Mens Tennis Forums banner

Hard court season- Mission: London

20K views 226 replies 22 participants last post by  FederPova 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Re: Hard court season- Us Open Series

Man I hate this dead period after Wimbledon,can't wait for this tournament. Winnable for Grigor I think,or he could lose in the quarters,some tough players there. I think Raonic will be one of the big favourites this US Open series,so it would be great to see a Grigor-Milos semi.

#6 ·

According to Tennis TV, this year Washington will have TV coverage from day 1 already. Up to 19 live matches, which probably means 3 matches by day until Friday (12 matches total) and then all the QF's, SF's and the F. I think every match from Dimitrov will be streamed, but not 100% sure, since he's seeded 3, but Isner and Nishikori are popular in the US too.

It's a very friendly draw for Grigor until the SF's IMHO, when he'll probably face a servebot. I'd say a SF is a good result here. Good preparation for what really matters: the Masters and the US Open.

Not sure about his form though. He's been training the past week? I only saw photos of him from vacations, the ESPY and with Mugelstob these days. I think Rasheed was in Australia all this time, judging by his tweets and is only coming to USA this weekend.

#7 ·

^Thanks! Good to see they will start from Monday.
As for Grigor, I think he's been doing just fitness training - there was a pic with Masha and him (he was with weight vest) running and that's all...maybe he'll be a bit rusty but better here than at the masters

#17 · (Edited)
#21 ·

[3]Wawrinka v. Bye
Q v. Falla
Anderson v. Q
Youzhny v. [16]Fognini

[9]Nishikori v. Kohlschreiber
Simon v. Thiem
Q v. Dancevic
Bye v. [7]Dimitrov

#22 ·

2nd round --> Dancevic or qualy, good one to get rhytm.
3rd round --> probably Nishikori, tough, but I believe Grigor can beat him, he'll not serve always like in Miami.
QF --> Wawrinka, also tough, but it's better than face Djokovic.

I think a SF is not easy, but a possible result, but not sure about his form.

#25 ·

Draw looks tough. Hopefully Grigor has fully recovered and shaken off the rust so he can do well here.

Grigor pulling out of Washington worked out well for me. The Commonwealth Games have been taking place in my city and I've had an amazing week going to lots of events. I haven't had time to watch any tennis this week but they are almost over and I'm ready for Toronto now. :lol:

#28 · (Edited)

Feels like it's been the offseason but it's over :cool:
3rd on CC right after Nole (also perfect time for us in Bulgeria :)) + first match as a top10 player! Tbh i expect a bit of rough start and possibly dropping of a set but he should be able to cope with in-form Young. We'll see :bounce:
P.S. Can someone (dinkulpus?) make this thread sticky?

#30 ·
Very very very rusty, flat-footed as hell. The result of him taking that long vacation with Sharapova... It's not that I don't think he deserved a vacation, but it was too long. He's not the equivalent of Sharapova in ATP, yet. he can't expect to get back into it as fast as someone like Sharapova (who btw is no.1 on the race to YEC ranking) after such a lengthy break.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#34 ·

Very very very rusty, flat-footed as hell. The result of him taking that long vacation with Sharapova... It's not that I don't think he deserved a vacation, but it was too long. He's not the equivalent of Sharapova in ATP, yet. he can't expect to get back into it as fast as someone like Sharapova (who btw is no.1 on the race to YEC ranking) after such a lengthy break.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Fortunatelly, otherwise I'd probably cheer against him, just like with Raonic.

I didn't like the match either. Probably will lose to Robredo tomorrow, unless somehow he can find his serve rhytm.

PS Dinkulpus should stick this thread, no? :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.