Mens Tennis Forums banner

Frederico Gil

32K views 167 replies 32 participants last post by  joaodias69 
#1 ·
Fredrico Gil

This guy is playing in his home countries only ATP Event this week in Estoril, Portugal and he doesn't even need a Wild Card! Vamos!

#124 ·
Very sad to hear he won't be around in January! I really enjoy watching him play and he seems like a genuinely lovely guy. Wish him all the very best and hope he can find good form this year. He deserves good things!

#125 ·
Its getting worse and worse. He said he was going to start his season in DC vs Benin. What does the national couch do? Dont even call him! He called Joao Sousa, Gastao Elias and Pedro Sousa (good so far) but then he calls Rui Machado that must have played 2 or 3 matches in the last six months. I dont remember the last ime Gil was not called to DC team by couching option. Worring times and shocking decision from Pedro Cordeiro...

#129 ·
I made this video for Fred, he's going back on track on Challenger Pereira. Vamos!

#133 ·
Thanks guys, Frederico will give me a gift, so nice. :)

Next tournament will be Casablanca, he's fighting so much with himself, hard road.

#135 ·
I just saw this now, sorry. He's comeing now, he just said that is a surprise, are no. :)

#136 ·
I saw him and chated a while with him in Madrid Masters last year. It's really a shame what's happened to him this last year, I really hope he recovers and shows that he's still a great tennis player.

#140 ·
Well, there is more important things in life than tennis. He needs to take care of this serious healt problem. This is not about tennis anymore, but about him having a good life. I really hope he does. Anyway, we portuguese fans will always thank him for what he has done for our tennis. He was without a doubt, our most successfull player.

#142 ·
Well, I have a private information. He'll probably retire forever. I'm not seeing him doing another comeback.

#145 ·
Frederico Gil is amazing. He was in a deep depression and reacted, fought back and now he's already making plans to comeback in 2014. He already has protected ranking, but I think that is out of top-450. He's a fighter, his career isn't finished yet!

#146 ·
Really? That's great news. And do you know the schedule? I guess he'll start playing futures, right?

Even if he loses all matches in his comeback we should give him the best support we can, he deserves it.

#148 ·
It seems that the medical diagnosis was wrong, he doesn't have a bi-polar disorder, they were medicating him wrong. :eek:

He's going to come back in 2014, definitely, though it may take the whole year for him to be back to his old form.

#149 ·
Yeah, Fred found that he isn't bipolar something like.. 1 month ago, if I'm not wrong. Now he have new medication and he's stable, more confidente in himself. Will be back training at 28th October, next week. Vamos Fred! This guy is such a fighter, he's an example for everyone.

#150 ·
:):):):):):):):)

These are incredible news! I knew that he was coming back into training, I didn´t know that he changed mediaction, and Bipolar disease is not an issue anymore. So happy for him. What ever happens in terms of tennis career from now on, it's his life that is coming back into terms.
Go Gil! Hope to see you back at next year's Portugal Open! But more important, hope that you have a nice healthy life!

#151 ·

Frederico Gil with Rui Machado on last Friday. :) How nice to see Gil working hard.

#152 ·
Frederico Gil is back! He'll play 3 Futures in a row in Portugal in February.

#153 ·
#154 ·
The first opponent on his comeback is Matthew Short. Plays tomorrow the 2nd match on the CC. Vamos!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.