still in the news: Romania - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 04-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #16
country flag Iza
Registered User
 
Iza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: fake plastic world
Age: 26
Posts: 12,941
Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
resign
ok i'll be less drastic maybe try to make the Parliament and PM support him. And please don't tell that implies stealing and being corrupt. Everyone's done that. Including him.
__________________
I suck at TT so there's no reason to brag with my 1st round exits :retard:
And I adore Radiohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #17
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE
 
Aleka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Viktor's pants for one semester :D
Age: 26
Posts: 14,040
Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

You know it's harder than it sounds I know he has his skeletons, but it's nothing compared to what others did/are still doing....

And I am completely disgusted with the way PSD and everyone else against Basescu is reacting to the meetings that are taking place to support him...I can't believe they're calling it 'mineriada', and actually implying that PD payed those people to come come on ppl, does paranoia mean anything to you???!!!! I would've gone myself, but have to study...but my sis went, and I know lots of people who have, and no one is paying them...and, Iza, you say that the Stolo thing was over the top but what are the others doing??? I've not heard one pro-Basescu thing on tv since the whole suspension...coincidence??? I doubt it...I can't believe that Mtv is the only channel that isn't running a denigration campaign against him...and they've never shown any politics before...well, not like this anyway

Don't you think that this is too much??? If Basescu really did broke the law, as they say he did, why haven't they proven it? Why are they going out of their way to take over all the tv channels...I can't turn on the tv without having to listen to some guy saying Basescu has done this, and Basescu has done that...play fair people!!!! But they can't, cause then they'd have nothing to say, and the majority of the people are on Basescu's side anyway...
__________________
Aleka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
country flag rosespower
Registered User
 
rosespower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 25
Posts: 8,898
rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

To give a short answer at all you have said...I don't think Basescu is the least bad from all the bads...
__________________
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. (Albert Einstein)

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #19
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE
 
Aleka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Viktor's pants for one semester :D
Age: 26
Posts: 14,040
Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

then give me an example of who is better please

I'm going to the meeting talk to you later
__________________
Aleka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #20
country flag Iza
Registered User
 
Iza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: fake plastic world
Age: 26
Posts: 12,941
Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
You know it's harder than it sounds I know he has his skeletons, but it's nothing compared to what others did/are still doing....

And I am completely disgusted with the way PSD and everyone else against Basescu is reacting to the meetings that are taking place to support him...I can't believe they're calling it 'mineriada', and actually implying that PD payed those people to come come on ppl, does paranoia mean anything to you???!!!! I would've gone myself, but have to study...but my sis went, and I know lots of people who have, and no one is paying them...and, Iza, you say that the Stolo thing was over the top but what are the others doing??? I've not heard one pro-Basescu thing on tv since the whole suspension...coincidence??? I doubt it...I can't believe that Mtv is the only channel that isn't running a denigration campaign against him...and they've never shown any politics before...well, not like this anyway

Don't you think that this is too much??? If Basescu really did broke the law, as they say he did, why haven't they proven it? Why are they going out of their way to take over all the tv channels...I can't turn on the tv without having to listen to some guy saying Basescu has done this, and Basescu has done that...play fair people!!!! But they can't, cause then they'd have nothing to say, and the majority of the people are on Basescu's side anyway...
well why are they running it???? because they have too much time on their hands?? Why in the universe would PRM agree with UDMR? It can't really be that he's Jesus Christ and all the others are some thieves. He is the only one who wishes well for his country, he's Neprihanitul (sorry for the Romanian )! No way. When I hear him with 'poporul ma vrea, fac asta pentru binele tarii' I feel like I'm watching one of Caragiale's comedies. As Cristoiu said in an article, even the communists abandoned these slogans because they were way too pathetic.
It's not the same situation as it was in Lithuania where the president really broke the law, but he is far from being a saint.
And I want to make it very clear that I am not a PSD,PRM,UDMR,PC or PNL lover. Not even close to that.
__________________
I suck at TT so there's no reason to brag with my 1st round exits :retard:
And I adore Radiohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
country flag Iza
Registered User
 
Iza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: fake plastic world
Age: 26
Posts: 12,941
Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

bye Ale
__________________
I suck at TT so there's no reason to brag with my 1st round exits :retard:
And I adore Radiohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #22
country flag TMJordan
Registered User
 
TMJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,663
TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
Suck SUCK

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #23
country flag Iza
Registered User
 
Iza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: fake plastic world
Age: 26
Posts: 12,941
Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
then give me an example of who is better please
well I personally like Crin Antonescu (PNL) and Vasile Puscas (PSD) but I am aware of the fact that they wouldn't be popular. Antonescu cos he talks too much and Puscas because he is...oh well I dunno why but I have the feeling few ppl know him. Oh, and I like Oprescu too, he's a funny guy but he doesn't have any chances either.
__________________
I suck at TT so there's no reason to brag with my 1st round exits :retard:
And I adore Radiohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #24
country flag Iza
Registered User
 
