cinci (Djokovic was finalist and will lose 600 points) :
Federer 10805
Djokovic 9400
Nadal 8715

after the US Open (Djokovic will have 2685 points to take back to Fed until then !!) :
Federer 10085
Nadal 7515
Djokovic 7400

after Shanghai :
Federer 10085
Djokovic 7400
Nadal 6995

Last edited by duong : 07-10-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: 7085 and 10085 after Shanghai
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #1476
country flag tealeaves

tealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
TT Singles CH #172
TT Doubles CH #103 - W: Guadalajara 2014; Bergamo, Cherbourg, Poznan 2013 (w/goOudinUSA)

Federer Del Potro Wawrinka Djokovic Berdych Nishikori Pospisil Youzhny Paire Soderling
tealeaves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #1477
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a long climb back up from world number 4, hasn't it? From 4 to 3, then from 3,2,1 very quickly.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #1478
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Un-f*cking-believeable!!! But so fantastic, and so well-deserved after his awesome results of the past eight months or so.

The Return of the King, indeed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #1479
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

I have been a Federer fan for a very long time, but I did not see this coming. :-)
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #1480
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #1481
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

There will be those of us who sensed this rise coming, if not when he won Basel, Paris, WTF, then definitely when he triumphed at Indian Wells and Madrid. His pure form is at a peak-ish level and it's only his return that to me still seems a little sub par compared to his best days. In other words, unless he has mental difficulties then he should also be winning the US Open.

In short, this Slam win isn't at all surprising.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #1482
country flag fluke

fluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond reputefluke has a reputation beyond repute

So happy to see this thread rolling again

Keep it up Maestro!
fluke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #1483
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

That's what can happen when you suddenly remember how to volley.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1484
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Return of the King, right there Folks

Roger
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #1485
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

King Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote