Bonus Points - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think about bonus Points?

Keep bonus points just as they are now 12 60.00%
Eliminate bonus 7 35.00%
Other [Propose] 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #16
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonus Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
If you offer solutions changes could me made, anyway, they will be applied in the offseason.

And I think that Coria won because no one realizes what his strategy really is.
I know his strategy and that's why he went for broke in the final and surprised me

Actually we both knew our strategy, although I don't actually have a single strategy, and Coria had to mix up things to win. He said it himself after the final

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #17
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

I think ranking bonus points should definitely be abolished. A player who uses a good strategy and therefore deserves to succeed would automatically float up the ranking due to success. No need to artificially boost his chances by giving sizable bonus points. The argument was made that strategy is more important than bonus points, which I think is flawed. There may be strategies that can produce results without bonus points but there will also be very succesful strategies that greatly depend on the bonus point advantage, especially if it is as large as 10 points.

Admittedly I can't speak from experience but the current system does put me off from joining. I hope the ranking bonus points will be abolished after November.

The home tournament bonus points however seem designed to even out over a season and are a nice touch.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #18
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
I think ranking bonus points should definitely be abolished. A player who uses a good strategy and therefore deserves to succeed would automatically float up the ranking due to success. No need to artificially boost his chances by giving sizable bonus points. The argument was made that strategy is more important than bonus points, which I think is flawed. There may be strategies that can produce results without bonus points but there will also be very succesful strategies that greatly depend on the bonus point advantage, especially if it is as large as 10 points.

Admittedly I can't speak from experience but the current system does put me off from joining. I hope the ranking bonus points will be abolished after November.

The home tournament bonus points however seem designed to even out over a season and are a nice touch.
It's true.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #19
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Well discuss it when the season finishes.

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote