Federer's ranking discussion - Page 91 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #1351
country flag Hazem

Hazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal & Djokovic ranking points (updated after TMS Rome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
A massive 45 points in the bank for Roger from Estoril already!!

Only a measly 1315 points to go to seal up the #1 record!
So he needs now at least a final in Madrid & SF in RG if Nadal was the winner of both.
F : Toronto 10
SF : Memphis 10 - Indian Wells10 - Halle 10 - Cincinnati 10
QF : Hamburg 10 - Shanghai 10 - WTF 10 (7th)
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) : (As of 23 May 11)
W: Moscow 10 - Dubai 11
F: Casablanca 10
QF : Rotterdam 10 - Marsellie 10 - Miami 10
Hazem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #1352
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazem View Post
So he needs now at least a final in Madrid & SF in RG if Nadal was the winner of both.
If he bolts out in the next round in Estoril, yes he does.
I'm so NOT COUNTING ON THAT!!! Go Roger, take this Mickey Mouse-title at least!

(Montańes )

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #1353
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazem View Post
Winning Estoril, a typical masters performance at Madrid (ie losing in the first round) and a typical RG performance (getting beat up by Nadal in the final) would also seal the deal.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #1354
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Winning Estoril, a typical masters performance at Madrid (ie losing in the first round) and a typical RG performance (getting beat up by Nadal in the final) would also seal the deal.
if he's able to reach RG final, then a final in Estoril is enough if he just takes part in Madrid
Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #1355
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZ Roger!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #1356
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Dazzling lovers of true tennis with his epic 7-6 6-2 win over clay court giant Arnaud Clement, Roger sealed up yet another hugely important 45 points with now only 1270 points to go. On his merciless and unstoppable quest to obliterate the Sampras record, JesusFed next meets some spanish pusher named Albert Móńtăńës. We know little of Móńtăńës aside from the fact that he scored a shocking 7-6 2-2 RET win against the legendary King Oscar at the Australian Open. That win has probably gotten the Mighty Fed a little uneasy but as soon as he unleashes that deadly laserlike backhand slice of his, there's little doubt that poor Albert will retreat to whereever it is that he came from.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #1357
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Djokovic has withdrawn from Madrid. I guess that seals the deal for the RG draw, Nadal being back to #2 if he does well in Madrid (and I see no reason why he shouldn't).
It's a pity for Djokovic, but it will surely helps Fed's cause - No risk of meeting Nadal in the semis of RG.

Anathema

Old 05-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #1358
country flag BlueSwan

On the other hand, Djokovic was probably the last remaining player with any hope in hell of beating Nadal at Madrid.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #1359
Anathemaniac

Quote:
On the other hand, Djokovic was probably the last remaining player with any hope in hell of beating Nadal at Madrid.
I think people have been overrating Djokovic' chances on clay due to his good runs last season. What I've been seeing of him lately (outside of his allergy troubles I mean) didn't impress me at all. I think Rafa would have eaten him alive in Madrid tbh.
The only one left with a meagre chance to beat Rafa in Madrid is... Roger. Tough chance, I know.

Anyways, I'll already be very happy if Roger manages to make it anywhere NEAR that final.

Anathema

Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #1360
country flag BlueSwan

I certainly agree that Nadal would beat Djokovic with almost certainty, but I still think Djokovic is the one with the best shot at the moment, even with his crappy play. Federer won't beat Nadal on clay unless he puts in a flawless performance and that's not gonna happen at the moment.

Let's hope that Roger even gets to play his Estoril match today. Seems a bit unlikely. Upsetting if Roger potentially could play 6 sets of tennis tomorrow. That would seriously hinder his prospects at Madrid.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #1361
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Let's hope that Roger even gets to play his Estoril match today. Seems a bit unlikely. Upsetting if Roger potentially could play 6 sets of tennis tomorrow. That would seriously hinder his prospects at Madrid.
Dunno. Might also give him the match practice he seems to be lacking so much. And he'll have a bye in Madrid so it's not like he's due on court over there the next morning.

Anathema

Old 05-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #1362
country flag BlueSwan

Speaking of Madrid. That's a pretty bad draw he got. Bye first round, Moya second round, Wawrinka third round, possibly Gulbis in the quarters. He could lose to all of those except Bye. ;-)

I don't fancy Rogers chances at Madrid.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #1363
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Speaking of Madrid. That's a pretty bad draw he got. Bye first round, Moya second round, Wawrinka third round, possibly Gulbis in the quarters. He could lose to all of those except Bye. ;-)

I don't fancy Rogers chances at Madrid.
It's all up to him to make the best out of it. If he fails against any of the lower ranked players, it's time for him to *wake up* and critically assess his situation.

Anathema

Old 05-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #1364
country flag BlueSwan

I think he basically isn't playing clay court tennis. During 2005 to 2009 he was trying so hard to win RG that he changed the way he played when on clay, playing with more topspin and a much larger margin of error. I think that after winning RG last year he didn't want to play "clay court tennis" anymore, so right now he's just playing his regular hard court game and when his timing isn't completely on, which it isn't at the moment, that results in a huge amount of errors and not nearly the same amount of winners as on hard courts. Mind you, his hard court game hasn't been impressive either post AO.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #1365
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Nole is out again?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote