The 2004 NBA Playoffs Thread! - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #211
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2004 NBA Playoffs Thread!

that's really a big upset if Detroit wins this title!

I would have never thought it before that the Championship goes to a team of the Eastern Conference!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 03:47 AM   #212
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Detroit won the title with a 100-87 victory in game 5! Congrats to them!

Lakers ! Better luck next year!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #213
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

The Uglies take down the Pretty Boys
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:48 AM   #214
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME, that Detroit won the Championships. That's really a big surprise for me because I would have rated the Eastern Conference hardly any chance before the begin of the playoffs!!!

You see what a great coach Larry Brown is. He is really a big one!

Only sad thing is that Payton and Malone didn't get their rings

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 06-16-2004, 06:27 PM   #215
country flag Peoples

Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers
They overachieved anyway with their tactics, I didn't like the triangle-abandoning at all. I wish Jackson stayed and re-implemented it. Malone and especially Payton can go.

Still Detroit winning was quite a shock. I would have believed a loss of LA to Spurs or Wolves but not Pistons who were kind of poor until the final. Anyway well deserved for Detroit the city after a long while.
Peoples is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:55 PM   #216
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

The Lakers were dominated, throughout the whole series They had no answer to Detroits superb defense. Detroit could of won this last game even easier. At times in the 4th qtr, they were up be 25, 26, 27 pts LA was so lucky to even win a game. What a way to fire up this rivalry again The Lakers beat them in 7, in 88, but got swept by them, in 89, and won just a game this year So overall, in playoff series DET leads 2-1, and in games won: DET leads 11-5!!! Great Series, Pistons
Old 06-20-2004, 09:05 AM   #217
country flag cheliste

cheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond reputecheliste has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is late, but hey Congratulations Pistons! Showtime vs Bad Boys and the Bad Boys won convincingly. They are not the Tinseltown squad but they are hardest working players. They put up a solid rock defense and that's without commiting too many fouls, especially stupid fouls to send the Lakers to the line. And they were able to create mismatches.
Someone said here that it could have been a sweep had it not for Kobe's three-pointer in the dying minutes of game 2. Until now, I'm wondering why the heck Rip Hamilton was on Lakers go to guy, Kobe and not Tayshaun who was more defensive than the two. Doesn't matter now because they are the Champions anyway.
I think more than than the stats, Lakers problem was internal. Shaq was accusing Kobe of being selfish, Kobe remarked on Shaq's ballooning weight as the problem etc. etc. It just wasn't to be. Offense can win you games but defense will win you championships, that's what they say. That holds true...at least for now.

Hopefully, King and Mavs will have a great year next season.

Switchfoot's new album "Nothing is Sound"
Coming September 13th

Lend us only your voice. Please visit www.data.org or www.one.org and become involved.
cheliste is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #218
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheliste
Hopefully, King and Mavs will have a great year next season.
and the Sixers