Mens Tennis Forums banner

Frank Dancevic

199K views 3K replies 108 participants last post by  BethB 
#1 · (Edited)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) given Wild Card to London/Queen's Club

He beat Rusedski in the Quarters of Surbiton, and now he has a WC to a great event. I hope he does well.

#1,645 ·
I thought maybe he took a medical timeout at 4-1 in set 2. There was a really long break, and coming out of it Frank immediately lost the next 6 points to get to 4-3 0-30 on his serve before he recovered to get to 5-2. He struggled to serve out the set as well but eventually did so after saving 4 bp's.

But he's cruising in the 3rd, so maybe it wasn't a medical timeout. He had me scared for a sec though

#1,648 ·
wow he's on fire. He's won 9 matches in a row in less than 2 weeks. 10 out of 11 if you count Indian Wells.

#1,652 ·
Not really a horrible draw. Not as good as it could have been, but both of those matches are winnable matches. The Chardy match will likely come down to who serves best. If Frank serves big, he should beat Chardy. As for Fish, his form is questionable, his mentality is in question, and he has the pressure of defending a ton of points here. I think it's a good match-up for Frank with Fish, I think Fish would only be a slight favorite. And if he can win these matches the draw becomes very open. Best of all, he has a rest day on Wednesday. I'm confident, Frank is confident, he's playing well, and when he's in form he can threaten and beat great players.

#1,658 ·
Bagel in the breaker! Great win after a mini-choke. That challenger win must have done wonders for his confidence. Of course, Chardy is capable of playing horrible tennis.

Won 14 more points in the second set and really deserved the win.

Fantastic stats on serve apart from the first serve percentage. Hope he can do some damage against le poisson.

#1,661 ·
Frank got in as an alternate into the Tallahassee challenger this upcoming week and lucked out with the draw. It's a great one and Frank has a great opportunity to do real damage at the event. If Frank wins the event, he's got a pretty good chance of making the French Open direct entry, so it's crucial.

He plays a qualifier in R1.

#1,668 ·
6-0 6-4 win over Sitak and 7-5 7-5 win over Baker in the first two rounds for Frank. He's had his customary lapses in both matches but was able to win each relatively comfortably regardless. He plays Reynolds on Thursday in the QF, good chance at revenge for his loss to Bobby in Indian Wells. H2H is 5-3 for Reynolds so let's see if Frank can turn his fortunes around in Tallahassee against the American.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.