Federer's ranking discussion - Page 98 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #1456
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal & Djokovic ranking points (updated after TMS Romel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
is there any more purpose to keep this thread in the sticky... now that federer has dropped out of top 3... and looking likely to remain this way for the entire year... and he don't look likely to be able to contend for #1 in the foreseeable future...? suggest to unstick this until the day when federer gets to top 2 again... if that day ever comes...

regards,
wacky
I think it's enough to just modify the thread title, something like "Federer ranking points." People might still want to post comments and analysis on his battle to get back to 3rd, or to keep from becoming 5th or whatever situation presents itself. If the OP's not around much anymore, I think we can ask a mod to change it (?)
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #1457
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal & Djokovic ranking points (updated after TMS Romel)

Well - it seems that Roger wants to have another go at it. He's got a furious opening schedule, all the big tournaments, at the start of the year.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #1458
country flag theyoungmc
Banned!

theyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond reputetheyoungmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's ranking discussion

From now on, if he is able to win the same amount of points as Djokovic and Nadal, he'll overtake Rafa after the Rome Masters and Djokovic after the Canada Masters.

Of course, it's a big if.

Nadal has 3400 points to defend until Rome (included) and Federer only 1350. That difference is bigger than his 1705 point deficit to Nadal.
Djokovic has 7720 points to defend until Canada (included) and Federer only 3000. That difference is bigger than his 4600 point deficit to Djoko.

If the three have exactly the same points earned those are the dates where Roger can surpass them.
There's also Andy Murray. With the same point of view, if he has the same results as the other three he would surpass Rafa at Roland Garros (being very close to Federer) and Djoko at the US Open.
theyoungmc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #1459
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! This thread is still around.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #1460
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

*hesitantly posts in thread*

825 points away from #2... intriguing
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #1461
country flag Federer4Everer

Federer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond repute

OK so Fed is now #2 thanks to Nadal. It seems #1 rests almost entirely on whether or not he can stop Djo in the Semis (if they both get there that is)
Federer4Everer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #1462
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #1463
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Just two wins away from world number one. Has to beat Novak and then beat whomever is on the other side.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1464
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

What are the chances of him getting to #1 in the USO in case he loses on Friday?
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #1465
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
What are the chances of him getting to #1 in the USO in case he loses on Friday?
Depends what happens in the WIMfinal, Montreal and Cincy. Djok has a Win and a final there Federer R16 and QF. But I think it will probably come down to outperform Djokovic at the USO.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #1466
country flag Federer4Everer

Federer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond repute

It seems as if he needs to beat Djo at Wimbledon to have a chance, or if that doesn't happen, he probably needs to WIN the USO. I don't think winning the smaller events will do it. Unless Djo has a "Nadal moment" which seems pretty unlikely nowadays
Federer4Everer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #1467
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer4Everer View Post
It seems as if he needs to beat Djo at Wimbledon to have a chance, or if that doesn't happen, he probably needs to WIN the USO. I don't think winning the smaller events will do it. Unless Djo has a "Nadal moment" which seems pretty unlikely nowadays
If Djokovic doesn't win the USO open Federer doesn't have to win it, just match his points in all events after Wimbledon.

Rankings since USO/Shanghai if Djokovic wins wimbledon(Roger and novak didn't play shanghai)
1 Federer: 8.825
2. Djokovic: 8.700
3. Nadal: 7.025

But a slamless No1 would make the haters gonna hate...
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #1468
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

:d :d
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #1469
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
is there any more purpose to keep this thread in the sticky... now that federer has dropped out of top 3... and looking likely to remain this way for the entire year... and he don't look likely to be able to contend for #1 in the foreseeable future...? suggest to unstick this until the day when federer gets to top 2 again... if that day ever comes...

regards,
wacky

You must believe man

Look now how near is Roger from the number one

Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1470
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
if Fed loses the final on sunday, the chances would still be high, and even before the US Open.

here are the ranking points until Shanghai when you take off the points from last year :

after Wimbledon :
Djokovic 11000
Federer 10275
Nadal 8905

(please note that the Olympics give 750 points but they are an optional tournament, which means Fed could only replace his 90 points from Doha with a 750 points win, then it could not be enough to be number 1 after the Olympics)

after Canada open (won by Djokovic last year then he would drop 1000 points) :
Federer 10185
Djokovic 10000
Nadal 8895

... which means Fed would be number 1 if he doesn't do worse than Djokovic in the Olympics+Canada open

after Cinci (Djokovic was finalist and will lose 600 points ... which is even more favourable to Fed) :
Federer 10005
Djokovic 9400
Nadal 8715

after the US Open (Djokovic will have at least 1885 points to take back to Fed until then !!) :
Federer 9285
Nadal 7515
Djokovic 7400

after Shanghai :
Federer 9270
Djokovic 7400
Nadal 6995

By the way, here's the Race (situation in the end of the year) :
Djokovic AND Nadal 6840
Federer 6295
(Murray 3800 if you want to know)

... which means Fed is in competition for the year-end number 1 !