AFL Round 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
country flag bossboss

bossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond repute
Default AFL Round 8

Code:
ADELAIDE vs RICHMOND 
Venue: AAMI Stadium, Adelaide, AUS 
1. ADELAIDE  1.10     
2. RICHMOND  6.75   

ESSENDON vs BRISBANE 
Venue: Telstra Dome, Melbourne, AUS 
1. ESSENDON 1.88
2. BRISBANE  1.90   

GEELONG vs FREMANTLE 
Venue: Skilled Stadium, Geelong, AUS 
1. GEELONG  1.35     
2. FREMANTLE  3.15   

HAWTHORN vs ST KILDA 
Venue: MCG, Melbourne, AUS 
1. HAWTHORN  2.17     
2. ST KILDA  1.68   

KANGAROOS vs CARLTON 
Venue: Gold Coast Stadium, Carrara, AUS 
1. KANGAROOS  1.57     
2. CARLTON  2.38   

SYDNEY vs PORT ADELAIDE 
Venue: SCG, Sydney, AUS 
1. SYDNEY  1.68     
2. PORT ADELAIDE  2.17   

WEST COAST vs MELBOURNE 
Venue: Subiaco Oval, Perth, AUS 
1. WEST COAST  1.20     
2. MELBOURNE  4.45
I Listed the venue as it turned to be a big factor in overs/unders

Only lean so far is Essendon (after watching them last week at TD , they were very close and full of run, only inaccurate kicking and solid performance from Kangaroos kept them from winning)
bossboss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
country flag Port_Power

Port_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond reputePort_Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFL Round 8

No value deals this round.I am not touching the essendon, pies and st kilda match this week. However freo might be worth a punt. They have geelong covered and they play well at Skilled. Might take a punt on North over 15.5
Port_Power is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
bad gambler

All in on Port Adelaide
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane are nice value at that price. Inaccurate kicking has been a factor for them lately so indoors will be a good environment. It will be a fast paced game so the over is a definate. Black, Power and Brown can't be shut out for 2 weeks in a row and based on that horrific performance on Saturday night, Matthews will make them turn around.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:41 AM   #5
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Eagles are value at 1.20 .
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Richmond are value at 7.00
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:33 AM   #7

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really liking anything this weekend apart from a Brisbane win, Brisbane and Essendon to sail over 200 points and perhaps Port to cover against the Swans and a Kangaroos X Eagles X Crows parlay.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 AM   #8

Essendon V Brisbane (TD) Saturday Afternoon

Essendon the last few weeks have lost their run in the late stages of games. They have been playing poor football of recent weeks. However, with that said, Brisbane played shocking football last week - there were only about 3 Brisbane players who could hold their head up high. So one may think who is going to win this match. I say Brisbane will. Power, Black and Brown had poor games last week, but the class of those players, surely they won't have 2 bad games in a row.

At the corresponding match last year, Essendon beat Brisbane in a high scoring affair but this was in round 17. At that stage, Brisbane had severe injuries to key players and all the young players were tired from a whole season as most were playing in their first season. We are at round 8 and I can't see the same thing. Brisbane's young players are playing fine football before last week. Brisbane's older players were playing good football before last week and at the moment, Brisbane have nearly a full list to pick from. Round 17 last year, they only had about 25 players to choose to field a 22 man side. Big differences.

I was high on Essendon's bandwagon at the start of the season thinking they were going to make the finals, but since their great start to the year, they have struggled. My advice to all is whoever doesn't want to pick a side for this game, pick the over, as this is indoors and this match will fly over 200 points. But I think Brisbane are more class than Essendon at the moment and I think Leigh Matthews will pump Brisbane up after last week's performance.

Also, players are on their last legs to be dropped. Brisbane have guys like Selwood, Allan and Drummond knocking on the door to be selected. Not to mention Mitch Clark is getting back to football and some of our draftees from last year are knocking on the door to be selected like Schmidt and our ruckman in Leunberger (Wood is not playing good enough football to be considered a senior option at this point in time). Guys like Sherman, Rischitelli, Fixter, Patful, Begley, Stiller, McDonald and the like are close to being dropped from this team. It would not surprise me to see Sherman and/or Rischitelli dropped this week. They are very close to it. Those guys I have mentioned need to perform to stay in this team because we have players knocking on the door. That fact with other facts, I think Brisbane will play inspired football this week and beat Essendon.

Brisbane ML @ $1.90

Brisbane V Essendon - Over whatever total you can get.

Here are the recent meetings between the two teams.

1 2006 17 Bris Lions 18.15 (123) vs Essendon 25.10 (160) TD Lost -37
2 2006 2 Bris Lions 17.13 (115) vs Essendon 15.7 (97) Gabba WON 18
3 2005 17 Bris Lions 17.12 (114) vs Essendon 14.17 (101) Gabba WON 13
4 2005 6 Bris Lions 21.10 (136) vs Essendon 12.16 (88) TD WON 48
5 2004 12 Bris Lions 25.12 (162) vs Essendon 14.12 (96) TD WON 66

Take the over!

Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #9

Port Adelaide V Sydney

Sydney are playing rubbish football at the moment and Port are flying on top of the ladder. Questions were asked of Sydney last week and I think they will put in a terrific performance this week. Port Adelaide are playing close to how they played in their premiership year. They are playing good football and regardless of the outcome, I expect this game to be close. Which way it will turn, I don't know. I have a feeling Sydney will do enough this week to win, but if they do, it won't be by much.

Port Adelaide do play well at the SCG and their young players are playing terrific football. Sydney last week looked flat. They looked gone. But you can't write a team like Sydney off after their last few good years.

Here are the recent meetings between the two.

1 2006 17 Port Adel 7.8 (50) vs Sydney 10.17 (77) AAMI Lost -27
2 2006 2 Port Adel 15.16 (106) vs Sydney 11.14 (80) SCG WON 26
3 2005 8 Port Adel 6.9 (45) vs Sydney 9.15 (69) SCG Lost -24
4 2004 12 Port Adel 20.12 (132) vs Sydney 8.12 (60) AAMI WON 72
5 2003 1QF Port Adel 13.10 (88) vs Sydney 15.10 (100) AAMI Lost -12
6 2003 13 Port Adel 14.15 (99) vs Sydney 8.12 (60) AAMI WON 39
7 2002 15 Port Adel 14.10 (94) vs Sydney 13.14 (92) SCG WON 2

Port have won 2 of their last 3 at the SCG and have won 4 of their last 7 against the Swans. The margins have not been that close, however, I think taking Port at the line is the wise thing to do. It's hard to go past the football Port are playing at the moment.

Port Adelaide -7.5

Old 05-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
country flag bossboss

bossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if Matthew Lloyd is playing this weekend ? can't find him i the injury list of Essendon
Essendon are playing back to back at the Dome.

WB X Pies .. very tricky game. If James clement is still injuried . Brad Johnson will creat havoc in Pies defense.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #11
country flag bossboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Port Adelaide V Sydney

Port Adelaide -7.5
you mean Port +7.5 (they are underdogs in Sydney)
Old 05-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
country flag bossboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossboss View Post
Does anyone know if Matthew Lloyd is playing this weekend ? can't find him i the injury list of Essendon
Essendon are playing back to back at the Dome.
finally found out Lloyd is in, chris johnson is out for lions
line drop for essendon to 1.8 ..so essendon it is (5 units)
Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #13
country flag breadman7

breadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond repute

Silly bet but good odds.

High/Low double

Brisbane into Richmond @ $38

Seeya next year Blue boys for another beating
breadman7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #14

I was right about Sherman being dropped.

Now Rischitelli and some others are on a knife's edge.

Big Brisbane performance coming up.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #15
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
I was right about Sherman being dropped.

Now Rischitelli and some others are on a knife's edge.

Big Brisbane performance coming up.
Matty Lloyd's Grandfather passed away,i think the players will be wearing Black Arm bands and therefor will be extra motivated for this contest,as its not going to go off with the Mal Michael Saga
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote