OMG... It's here!!! Hamburg (and Marat) ... Here I come :P - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
country flag Mrs. Fabregas

Location: back into my "normal +work mode" and me don't like :(
Mrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond repute

Place : Hamburg, Germany
Where : Rothenbaum Tennis Centre
Centre Court Capacity : 13.300
Date : 12-20 May
Draw size : 56
Surface : Claycourt
Price money : €1.870.000
Defending Champion : Tommy Robredo (ESP) (def. Stephanek)
Tournament Director : Walter Knapper
Ticket Hotline : +49 40 411 78 411

Singles Schedule : All information with reservation

Saturday, 12th May: Qualifications
Sunday, 13th May: Qualifications
Monday, 14th May: Round 1
Tuesday, 15th May: Round 1
Wednesday, 16th May: Round 2
Thursday, 17th May: Round 3
Friday, 18th May: Quarterfinal
Saturday, 19th May: Semifinal
Sunday, 20th May: Final

Doubles

Saturday, 19th May: Semifinal
Sunday, 20th May: Final

Ladies Day ;D : Tuesday, 15th May

Tennis Classic : Your favourites are back on court! Don't miss it!

From May 17th to 20th the BlackRock Tour of Champions comes to Hamburg. Enjoy legendary tennispros fighting the world most important tournament series for former tennisstars!

Champions Tour point distribution
Winner: 400
Runner-up: 250
3rd place: 200
4th place: 125
No. 5-6: 80
No. 7-8: 60 points

Champions Tour format
The Champions Tour tournaments run over a minimum of 4 days. The players are split into two groups of four. During the first three days of competition, each player faces off the other three players in his group in a round robin format. The top player from each group contest in the final, while the two players who finish second in each group play off for third and fourth places respectively.

Matches are contested over the best of three sets, with the deciding set taking the form of a Champions tie-break. The Champions tie-break is an expanded version of the conventional professional tennis tie-break, whereby the winner is the first player to reach 10 points by a margin of 2.

To be eligible to compete on the ATP Champions Tour, players must have been either a World No. 1 during their competitive playing careers, a Grand Slam singles finalist, or a singles player in a victorious Davis Cup team; and they should have retired from the ATP circuit. Each event can also invite two players of its choice to take wild cards.

Players compete for points throughout the year to qualify for The Champions Masters. The Masters takes place at the Royal Albert Hall in London at the end of the year.

To be eligible to compete on the BlackRock Tour of Champions, players must have been either the World No.1 during their competitive playing careers, a Grand Slam singles finalist or champion, a singles player on a victorious Davis Cup team or voted onto the Special Exempt list by the BlackRock Tour of Champions Board. All players must also have been retired from ATP competition for at least two years. Each event can also offer two wild cards.

Players competing the BlackRock Tennis Classic Hamburg 2007 are

- Boris Becker (GER)
- Michael Stich (GER)
- Goran Ivanisevic (CRO)
- Thomas Muster (AUT)
- Henri Leconte (FRA)
- Cedric Pioline (FRA)
- Sergi Bruguera (ESP)
- Karel Novacek (CZE) (WC)

The players field for the German stage of the BlackRock Tour of Champions is complete. The former German Tennis-Pro Boris Becker now added to the field of the first BlackRock Tennis Classic at Hamburg. “I am happy to come back to Hamburg Rothenbaum that I keep in fond memories. It's always been special to play in Hamburg where I reached the semifinals several times, and once even played the final.
I even got involved with the tournament as Chairman”, says Becker who won Wimbledon three times during his career, when asked about his Tennis Classic participation. “It will be a great experience to compete with former colleagues like Michael Stich, Thomas Muster or Goran Ivanisevic in Hamburg again”.

Becker became a Tennis-Pro in 1984 and won 49 tournaments on the ATP circuit until retiring in 1999.

Keen on fighting Boris Becker is the former Wimbledon-Winner Goran Ivanisevic. “I am looking forward to Hamburg. I played at Rothenbaum so often. I like remembering the final versus Andrei Medvedev in 1995. The match against Boris in May will be something very special to me, because I really would like to beat him once more. It will be our twentieth match and at the moment the score is 10:9 for Boris” affirms the Croatioan Tennis-Idol his ambition for the BlackRock Tennis Classic Hamburg 2007.

“Together they won 11 Grand Slam titles! It will be a fantastic tournament” says Carl-Uwe Steeb, tournament director of the first ATP Champions Event in Hamburg.

To attend the BlackRock Tennis Classic visitors do not need additional tickets. According to „One ticket – two tournaments“tickets for the Masters Series Hamburg 2007 presented by E.ON Hanse include access to the Tennis Classic as well.

Last edited by PennyThePossum : 05-13-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Mrs. Fabregas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG..... It's almost happening.....Hamburg (and Marat) .... Here I come :P

little overexcited eh? too early for hamburg methinks.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG..... It's almost happening.....Hamburg (and Marat) .... Here I come :P

well I'd be a little over-excited about going to a Master Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #4

Mrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
little overexcited eh? too early for hamburg methinks.
Yep, very overexcited
And what do you mean with "too early", P?? It's only 6 nights for me!!!!!!
Don't think it's too early
Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

We have to win Rome first.
Adam prommised

Then we take Berlin....erm hamburg

So are you willing to share with us yet, the banner we should look for?
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #6
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frensje View Post
Yep, very overexcited
And what do you mean with "too early", P?? It's only 6 nights for me!!!!!!
Don't think it's too early
too early to start a thread cos he hasn't won rome yet but hey! we can start discussing what you're packing
Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post

So are you willing to share with us yet, the banner we should look for?
Yes, ofcourse I'm willing

but they're still under construction

Quote:
too early to start a thread cos he hasn't won rome yet but hey! we can start discussing what you're packing
Oh, okay.... I see...... but HE IS GOING to Hamburg !!!! (Or else....... )

Like the idea of the discussion topic, P
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #8
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

So what are you packing
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #9
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

a warm coat and hot water bottles?

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 AM   #10
Scavenger Hunter

is the weather topsy turvy there too? you might have to bring sunblock instead this year
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
a warm coat and hot water bottles?
Yeap, and warm sweaters, long trousers, down jacket... Alle the winter stuff is coming with me ... I need a bigger suitcase now

Quote:
is the weather topsy turvy there too? you might have to bring sunblock instead this year

I don't think I'll need the sunblock *looking outside to see it's raining, AGAIN*
Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
Scavenger Hunter

well, after an entire week of very stormy storms, we've had two blazing hot days in a row. the air's so still and so humid, the entire island feels like a bloody sauna! and it's not good!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #13

Quote:
well, after an entire week of very stormy storms, we've had two blazing hot days in a row. the air's so still and so humid, the entire island feels like a bloody sauna! and it's not good!!!
Wanna switch?? Although it's not raining since Maratik's match anymore
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I cannot stand sauna so I'm not moving to S'pore.
Even if it's very humid here at the coast too and that makes the cold in winter much worse than someplace in inland.
+10 C and cloudy here, will probably start raining in the evening again.
The same for this whole week so no summer in sight here.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #15

Only 2 more thays and then I'm off to Hamurg

My suitcase is packed (and totally full )......

Plane Tickets.... Check!
Passport ......... Check!

Tournament Tickets:........ Check, check, double check!

Digital SLR, Digital compact camera : Check!
(all the needed cables, battery's and memory cards)....... Check!

The translation of the banners .... Check!

Okay.... Got everything.... I'm so ready to go now