Iza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: fake plastic world
Age: 26
Posts: 12,941
Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMaster View Post
hey jordan why are you -ing ?
__________________
I suck at TT so there's no reason to brag with my 1st round exits :retard:
And I adore Radiohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #25
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE
 
Aleka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Viktor's pants for one semester :D
Age: 26
Posts: 14,040
Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

actually Iza...the fact that UDMR and PRM are agreeing on something is a sign that something bad is going on They're positions are being threatened and that's why they've united against Basescu and the PD ministers.

And about the Stolojan thing...him stepping down from the run for President saying he was ill....Basescu had nothing to do with it...he was being black mailed by the other parties, thinking that he had the best chances of winning

And I wouldn't be quoting Cristoiu if I were you
__________________
Aleka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #26
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE
 
Aleka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Viktor's pants for one semester :D
Age: 26
Posts: 14,040
Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

OPRESCU??!!!! Holly cow!!!!!!

shit, I'm late, my sis is gonna kill me

Jordan Iza
__________________
Aleka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #27
country flag Iza
Registered User
 
Iza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: fake plastic world
Age: 26
Posts: 12,941
Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
And I wouldn't be quoting Cristoiu if I were you
Cristoiuuuuu can't wait to buy his book about Cuba
__________________
I suck at TT so there's no reason to brag with my 1st round exits :retard:
And I adore Radiohead
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #28
country flag TMJordan
Registered User
 
TMJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,663
TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

I dont know why I was ing


EDIT: VAAAAAAAAMOS 6000
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
Suck SUCK

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #29
country flag MissPovaFan
Registered User
 
MissPovaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Devon, UK
Age: 31
Posts: 9,119
MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
oh come oooooooooooooooooooon not again!!!

1. Vacaroiu won't lead the country, he's just there till the referendum is over, so it's not about how much of a leader he is.

2. He can't drink cos he has diabetes.

3. Basescu won't leave cos not enough ppl will show up to validate the referendum.

4. Any person following Romanian politics (and here I don't mean the ones who accidentally watch the news once in a while) know exactly what Basescu is doing wrong and why his popularity is decreasing. And mind you, he has done something incredible: made PRM (right-wing extremists a.k.a Hungarian haters) vote the same thing with UDMR (the Hungarian party), an absolutely unbelievable thing, given the hatred between the 2 parties. So it was not like the ppl in the Parliament woke up one day and thought 'oh, why don't we suspend the president?'. PSD gave it a try and they succeeded. Who would've thought?

5. What kind of a person proudly states that he'll resign after 5 friggin minutes and then comes back to say ' actually I'm staying cos it's better for my people.'

[/rant]
The drinking problem is only a rumour of course and I guess it must be doubtful if he does have diabetes of course.

He probably won the election due to his claims that he would erradicate corruption from Romanian politics but he hasn't been entirely successful. I think his Communist roots are coming back to haunt him as things are going wrong - the public are obviously looking for reasons for his failings.

He obviously won a lot of popularity by defying his government on many occasions by getting actively involved with public activists but this left him open to attacks from his opponents of course.

Maybe it is his popularity with the public that has led to him being impeached? Do you feel this popularity will carry him through in the referrendum? Or will be simply resign his position?

It all needs to be tidyed up but it really isn't going to be unless a new President is appointed I feel. Whether he deserves to go or not Basescu can't stay now or it will hinder the country's development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
Basescu is not lazy What can a guy do with the Parliament and The Prime Minister don't support him??

We asked him not to quit!!! If he would have done so, the parliament with it's interim President would have voted a law that would've stated that a President who had resigned, cannot be a candidate anymore....so Basescu would have been out of the run for President, which would have been the worst thing since uhm....communism So he didn't resign

And seriously now...can you tell me the name of one guy who would do a better job/care about the people and what is in their best interest beside Basescu?? Nastase.... Gusa Vadim Becali Ponta That pretty much leaves us with Basescu...cause Stolojan doesn't want to run for President...And the reason Basescu has been suspended is the same one for which they totally made Mona Musca look like Romania's worst enemy(...and for what?! For something that the majority of the Politicians have done in the past??? And are still doing maybe!!! ) and for the same reason that they had Monica Macovei step down: because they were finally revealing the cheats and liers who supposedly look after our best interests and all they care about is how big their wallets are, because they were sooo close to starting the war against corruption and that would have jeopardized the positions of hundreds of Politicians and Business Men....this country is never gonna pull through if they don't let a decent President do his job...
hmm well the fact that an impeachment referendum was voted by on a 3:1 ratio it appears the rest of the government were not impressed by his performance as President. Maybe a fresh new approach is needed? But it has to be pretty quick. It is sad for Basescu as he has been stabbed in the back but he needs to go now with grace and leave the country move forward.

hmm you say it's a good thing if Basescu gets re-elected as President but how would this necessarily be a good thing for the country? He obviously deeply cares about the Romanian people and wants to move the country forward but he is incapable due to his opposition within the government thus placing him in an impossible position.

If the rest of the government did leave Basescu do his job properly and left him alone then I agree with him staying but it's not going to happen To be honest I am struggling to see a viable candidate for the position. Popescu certainly shouldn't have the position considering his involved - it needs to be a fresh new maybe up and coming politician? To be fair that worked in England when Tony Blair became PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
Macovei is another fave of mine you're right about Musca, she was unfairly treated. But Macovei: she was part of a government. If she disagreed with what the PM a.k.a her boss said, she should've resigned. There have been 3 people who have done this so far: Ionut Popescu, Mircea Miclea and Andrei Marga. They disagreed with the PM, they left. Not the end of the world. Tho Marga was a huge loss (see other ministers of Education: Abramburica , Athanasiu :retard: , Hardau ) So I was very happy to see her go away. It's the only reason why I dislike her so much. Her desperation to stick to her chair. Save the Justice? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah right

you are right that there is no-one decent to run for President right now. But I was questioning his honor. You said something, you do it, even if it is to your disadvantage. He should've kept his mouth shut and then everything would've been ok. he's lost quite a few fans after this thingy (not me, he's lost me aaaaaaaaaages ago)
Macovei was only sacked due to her lack of popularity within Romania and her strong alliance with Basescu I feel - she was doing a good job otherwise. I don't think her public comments about Romania's "safety" within the European Union did her any good either. Maybe she was just a pawn in the current struggle for power and I'm sure she will be back when things have settled down. I can't see how Popescu can emerge with any credibility for sacking her anyway considering her role in the country joining the EU.

Basescu has now been officially suspended hasn't he? He clearly stated he would resign if this was the case - he has not! Why not? If it's as you say Aleka that he wouldn't be able to run for Presidency again if he resigned then what would change if he actually was re-elected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
well I personally like Crin Antonescu (PNL) and Vasile Puscas (PSD) but I am aware of the fact that they wouldn't be popular. Antonescu cos he talks too much and Puscas because he is...oh well I dunno why but I have the feeling few ppl know him. Oh, and I like Oprescu too, he's a funny guy but he doesn't have any chances either.
Antonescy might be a good candidate as he doesn't bring with him any "former-Communist" baggage. Isn't he allied with Popescu though? Oprescu is surely too inexperienced? Although as I said above maybe that is what could be needed at this time - a fresh new outlook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
actually Iza...the fact that UDMR and PRM are agreeing on something is a sign that something bad is going on They're positions are being threatened and that's why they've united against Basescu and the PD ministers.

And about the Stolojan thing...him stepping down from the run for President saying he was ill....Basescu had nothing to do with it...he was being black mailed by the other parties, thinking that he had the best chances of winning

And I wouldn't be quoting Cristoiu if I were you
I would have thought Stolojan would have had a great deal of public support? But I guess he would need to gain many votes away from the PNL and this could be very difficult for him - maybe the support for Popescu might slow down though...
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #30
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE
 
Aleka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Viktor's pants for one semester :D
Age: 26
Posts: 14,040
Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHopkins View Post
hmm well the fact that an impeachment referendum was voted by on a 3:1 ratio it appears the rest of the government were not impressed by his performance as President. Maybe a fresh new approach is needed? But it has to be pretty quick. It is sad for Basescu as he has been stabbed in the back but he needs to go now with grace and leave the country move forward.

If the rest of the government did leave Basescu do his job properly and left him alone then I agree with him staying but it's not going to happen To be honest I am struggling to see a viable candidate for the position. Popescu certainly shouldn't have the position considering his involved - it needs to be a fresh new maybe up and coming politician? To be fair that worked in England when Tony Blair became PM.
the 322 'ppl' who voted for Basescu's suspension did so because they're scared...those 322 'ppl' have defied millions of citizens who voted for Basescu to become President...some of them are being investigated and are involved with important business people, and don't really have the people's best interest at heart....I'm not saying Basescu is a saint, as I've stated before, but those 322 people do not represent me, or other millions of people, and I'm fed up with their lies...and we are definitely not gonna move forward if their plans succeed...right now, there isn't a better candidate in Romania for President...at least not from the ones that are planning on running in case Basescu loses...and Sabri I'm still waiting for your candidate

__________________
Aleka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios