OMG... It's here!!! Hamburg (and Marat) ... Here I come :P - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #61
country flag carroll

carroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG... It's here!!! Hamburg (and Marat) ... Here I come :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
OH DEAR!!!!! YES Marat, I am already dead, thank you!
These 2 volleys at 6-5 in the TB and at 5-3 serving for the match! Let's say it wasn't his volleying day but THANK GOD he got it done!
And even if I'm mad at him after he wins a match I ALWAYS LOVE HIM!
And Nico is funny talking in Spanish.
Marat the big choker... He's cute but still : smash on the net on set point, then double fault to start a game when you serve for the match and here we go for an oth smash in the net... This guy is born to torture himself and us too Anyway, he was looking stunning with the curls and the face perfectly shaved so i forgive him !

When you win, when you lose, when you smile or when you're mad : Marat you're still the best to watch.

"Just give yourself the opportunity, give yourself the chance. You have to
be happy with what you have achieved and don't take any notice if somebody
tells you that you should have achieved much more. You have achieved what
you have achieved. Nobody can take that away and you have a clear
conscience." Marat
carroll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #62
country flag foul_dwimmerlaik

foul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
Ah yeah wonderful smash in the net on set point Marat honey
He prob'ly thought he was Federer out there. Nice to see him winning though, and even playing good in patches.

When he was leading 4-0 I actually started to cheer for him to lose some games. The Vliegen nightmare is still fresh.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #63
country flag carroll

carroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foul_dwimmerlaik View Post
He prob'ly thought he was Federer out there. Nice to see him winning though, and even playing good in patches.

When he was leading 4-0 I actually started to cheer for him to lose some games. The Vliegen nightmare is still fresh.
Same for me, i was worried ! Here is what you've done to all of us Marat, we're scared when you're winning easily

When you win, when you lose, when you smile or when you're mad : Marat you're still the best to watch.

"Just give yourself the opportunity, give yourself the chance. You have to
be happy with what you have achieved and don't take any notice if somebody
tells you that you should have achieved much more. You have achieved what
you have achieved. Nobody can take that away and you have a clear
conscience." Marat
carroll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #64
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foul_dwimmerlaik View Post
Oh yeah Tanechka, I said "Please, pwetty please lose a game now! You know it's not good to win a set 6-0"
But he listened too well and went on to lose 5 in a row, I didn't ask for that.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #65
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO at your girls posts on this page. I was doing the same...oooh the level of brain damage we got to

okay BABY STEP #2 in Hamburg: taking down JCF!!!! Rememeber the Hamburg episode 2 years ago? Revenge please!

I'm actually happy my parents yelled at me and made me turn off the computer after Marat lost his serve while serving for the match. Of course, I couldn't stop cursing until I found out the result but all is well when it ends well. Thanks Aleka!!!

BTW: Baby Marat won his match against Verdasco with the exact same score as Marat did 7-6 6-4 Marats rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #66
country flag embellish

embellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond repute

Oh My God he won a tiebreak!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I alarmed everone in my office when I shouted this out loud after checking the score

So happy he won - I'm so ridiculously excited by the result - Idiotic optimism in full force

Boris Johnson
embellish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #67
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

congrats oaf! so, who is he losing to in 2nd round? JCF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post
eightball???? I like it where can i get a ball like that
i'll be waiting for you on msn on wednesday It says only the truth *points to siggy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
I'm home, the bwin site is working perfectly, no interruptions ( that means coverage for me ) the boys are on court, Marat has his usual cool atitude (yes we have the lime shirt and the curls look really )...and Maroon 5 - "this love" (one of my all time fav songs ) is the background song in the stadium before starting the match. Lars Graff is umpiring. Massu to serve first...DAVAI MARATTTTTTTT!!!! TIME! oooh yeah and my maths homework is right next to me. Marat always win when I'm doing my maths homework. I have to remember never to study geography again during a Marat match the Davydenko match yes, I was studying Geography...but maths today

Yes, I'm crazy I might have had a bit too much coffee today could explain a lot of things.
you're nut-s, that's adorable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
BTW: Baby Marat won his match against Verdasco with the exact same score as Marat did 7-6 6-4 Marats rule!!
What's wrong with Nando lately? early exit every week

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #68
country flag denibas77

denibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond repute

marat interview

Hamburg, 14 May 2007

Press Conference with MARAT SAFIN

Safin - Massu 7:6 (7), 6:4

Q: Well done. Good to get that win, but it was an up and down match. First the long lead… What was the reason for these changes?

SAFIN: I started pretty well. I guess he was a little cold. He was pretty nervous, so he could not play his game. He took advantage at 4:0. He just had nothing to lose. I made a couple of mistakes. I did nothing wrong but he just went for it. And it went his way. He just came up to 5:4. The second break was tough for me because I was getting a bit nervous. I did not want to lose this opportunity. I wanted to close the set. Basically in all the games I had deuce or advantage. It was very close and I could not make it. In the tiebreak I was very disappointed because I had my chances an was playing the right game. Finally it went my way. Unfortunately sometimes the luck is not on my side. Sometimes I miss by a little bit.

Q: It is nice to win a match that had so many challenges in it for you, isn't it?

SAFIN: Very nice. Also for the confidence. I am not really in a great position right now. These kind of matches give me a lot of opportunity and confidence. Eventually my game has to come back because I am playing well, moving around really well, my fitness is great, doing the right things. Sometimes I just make some mistakes and everything goes the other way round. Especially now against Ferrero. I just have to take it match by match and make sure I take it point by point. Work, work, work and wait for opportunities.

Q: You brought your ranking right back from somewhere outside the Top 100 to somewhere in the 20ies. Does that mean your confidence is going up with it?

SAFIN: I finished the year 24. From middle of August until end of the season, I lost a lot of matches 7:6 in the third, 7:6 in the fifth against Haas in the US Open, Nalbandian, Madrid, then 7:6 in the semifinal to Blake in Bankog. Then 7:6, 7:6 to Clement in semi finals in Washington. If I would win 2 of these matches I would be Top 20. This year I was also very close to beating Davydenko. I had four match points against Vliegen in Monte Carlo. I was close to beat Roddick in Australia. So it's just something that did not go my way. I am also disappointed because I am stuck between 30 and 20 and don't move up. I need to defend the points in the second part of the season. So luck better starts to be on my side. Hopefully it will come my way.

Q: The tennis is there so is it a mental breakthrough you have to make?

SAFIN: It's just one, two points. I never lost one easy match. I'm running around, I want to play, I'm fighting. Just the last chance slips away.

Q: Is the knee 100%?

SAFIN: Yes, I'm moving around okay. I'm not getting tired. I'm perfect. I work a lot on the physical condition which is very important for me. Now it's a different part that is missing.

Q: The conditions can be slow and heavy here, but you've done well here before. Do you mind the conditions here?

SAFIN: Sometimes it's a bit slow. It depends on the weather. The balls can get heavy. But for the past few years, the balls have changed. Dunlop is a bit heavier than Head. It's okay. It's a little slower than Rome, but it's definitely not too slow. Today I had some bad bounces and mishits. I was a bit tough for me today.

Q: The ATP have been planning a lot of changes to the Tour. Do you have an opinion on that?

SAFIN: I think the people, who are in the positions to make the choices, I hope they know what they are doing. I don't want to get involved. We have to let it be and let the people at the top make their choices. We can play tennis but we can't change and make everybody happy. I'm sure that whoever is taking care of it knows what he is doing. Once we have him, let's give him a chance for 4, 5 years to see how it goes. It can't be worse than it used to be. When Mark Miles left, we had no chances. It was going bankrupt, no money. At least we have a lot of sponsors. It is getting better. It's picking up, but we have to believe in our people and make sure to support them, even though they make mistakes. Unfortunately, you want progress without any mistakes. People or tennis players should understand this, not to criticize if somebody makes a small mistake. They should not be shouting. We just have to let it be
denibas77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:29 PM   #69
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

noodle, noodle, noodle
Quote:
Originally Posted by denibas77 View Post
Q: The ATP have been planning a lot of changes to the Tour. Do you have an opinion on that?

SAFIN: I think the people, who are in the positions to make the choices, I hope they know what they are doing. I don't want to get involved. We have to let it be and let the people at the top make their choices. We can play tennis but we can't change and make everybody happy. I'm sure that whoever is taking care of it knows what he is doing. Once we have him, let's give him a chance for 4, 5 years to see how it goes. It can't be worse than it used to be. When Mark Miles left, we had no chances. It was going bankrupt, no money. At least we have a lot of sponsors. It is getting better. It's picking up, but we have to believe in our people and make sure to support them, even though they make mistakes. Unfortunately, you want progress without any mistakes. People or tennis players should understand this, not to criticize if somebody makes a small mistake. They should not be shouting. We just have to let it be
When did he learn diplomacy?

thanks for posting it denibas

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:55 AM   #70
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the win Maratski
love the interview, I'd missed all of those 'little bits' and 'luck'

now for JCF ... Davai!!!!!!!!!!

oooooooooh Happy Days

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:55 AM   #71
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denibas77 View Post

SAFIN: Sometimes it's a bit slow. It depends on the weather. The balls can get heavy. But for the past few years, the balls have changed. Dunlop is a bit heavier than Head. It's okay. It's a little slower than Rome, but it's definitely not too slow. Today I had some bad bounces and mishits. I was a bit tough for me today.

head has balls too???
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #72
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
Same for me, i was worried ! Here is what you've done to all of us Marat, we're scared when you're winning easily
Me too! I was cheering for him to lose one break , but not two.

Right as Marat held from down 0-40 in the second set, I watched his body language improve and some self-belief enter his eyes, and I was quite sure he was going to break Massu's serve the next game...and he did!

What I really want now is to see him serve out a set and preferably even a match. I'm happy he recovered from letting 4-0 slide to 4-5, I'm happy he won a tiebreak, I'm thrilled he won the match, but I want him to serve it out.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #73
country flag rmb6687

rmb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond repute

"luck" this...."luck" that.

As annoying as it is to hear him praise luck for his wins....it's really just nice to see him win.

And like someone said earlier...he looked too good today for me to be that angry.

Keep it up big boy!

roddick, hewitt, berdych, muller, tursunov, grosjean, djokovic
rmb6687 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #74
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #75
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Atta boy Maratik Well done
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote