Who is going? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #46
country flag Savio

Savio is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who is going?

Thanks for the info Laura!

I got tickets to grounds. I had to cough up a pretty penny but I didn't want to head up there not knowing if I would be able to get tickets or not. I'll be there Saturday (day) and Sunday (night).

Are we allowed to bring food inside? water bottles? I'm thinking about taking my Digital SLR also, will that be a problem?

Thanks again!

Savio
Savio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #47
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savio View Post
Thanks for the info Laura!

I got tickets to grounds. I had to cough up a pretty penny but I didn't want to head up there not knowing if I would be able to get tickets or not. I'll be there Saturday (day) and Sunday (night).

Are we allowed to bring food inside? water bottles? I'm thinking about taking my Digital SLR also, will that be a problem?

Thanks again!

Savio
Yes..like I said in my previous post, small amounts of food & drinks are allowed. & cameras are allowed , too

Have fun
Laura
fedsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #48
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

from USO.org

Home > Visiting the Open > Security Information

Security Procedures at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center

Safety is one of our highest priorities at the US Open, and we will continue to take every reasonable step to ensure the safety of everyone entering the USTA National Tennis Center gates. We will once again be implementing several important security measures in conjunction with Local, State, and Federal law enforcement agencies:
1. We encourage you to arrive early to avoid delays and help to speed the entry of all spectators.
All fans will go through a screening process before passing through the USTA National Tennis Center entry gates.
There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted onto the grounds.
All bags are subject to search, must be a single compartment and cannot be larger than 12"Wx12"Hx16"L.
There will be no bag storage on the grounds. For a nominal charge, there is a bag storage facility outside the grounds.
Speed lines for those fans without bags will be available at all gates.
The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:

sealed packages of any kind;
briefcases;
ALL knapsacks/ALL backpacks ;
hard coolers or like containers;
glass bottles or cans;
aerosol cans or noisemaking devices;
alcoholic beverages;
commercial video cameras or recording devices;
computers or laptops;
food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes);
weapons (regardless of permit);
pets (unless a service animal);
flags, banners or signs;
laser pointing devices;
tennis racquets;
bicycles; scooters of any type; in-line skates; roller skates; skateboards;
and any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USTA and/or US Open personnel, in its sole discretion.
Your cooperation, patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we enhance and expand our security efforts to make your visit to the US Open safe and enjoyable.

most important....DO NOT USE A BACK PACK...they will NOT let you in with one.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #49
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedsfan1 View Post
from USO.org
Your cooperation, patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we enhance and expand our security efforts to make your visit to the US Open safe and enjoyable.
It might be safe, but not very enjoyable. Why are they forbidding back-packs?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #50
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who else is going to the US Open?

I'm going to the second day night sessions (with 4 friends) and also the Semis (with one friend)....

I'm all the way up on the 3rd floor (of Ash stadium), but I'm excited anyway

Who else is going?

MathLessons.com - When the numbers don't add up
Shahar26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #51
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to the US Open?

I actually bought one of the ticket plans where I get to watch the night sessions for the first five nights. AND then day and night sessions starting with the end of the men's quarters all the way up to the women's semis!!!!

As a matter of fact, if I can't go to the matches, I may, if people are interested, give some sessions away to members here as a sign of respect for the fellow fans of this forum.
sawan66278 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #52
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the people who responded to this same thread in the tournament forum.

(bet this thread ends up there too).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #53
country flag Magus13

Magus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond reputeMagus13 has a reputation beyond repute

Going third night sesiion and Men's semis and finals. May try to see a practice session this week.

FEDERER SAFIN GONZALEZ YOUZHNY

ANCIC GULBIS CILIC
Magus13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #54
country flag fedsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
It might be safe, but not very enjoyable. Why are they forbidding back-packs?
Ever since Sept.11, no backpacks have been allowed.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #55
country flag fedsfan1

I'll be there for all of qualies & weekends.

I may go other days but not sure yet which.

Weather for tomorrow STINKS!!!
Rain all day....

So I will be there starting Wed.

Enjoy the USOPEN!!!

cheers
Laura
Old 08-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #56
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is beter to take a large bag like a beach bag it is easier for them to search. A few were turned away last year carrying back packs.
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #57
country flag Laura12

Laura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond reputeLaura12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to qualies this Friday with my school and then also to the men's final. I'm psyched!

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
-Henry Ford

"Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it."
-Robert Heinlein

Seat#136and proud

Gregor Schlierenzauer- Ski Flying World Champion!
Laura12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #58
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there, I can't wait to see Young beat Nadal and Roger.....

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #59
dylan24
Banned!

dylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond reputedylan24 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm going aug 30th
dylan24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #60
country flag dkw

dkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to "Open Practice" on Sunday and my tennis instructor got tickets for Tuesday 28th
dkw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote