Federer's ranking discussion - Page 60 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #886
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal & Djokovic ranking points (First post always updated)

...and the #1 ranking is gone. So will the #2 ranking be soon, unless Roger recovers. He's reacted precisely as poorly to the Wimbledon loss as I had feared. That loss was truly crucial.

Rogers hard court results this year have been truly dismal. Much worse than Rafas hard court results during 2006 and 2007 when Rafa was said not to be able to play on hard courts. And to think that Roger used to be the undisputed king of hard courts.
BlueSwan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #887
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal & Djokovic ranking points (First post always updated)

Infact, if this "form" continues through the Olympics and the US Open, I think Roger should definitely take the rest of the year off and try to regain his motivation and love for the game before the 2009 season starts.
BlueSwan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #888
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be interesting to see how Federer reacts to this new situation with him not being number 1 anymore.

Will he get more motivated and dominate everything next year to regain his throne, will he fade away in the rankings slowly or will he decide to retire in the next 2 years?

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #889
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghdatis72 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how Federer reacts to this new situation with him not being number 1 anymore.
Indeed. So far, he's been handling it very well I think - giving Rafa all credits for his awesome run this year and at least not showing that he's all too disappointed. I have no doubts that he doesn't at all show his true feelings, though.

Quote:
Will he get more motivated and dominate everything next year to regain his throne, will he fade away in the rankings slowly or will he decide to retire in the next 2 years?
The way his form is right now, I can't see him getting back to his dominating form of old, but I do believe he'll try and fight back and remain, or rather, return to be a force to recon with. Nobody gave a penny for Agassi any more when his ranking faded to the level that he even had to play challengers to get back - and we all know how that story ended. I hope Roger will follow his example.

If he decides to retire, I don't think it will take him two years to decide so. All I can hope for is that he doesn't pull a Borg/Henin all of a sudden... that would be real sad for all who love the sport.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #890
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

that means Nadal will be NO.1 next week if he win W&S, if he don't, he will be NO.1 in 18/8
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #891
country flag lina_seta

lina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond repute

its doesnt F$%CKING matter when rafa becomes #1 as he already IS...
i hate the debate... WATS THE RUSH?!

i just hope roger can hold up in #2 to make it back at the top... if djoko overtakes roger im ready to jump off the bridge
Old 08-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #892
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends on the Federer psychology. If his psychology is based on accumulating confidence and inner strength then he might find it hard to built it up again with all the upsets happening against him. All he needs is a couple of good runs in major events and he will be back on track.

If he is the spontaneous type (which I think he is not) then he might shine all of a sudden or crumble all of a sudden for good.

The Present - The Past
Old 08-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #893
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It all depends on the Federer psychology. If his psychology is based on accumulating confidence and inner strength then he might find it hard to built it up again with all the upsets happening against him. All he needs is a couple of good runs in major events and he will be back on track.

If he is the spontaneous type (which I think he is not) then he might shine all of a sudden or crumble all of a sudden for good.
He is the spontaneous type - no question about it. It is not necessarily a bad thing as we have seen in the past four years. Hopefully he will use his experience over these last four years to pull himself out of his slump.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:45 AM   #894
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
He is the spontaneous type - no question about it. It is not necessarily a bad thing as we have seen in the past four years. Hopefully he will use his experience over these last four years to pull himself out of his slump.
Well we have experienced him while he had the #1 spot under his belt and managed to secure it succesfully for a very long time. Now he is losing that #1 spot so this is a new area for his mentality after 4-5 years. The ATP has just become a lot more interesting now in my opinion as things get heated up a lot in the top 3 spots.

It's like a TV series now: Will Nadal keep his #1 ranking for long? Will Federer rise to the top again to win more Grand Slams and Masters Series? Will Djokovic pose a threat to the duo or will he crumble?

Coming live to you on the ATP tour

The Present - The Past
Old 08-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #895
country flag peripheral

peripheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well we have experienced him while he had the #1 spot under his belt and managed to secure it succesfully for a very long time. Now he is losing that #1 spot so this is a new area for his mentality after 4-5 years. The ATP has just become a lot more interesting now in my opinion as things get heated up a lot in the top 3 spots.

It's like a TV series now: Will Nadal keep his #1 ranking for long? Will Federer rise to the top again to win more Grand Slams and Masters Series? Will Djokovic pose a threat to the duo or will he crumble?

Coming live to you on the ATP tour
It's far, far superior to any TV series . Because TV shows try to artificially create this sort of suspense and drama; this is the real thing . Kinda hard to live through, but the stuff of legend in the end.

Marat Safin

Gasquet-Bagdhatis-Ancic
peripheral is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #896
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

#1 ranking gone. Pfft, I don't really care. It was only a matter of when not if. You can win slams without it. You can't win slams without top notch play, which is what roger is missing.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #897
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
It's far, far superior to any TV series . Because TV shows try to artificially create this sort of suspense and drama; this is the real thing . Kinda hard to live through, but the stuff of legend in the end.
Reality TV series with skill

The Present - The Past
Old 08-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #898
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Now that Roger is #2, what does he have to do to stay ahead of Nole?
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #899
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

neenah, basically they are almost even at the race, so all he need to do is finish 1 phase ahead of nole at 60% of the tournaments both attend together and he will finish number 2
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #900
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

It is NO.2 now, but I trust Roger will get want he wants back!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote