Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 Live Commentary

202K views 6K replies 270 participants last post by  Looner 
#1 ·
Off you go

#5,323 ·
I'm sure he'd have preferred to face Tipsy or Haas, two of his biggest whipping boys on tour. 6-0 overall H2H, 13-0 in sets, broken twice in 13 sets (once by each), best each managed was one 5-7 set...

#5,320 ·
Delpo faces a tough scheduling decision for sure.

On the one hand, he needs to play matches/tournaments to get his rhythm and confidence back. As seen by his form in this tournament, he definitely needs to keep playing matches to find his form.

On the other hand, playing Basel and Paris could leave him too fatigued for WTF, although his draw in Basel is quite easy until the final.

Really don't know what the best decision would be, he and his team need to sit down and weigh both options after this final.

#5,326 ·
Surely he should play Paris and not Basel. More points plus the big boys will most likely tank.

In Nadal's absence, del Potro is doing a good job of angering me by winning
Why do you hate him so much :lol:? He's not even taking too much time :shrug:

Set, Delboy.

#5,331 ·
Surely he should play Paris and not Basel. More points plus the big boys will most likely tank.
He wants to play against the big boys though, I'm sure that a potential Basel final with Federer is in his head. Running away from the big guys will never be a reason behind Delpo's schedule decisions, he loves to play them and knows he needs to play them many times if he's ever to find the form to beat them in Slams again.

#5,335 ·
He wants to play against the big boys though, I'm sure that a potential Basel final with Federer is in his head. Running away from the big guys will never be a reason behind Delpo's schedule decisions, he loves to play them and knows he needs to play them many times if he's ever to find the form to beat them in Slams again.
You are going too far. There 4 matches before Fed and Delpo never was that great indoor to count his presence in the final to be done deal. I don`t think he can/is/should think about Fed already.

#5,329 ·
Delpo takes the set despite 21 UE :lol: He should now take this in 2, the hardest part should be over. Hope he can up his level in the second set though, especially on his own serve, which has been way below the standards set during this week.

#5,338 ·
This is much more like the Del Potro I know :D Great power, consistency, awesome FHs... he seems to be finding his rhythm. Great game to break, hope he can keep it up.

#5,339 ·
Bellucci winning an indoor HC ATP. Never thought I would see that.

#5,347 ·
Nothing more typical than Bellucci choking when serving for the match.

#5,349 ·
Fuck I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm still watching :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.