still in the news: Romania - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #46
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
OMG u've discussed a lot

Paul,u can't understand the situation from the outside anyway

my problem si that right now i can't see anyone ruling this country fair. i never liked geoana,tariceanu or vacaroiu,muuuuuuuuuuuch less vadim tudor (aka valium tudor ) so i hope they won't get the power again. i'm certainly afraid of getting a new president like vanghelie or becali.

anyway our opinion is kinda useless. as far as i can see ppl around the country are die hard fans of basescu and they still think he's fair play and stuff...
But there is nothing to be afraid of - the current situation in Romania cannot continue and it will continue sadly unless Basescu steps down. The good guys are not always the ones who win sadly and unless all his opponents are voted out (which is way too unlikely) then he can't continue with the confidence of only a quarter of the government.

Yes a lot of the people are fans of him but what will it matter even if he wins the referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
yup.

i am very scared of a guy like Vaghelie or Becali
Miru, you don't have to start with the idea that it is useless. Of course it will always be useless if you don't state it. It doesn't cost you anything to express your opinion. And I do know a lot of people who dislike him, even if it's true they are less than the ones who like him. And also, there are quite a few people who don't want to admit they don't like him, because let's be honest, it's much cooler to say 'I like Basescu and the alliance, I hate PSD'. If you like PSD you are considered a communist lover blah blah blah. I know I might sound idealist but maybe if more ppl got involved in voting and stuff we won't be having characters like Becali and Vanghelie in our political life.
I never liked Vacaroiu either but I feel sorry for him. He is not that big drinker, he's quite a decent guy and it's his 2nd time as the president of the senate and no-one had anything bad with him. And he was very reserved about the whole interim thing. More than decent attitude.
Everyone has the right to express their opinion and in a referendum like what is going to happen you *must* vote for what you feel is right! Personally I am all for change change change and yes that does mean the end of Basescu as it's not working Anyway the reason Basescu has been impeached is because he is allegedly corrupt.... but haven't the same kind of allegations been attributed to Vacaroiu? I don't know if the libera would have published this if there weren't some truths anyway?
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #47
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Vacaroiu has been accused of something but I don't know too well cos that happened in the early 90s when I was way too young to follow politics
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #48
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
belive me,i've seen vacaroiu drunk at work so don't tell me he's not drinking i understand mihnea has a great influence on you but don't take it all for true.

it's true we have to express our opinion,it'd be bad if we wouldn't. but young ppl's voice in politics these days is not audible. i'm not against PSD,actually the mayor of my sector is from PSD and he's a person i admire and respect,i know him personally,he's been to my house,we talked etc etc. but i think whil we don't vote for person,not partid or alliance we won't get a parlament closer to our desires.

do you imagine it's gonna be our first vote as Romanian citezens with full rights ?
So Miru you wouldn't vote for your favourite if they have little chance of being elected? It's a tough choice sometimes, I have the same situation here where the leading party always wins but my favourite party always come next to last

I guess it is pretty sad that your first legal vote will be one of whether to impeach the President or not

Quote:
Miru, I'm not a PSDist, Mihnea is. I just feel sorry for Vacaroiu, that's all. I know he's been drunk but now he has diabetes and alcohol is prohibited. And Mihnea doesn't like him too much either, he's a Nastase fan , so it's not him that defended Vaca (additional information: Itza is a PD and Base fan, so I have influence from both sides which make me be more objective than them )

The uninominal vote was such a great idea too bad they didn't want it
Yes he has reformed in the respect to his alcohol intake but his history is as dark as Basescu. The country in general needs fresh new leaders to embrace the new dawn which has been promised since the accession treaty was signed - I urge all Romanians to grasp this opportunity and vote out the politicians who are holding the country back. The in-fighting must stop and if Basescu has to be a victim of this then so be it!

Quote:
cuz u have to cheat and steal to be in politics
I'd make a good politician
Old 04-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #49
country flag MissPovaFan

Quote:
Vacaroiu has been accused of something but I don't know too well cos that happened in the early 90s when I was way too young to follow politics
Well he's taking the libera to court apparently he's that upset about it! It's something to do with his past in a high profile bank (BID?) and that he remained on their payroll during his early years as Senate President!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #50
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an expert on Romanian politics (yet ) but Becali getting in would just be awful.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #51
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

hmmmmmmmmmm the Parliament was elected, right? so yes, they do represent you.
You probably like it as much as I like being represented by Basescu, but that's the reality and if we don't like it, all we have to do is express our opinion thru voting and see the outcome. I for sure will go to the referendum, no doubt about that. And I hope many people go, cos then at least Basescu will stay cos 'the country wants him to' not cos the ppl didn't show up.
actually...we had to vote lists, so I don't want many of them representing me...that's why I'm all for the uninominal vote!!!! Which Basescu wanted and supported, BUT the Parliament didn't, cause that would have meant the end of many among them...

that is exactly what he said
Quote:

The uninominal vote was such a great idea too bad they didn't want it
exactly THEY!!! The same 'they' who suspended Basescu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHopkins View Post
But there is nothing to be afraid of - the current situation in Romania cannot continue and it will continue sadly unless Basescu steps down. The good guys are not always the ones who win sadly and unless all his opponents are voted out (which is way too unlikely) then he can't continue with the confidence of only a quarter of the government.
well...that's where I don't agree....if Basescu steps down, I'm afraid that if one of the old candidates gets elected, we might start to go backwards And at this point, I'd rather not take that chance...
Quote:
Everyone has the right to express their opinion and in a referendum like what is going to happen you *must* vote for what you feel is right! Personally I am all for change change change and yes that does mean the end of Basescu as it's not working Anyway the reason Basescu has been impeached is because he is allegedly corrupt.... but haven't the same kind of allegations been attributed to Vacaroiu? I don't know if the libera would have published this if there weren't some truths anyway?
They've accused Basescu of unconstitutional acts...and the Constitutional Court has cleared him and stated that there have been no such acts from his part...so the reason they've suspended him does not exist...this is a power play maneuvered by some of the biggest former collaborators of the 'Security'. I hate politics and I normally don't get involved in it or discussions about it, but it just kills me to see how they're tearing our country apart to save their own asses...we barely got settled in the EU, and we are running a mock. If they cared so much about this country and about the people, they'd try and work with Basescu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
I'm not an expert on Romanian politics (yet ) but Becali getting in would just be awful.
Becali is already involved in politics But he'd never be elected President We're not THAT stupid

all this politics talk has made me want to bang my head against the wall
Old 04-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #52
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post

exactly THEY!!! The same 'they' who suspended Basescu

:
no, it's everyone, including him and his beloved party. PSD brought up the uninominal vote back in 2005 and had lists for people to sign, but there were no results. The the Alliance took the idea and tried to make it work, which it didn't, not only cos of the Parliament, but cos of politicians in general. As you said, they want to save their asses. All of them. Which is why I'm really pissed about the uninominal vote

Quote:
that is exactly what he said
he couldn't have said 'hey guys, don't show up' it's really the fairest way so I'm glad I finally agree on something with him
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #53
country flag Iza

Quote:
i love talking about politics even today in the history class I was the only one talking to my teacher about the parties in the interbelic period (Mihnea was absent otherwise we would've been 2)
My pink ego box
Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #54
country flag MissPovaFan

Quote:
well...that's where I don't agree....if Basescu steps down, I'm afraid that if one of the old candidates gets elected, we might start to go backwards And at this point, I'd rather not take that chance...

They've accused Basescu of unconstitutional acts...and the Constitutional Court has cleared him and stated that there have been no such acts from his part...so the reason they've suspended him does not exist...this is a power play maneuvered by some of the biggest former collaborators of the 'Security'. I hate politics and I normally don't get involved in it or discussions about it, but it just kills me to see how they're tearing our country apart to save their own asses...we barely got settled in the EU, and we are running a mock. If they cared so much about this country and about the people, they'd try and work with Basescu.

Becali is already involved in politics But he'd never be elected President We're not THAT stupid

I guess with a lack of strong candidates emerging from within the Romanian government structure there would be a slight chance of one of the former less progressive politicians getting the Presidency. Maybe it is now time for a new face to rise above the mediocrity and to stake a strong claim? If Basescu is voted back in then the only way he will be successful is if the people who hounded him out are removed from their positions or they simply resign.

Well if Basescu has been found not guilty of the charges then he must be reinstated and the people responsible for creating this mess must be removed!

Quote:
i love talking about politics even today in the history class I was the only one talking to my teacher about the parties in the interbelic period (Mihnea was absent otherwise we would've been 2)
Yeah I agree it's great I used to love the debates we used to have in Uni
Old 04-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #55
country flag MissPovaFan

I have been toying with this idea for a while but what do you think would be the impact of merging the roles of the Prime Minister and President into one role? The rivalry between the two posts doesn't seem to be settling down.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #56
country flag Iza

it's impossible for now
My pink ego box
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #57
country flag MissPovaFan

Quote:
it's impossible for now
It's pretty difficult I agree but this surely has to be the long term aim? This feud between Basescu and Popescu must be considered a lesson that a country needs one leader rather than two to move forward.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #58
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

I am disgusted by this situation,we might as well be led by monkeys.Basescu was elected by the people and only we have the right to take away the presidency from him. I don`t see a good reason to suspend him,he hasn`t been better or worse than his predecessors(since Romania has become a democratic state).Personally I dislike Basescu,he`s just a demagogue with no real accomplishments and with a couple of foreign policy faux pas,but there are no real grounds for suspension.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #59
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

What foreign policy faux pas did he make? He brought Romania into EU. He is trying to implement market reforms and Romania is already in NATO.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #60
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
What foreign policy faux pas did he make? He brought Romania into EU. He is trying to implement market reforms and Romania is already in NATO.
Romania was already 90% in EU he just made the minimum effort to continue.
Quote:

Yes a lot of the people are fans of him but what will it matter even if he wins the referendum?
i don't know,i still think Basescu is the less evil. cuz all others are either bigger thiefs either much stupid. not that i'd be basescu fan,not at all. but i can't see an alternative sadly.

if he wins the refferendum it means he can rule again

why can't we get a king and a parlament ?

Quote:
So Miru you wouldn't vote for your favourite if they have little chance of being elected? It's a tough choice sometimes, I have the same situation here where the leading party always wins but my favourite party always come next to last

I'd make a good politician
damn right i would,tho i doubt i'd like someone as politician who isn't capable to convince ppl to vote for him how is he supposed to make external deals if he can't convince his own people ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote