Nadal leaves IMG & sets up own management company; signs Christian Garin - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nadal leaves IMG & sets up own management company; signs Christian Garin

So it was reported last month that Nadal hadn't renewed his deal with IMG and like Federer has chosen to set up his own business with his long time manager Carlos Costa (see reports of him creating a sports and event management company here: http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2013/f...ement-company/).

It's been reported in the Chilean press today that he and his team have been so impressed with Garin that they've nearly completed a deal to sign him -- so Carlos Costa will now manage Garin's career. Interesting development and a sign of the promise they see in him. http://www.lasegunda.com/Noticias/De...ager-que-Nadal

Translation of above article:

Quote:
Finished the game yesterday against Frenchman Jeremy Chardy, far from satisfied after having given tough fight to number 26 in the world, Christian Garin was upset, almost to tears by the loss. That's the mentality of this 16 year old boy, who in Vina del Mar Chile became the youngest ever to win a match on the ATP (the first round of the Serbian Dusan Lajovic).

Its performance has surprised the international journalists who came to Chile to see Nadal, and the Spanish player's own staff. In fact, Garin is about to sign with the same company that manages the career of Rafa. Since last year many companies were being set international representation in the young Chilean, including Nadal, headed by former tennis player Carlos Costa, who is in Viña del Mar as part of the circle of the Spaniard.

Leveraging its presence in Chile, Costa met with Christian's father, Sergio Garin, who acknowledged that "we're almost ready ... I think we will close deal." Everything will be resolved in the coming days or hours ... The sharing manager with Nadal entail immense benefits to Garin. Wild cards in high level tournaments, rapprochement with sponsors, driving better business in the area ... certainly a giant leap in its infancy and already remarkable career.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal leaves IMG & sets up own management company; signs Christian Garin

Youngest ever to win an ATP match? That is not correct. Nadal, for one, was 15 years 10 months when he won his 1st.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal leaves IMG & sets up own management company; signs Christian Garin

Signing Garin! Wow, didn't see anything like that coming.
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Youngest ever to win an ATP match? That is not correct. Nadal, for one, was 15 years 10 months when he won his 1st.
That might be a Google translate issue - I assume they mean youngest ever Chilean.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
That might be a Google translate issue - I assume they mean youngest ever Chilean.
It could also mean the current youngest to have won a match - in other words, the one born latest. Just like Del Potro is the current youngest slam champion.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Garin forum
Rafael has won more titles than Novak Djokovic, but speaking merely about tennis and about the game, Rafa has to be considered slightly lower than Djokovic. The Serb is such a good player that he is as close as you can get to Roger Federer
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Outrageous behavior by Humbleito once again! How does this guy have fans?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
country flag pierricbross

pierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually think he was the youngest ever, I see so many tennis articles written in the sport section of papers that have the wrong information.
pierricbross is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is already planning life after tennis, what does that say about his playing future???
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

That's great for Garin, it's really important to have good management and willing sponsors at an early age. He's set to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
If Kneedal wins RG this year, I'll be running topless on Umag centre court.

Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

is the Nadal family bankrupt?

rafa seems desperate to make extra cash lately
Old 02-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #12
country flag fifthsetshootout

fifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond repute

Carlos Costa was also manager for David Nalbandian. Does anyone know if Nalbandian followed Rafa out of IMG, or did Costa leave Nalbandian? I guess the latter is more likely, given Nalbandian's years...
fifthsetshootout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

who care.
Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

both choices seem to be good ones
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
country flag rakuten7

rakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond reputerakuten7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthsetshootout View Post
Carlos Costa was also manager for David Nalbandian. Does anyone know if Nalbandian followed Rafa out of IMG, or did Costa leave Nalbandian? I guess the latter is more likely, given Nalbandian's years...
Nalbandian and Monaco are with Costa too.
rakuten7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote