Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Question

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Kathy 
#1 ·
What is the difference between a Qualifer and a Wild Card? And when Arthurs replaced Roddick, what does LL next to his name stand for on the draw sheet? Thank you!

#2 ·
LL = Lucky Loser
Qualifier is someone who has played at least 2 matches in the days leading up to the event and has earned the right to play in that tournament
Wild Card is for people like thomas johansson who were once highly ranked and then due to some reason fell in the rankings and didn't or couldn't to qualify (i'm pretty sure thats what it is)
hope this helped

#3 ·
Hi Kathy :wavey:

a Qualifier is a player who couldnt get into maindraw cos his rank was too low and WON his qualifying matches

a LL means a Lucky Loser (the highest ranked losers in final rd of qualifying get into maindraw if someone pulls out of maindraw---but they have to SIGN in as a LL.

a WC is given by tournament directors to:-
someone who they think will either attract more fans to the tourn
someone on a comeback trail after injury cos/and his rank is too low
but more are given to local players of the same country.

I'm sure someone will have a better explanation than me in clearer English :eek: ;)

#4 ·
A qualifier is a player who has played one or several qualifying matches to enter the main draw.

Players can also be handed Wild Cards to enter either the main draw or the qualifying rounds. They are usually handed to young players from the same country as the tournament or to players who have been succesful in that tournament in the past but are past their prime. It is the tournament organisers who choose.

If a player withdraws from the main draw, then a player who has lost in the final qualifying round can then enter the main draw as a Lucky Looser (LL).

#6 ·
ok why is everyone repeating what everyone said ?? wheres the sense in that?

Reactions: TheBoiledEgg
#9 ·
Frooty_Bazooty said:
keep ur bra on, they obviously started writing their replies before you had posted yours :rolleyes:
ooooh someones being sexiest!! keep ur bra on.... how rude :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.