still in the news: Romania - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #31
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
the 322 'ppl' who voted for Basescu's suspension did so because they're scared...those 322 'ppl' have defied millions of citizens who voted for Basescu to become President...some of them are being investigated and are involved with important business people, and don't really have the people's best interest at heart....I'm not saying Basescu is a saint, as I've stated before, but those 322 people do not represent me, or other millions of people, and I'm fed up with their lies...and we are definitely not gonna move forward if their plans succeed...right now, there isn't a better candidate in Romania for President...at least not from the ones that are planning on running in case Basescu loses...and Sabri I'm still waiting for your candidate

i know it is true that he was voted by millions but i can't stop but hearing Boc saying Basescu was voted by 21 million Romanians that li'l guy is such a clown i mean, he's a good mayor and all that but as a politician he's zero
hmmmmmmmmmm the Parliament was elected, right? so yes, they do represent you. You probably like it as much as I like being represented by Basescu, but that's the reality and if we don't like it, all we have to do is express our opinion thru voting and see the outcome. I for sure will go to the referendum, no doubt about that. And I hope many people go, cos then at least Basescu will stay cos 'the country wants him to' not cos the ppl didn't show up.
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #32
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHopkins View Post
Antonescy might be a good candidate as he doesn't bring with him any "former-Communist" baggage. Isn't he allied with Popescu though? Oprescu is surely too inexperienced? Although as I said above maybe that is what could be needed at this time - a fresh new outlook?
Oprescu has no chances cos he's too acid and has made some pretty rude comments in the past. I don't think he has any chances. Antonescu is okay IMO but many don't like him cos he is against everything he always has to rant about something and his current topic is Basescu.

If you look to the young politicians you realize there aren't many options:
Victor Ponta was the leader of the young social-democrates for ages but I don't give him any chances. and I for one, don't like him at all. He seems so...slippery.
Young liberals Bogdan Olteanu and Cristian Boureanu might be some choices, especially Olteanu as he is the president of the Chamber of Deputies. Boureanu is too cocky IMO and he doesn't have any results. I'd never elect him
Lavinia Sandru talks sooooooooooooooo much you just feel like shooting her. It's the only thing she's good at. And now she's with that Gusa character who is terrible.
Others?
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Old 04-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #33
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
the 322 'ppl' who voted for Basescu's suspension did so because they're scared...those 322 'ppl' have defied millions of citizens who voted for Basescu to become President...some of them are being investigated and are involved with important business people, and don't really have the people's best interest at heart....I'm not saying Basescu is a saint, as I've stated before, but those 322 people do not represent me, or other millions of people, and I'm fed up with their lies...and we are definitely not gonna move forward if their plans succeed...right now, there isn't a better candidate in Romania for President...at least not from the ones that are planning on running in case Basescu loses...and Sabri I'm still waiting for your candidate

The '322' have certainly gone against public opinion I agree - something which is rather strange - something is missing like you said. Do you at least think the public will have their chance to vote now that it will go to a referendum? I don't see how there could have been a great deal of pressure on the 322 especially considering it was a secret ballot? (assuming it was?)
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #34
country flag Iza

yes it was a secret ballot. no doubt about that. I can imagine Geoana holding a pistol at their head forcing them to vote against Basescu
My pink ego box
Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #35
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
i know it is true that he was voted by millions but i can't stop but hearing Boc saying Basescu was voted by 21 million Romanians that li'l guy is such a clown i mean, he's a good mayor and all that but as a politician he's zero
hmmmmmmmmmm the Parliament was elected, right? so yes, they do represent you. You probably like it as much as I like being represented by Basescu, but that's the reality and if we don't like it, all we have to do is express our opinion thru voting and see the outcome. I for sure will go to the referendum, no doubt about that. And I hope many people go, cos then at least Basescu will stay cos 'the country wants him to' not cos the ppl didn't show up.
You all have the chance to make your voice heard in the referendum, but there is a low turnout expected am I right? If the general public care so much for Basescu then they need to get out and vote! I stand by what I said in that his position is in jepordy even if he wins the referendum but it could place him in a strong enough position to force Popescu and his cronies to resign?

Quote:
Oprescu has no chances cos he's too acid and has made some pretty rude comments in the past. I don't think he has any chances. Antonescu is okay IMO but many don't like him cos he is against everything he always has to rant about something and his current topic is Basescu.

If you look to the young politicians you realize there aren't many options:
Victor Ponta was the leader of the young social-democrates for ages but I don't give him any chances. and I for one, don't like him at all. He seems so...slippery.
Young liberals Bogdan Olteanu and Cristian Boureanu might be some choices, especially Olteanu as he is the president of the Chamber of Deputies. Boureanu is too cocky IMO and he doesn't have any results. I'd never elect him
Lavinia Sandru talks sooooooooooooooo much you just feel like shooting her. It's the only thing she's good at. And now she's with that Gusa character who is terrible.
Others?
I agree that Oprescu and Antonescu probably haven't got a high enough profile to actually be serious contenders from the Presidency which is a shame really. You need forward thinking politicians and maybe Antonescu doesn't really fit the bill. Ponta is no good as he would be too weak a leader in my opinion - he would never be able to stand up to his opponents on that scale. Olteanu has chances in the future but I feel it is about 5 or so years too early for him - but I wouldn't bet against him becoming President in the next decade. Boureanu is way too young and inexperienced for the position surely? Sandru is okay but she gets involved in stupid issues.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #36
country flag MissPovaFan

Quote:
yes it was a secret ballot. no doubt about that. I can imagine Geoana holding a pistol at their head forcing them to vote against Basescu
Poor Geoana he is a hopeless case How the hell the PSD wanted him to lead them again one will never know
Old 04-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #37
country flag Iza

When I mentioned those young ppl, I wasn't necessarily reffering to who could run for president this year. I was thinking about the future....like 5 or 6 years.
no idea how PSD thought he could a leader a friend of mine is a die-hard PSD fan and he hates Geoana so he's not popular within the PSD supporters either
and about the referundum: I think it's more likely that Basescu haters like myself will go to the referendum while his supporters won't, because if there aren't enough voters the referendum won't count so the outcome is invalid. I hope I will be proved wrong and his supporters go too (I stated my preference in the previous post )
My pink ego box
Old 04-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #38
country flag MissPovaFan

Quote:
When I mentioned those young ppl, I wasn't necessarily reffering to who could run for president this year. I was thinking about the future....like 5 or 6 years.
no idea how PSD thought he could a leader a friend of mine is a die-hard PSD fan and he hates Geoana so he's not popular within the PSD supporters either
and about the referundum: I think it's more likely that Basescu haters like myself will go to the referendum while his supporters won't, because if there aren't enough voters the referendum won't count so the outcome is invalid. I hope I will be proved wrong and his supporters go too (I stated my preference in the previous post )
hehe I agree! Geoana clearly had a few friends within the media that helped him Sorry i shouldn't make accusations but I'm quite certain it was the case Iliescu would never have lost to him otherwise

So if the referendum doesn't bring enough votes the impeachment will fail and Basescu will remain as President?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #39
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

OMG u've discussed a lot

Paul,u can't understand the situation from the outside anyway

my problem si that right now i can't see anyone ruling this country fair. i never liked geoana,tariceanu or vacaroiu,muuuuuuuuuuuch less vadim tudor (aka valium tudor ) so i hope they won't get the power again. i'm certainly afraid of getting a new president like vanghelie or becali.

anyway our opinion is kinda useless. as far as i can see ppl around the country are die hard fans of basescu and they still think he's fair play and stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #40
country flag Iza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHopkins View Post

So if the referendum doesn't bring enough votes the impeachment will fail and Basescu will remain as President?
yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
OMG u've discussed a lot

Paul,u can't understand the situation from the outside anyway

my problem si that right now i can't see anyone ruling this country fair. i never liked geoana,tariceanu or vacaroiu,muuuuuuuuuuuch less vadim tudor (aka valium tudor ) so i hope they won't get the power again. i'm certainly afraid of getting a new president like vanghelie or becali.

anyway our opinion is kinda useless. as far as i can see ppl around the country are die hard fans of basescu and they still think he's fair play and stuff...
i am very scared of a guy like Vaghelie or Becali
Miru, you don't have to start with the idea that it is useless. Of course it will always be useless if you don't state it. It doesn't cost you anything to express your opinion. And I do know a lot of people who dislike him, even if it's true they are less than the ones who like him. And also, there are quite a few people who don't want to admit they don't like him, because let's be honest, it's much cooler to say 'I like Basescu and the alliance, I hate PSD'. If you like PSD you are considered a communist lover blah blah blah. I know I might sound idealist but maybe if more ppl got involved in voting and stuff we won't be having characters like Becali and Vanghelie in our political life.
I never liked Vacaroiu either but I feel sorry for him. He is not that big drinker, he's quite a decent guy and it's his 2nd time as the president of the senate and no-one had anything bad with him. And he was very reserved about the whole interim thing. More than decent attitude.
My pink ego box
Old 04-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #41
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

belive me,i've seen vacaroiu drunk at work so don't tell me he's not drinking i understand mihnea has a great influence on you but don't take it all for true.

it's true we have to express our opinion,it'd be bad if we wouldn't. but young ppl's voice in politics these days is not audible. i'm not against PSD,actually the mayor of my sector is from PSD and he's a person i admire and respect,i know him personally,he's been to my house,we talked etc etc. but i think whil we don't vote for person,not partid or alliance we won't get a parlament closer to our desires.

do you imagine it's gonna be our first vote as Romanian citezens with full rights ?

Quote:

Quote:
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Old 04-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #42
country flag Iza

Miru, I'm not a PSDist, Mihnea is. I just feel sorry for Vacaroiu, that's all. I know he's been drunk but now he has diabetes and alcohol is prohibited. And Mihnea doesn't like him too much either, he's a Nastase fan , so it's not him that defended Vaca (additional information: Itza is a PD and Base fan, so I have influence from both sides which make me be more objective than them )

The uninominal vote was such a great idea too bad they didn't want it
My pink ego box
Old 04-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #43
country flag Mara_M

they're scared,they base their power by dragging those creeps in their back
vote for uninominal vote

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #44
country flag Iza

i did sign for it but no-one wants it
My pink ego box
Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #45
country flag Mara_M

cuz u have to cheat and steal to be in politics

Quote:

Quote: